RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   All our yesterdays- great ex players (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109901-all-our-yesterdays-great-ex-players.html)

89Leader 19th June 2017 16.35:18

Re: All our yesterdays- great ex players

Think Lee Fowler deserves a mention. Regardless of people's feelings towards him and the few games he played, he was effortlessly good at times

fugazi3973 19th June 2017 16.45:28

So many - but here's my tuppence (no order other than maybe keeper - striker)

Andy Marriott
Phil Hardy
Deryn Brace
Joey Jones
Brian Carey
Barry Hunter
Dennis Lawrence
Andy Thackeray
Barry Jones
Darren Ferguson
Gareth Owen
Kevin Russell
Brian Hughes
Karl Connolly
Carlos Edwards
Gary Bennett
Steve Watkin
Lee Trundle

Too many more.....

dalekshire 19th June 2017 16.55:22

[QUOTE=WasanActonlad;2040959]One of my favorite goals was an Ian Moir effort around 67 or 68, Oldham in the FA Cup, were 4-0 up, ended 4-2.
Moir's goal was towards the Tech end, mazy dribble down the right wing, cut in and unleashed a shot from edge of penalty box.

One wonders what they called the tech end before the the tech was built in early 50's.[/QUOTE]

I was at that game, Albert Kinsey scored a goal in front of the kop that almost burst the net

southcoaster 19th June 2017 17.04:18

Albert-albert-albert

MJ6987 19th June 2017 17.13:35

Wonder who will be the Wrexham legends of this era? Like, if there are fundraising events 20/30/40 years from now, who will be the "legends" who will speak at them??

Mr Malik 19th June 2017 17.44:29

[QUOTE=WasanActonlad;2040989]For those who recall him , how good was Wyn Davies when he played for Wrexham, it was a bit before my time, though I remember him for Newcastle and Wales late 60's.
Was it evident he was going to go on to better things[/QUOTE]

You take it from me for what you would call a local lad from the Welsh Coast he turned out to be one of our best ever number 9. A great header of a ball and a guy who would put himself around. Not a timid number 9. He left us to join Bolton and enjoyed fantastic times with both Newcastle and Man City. At Newcastle, he was known as the Mighty Wyn, which was a popular song called the Mighty Quinn at the time. He was well thought of at Newcastle and remains an hero that has worn the coveted number 9 shirt. Not bad wearing the Welsh shirt either!

dagg 19th June 2017 17.45:01

Does anyone on here remember someone called Stanley Matthews playing for Wrexham.

davewilli 19th June 2017 17.45:41

Entertainers - Ian Moir, Bobby Shinton & Lee Trundle.

Great goals - Graham Whittle.

Legend - Arfon Griffiths

My favourite one club (490 games for Wxm FC) man, captain of our best team & 3 caps Wales - Gareth Davis.

REDROBBO 19th June 2017 18.06:17

The one man nobody has mentioned from that great 70's side, Mel Sutton. He made Wrexhams midfield. No frills but he never wasted a ball and brought the best out of the flair players. You don't need a team of fancy Dans just a balance and he provided it.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.34:02.