RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is that it for signings? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110081-signings.html)

Superunknown 19th July 2017 20.19:28

Re: Is that it for signings?

It's a good signing. But not at the expense of a quality striker.

NedStarksGhost 19th July 2017 20.21:02

[QUOTE=Foxy;2051652]If we have spent five figures on a full back when we already have one, alarm bells will be ringing.[/QUOTE]

Considering it's a position we have struggled with for years and always look exposed there, I'd say it's a pretty good idea to get a quality right back in. I feel Dean will be wise with what he has and will have enough to bring in another striker.

Carrington isn't good enough as a right back. He's always been a makeshift right back.

dixienormous 19th July 2017 20.21:02

[QUOTE=Superunknown;2051664]It's a good signing. But not at the expense of a quality striker.[/QUOTE]

I'll be very pleased if we sign Roberts, presuming we'll be signing another striker.

Keyser Söze 19th July 2017 20.21:07

[QUOTE=Birdy;2051658]Not at all. It shows ambition (something you wanted the club to do) and even then it could be just £10k hardly a big sum is it.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree! Keates knows he needs another striker, I don't doubt that he will also address that.

WREX01 19th July 2017 20.30:38

10 assists last season !
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Birdy 19th July 2017 20.33:58

[QUOTE=WREX01;2051675]10 assists last season !
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Beware of the assists! Just look at Newton!

eggjinderbrummiedragon 19th July 2017 20.35:35

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2051662]Why la? Come on, we haven't got one at the club ffs. Carrington does a 'job' there and that's it, that's all he does wherever he is. Don't get me wrong he's a solid pro and a very useful squad player but that's it.

Jennings likes to attack down the left but Carrington is unable to get over the half way line without turning inside and slowing everything down. For me, we're crying out for a proper right sided fullback or the balance wont be right.

We also need another decent striker.[/QUOTE]

After seeing Hurst for the 1st time on Saturday i have to agree with you Dixie.

dixienormous 19th July 2017 20.41:00

[QUOTE=eggjinderbrummiedragon;2051682]After seeing Hurst for the 1st time on Saturday i have to agree with you Dixie.[/QUOTE]

Aye, Hurst doesn't look great at right back and Kelly is even worse as a left back. To be fair, I think Keates prefers him in midfield.

Carrington and Hurst will be great as cover though.

don1 19th July 2017 21.20:08

[QUOTE=johnstownred;2051641]Heard off a Halifax fan we've had a five figure sum accepted don't know how true it is :confused:[/QUOTE]

Living in Halifax myself, I've heard nothing concrete. Interest on our part, but I haven't been made aware by my Halifax supporting mates about an offer being accepted. I'd be happy with Roberts though.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.52:10.