RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Big Den rejects offer! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113023-big-den-rejects-offer.html)

Phils-an-alki 10th December 2018 11.03:06

Re: Big Den rejects offer!

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2205231]Barrow even says he would tell DL what to do, in jest. If it works it works but its very very strange.[/QUOTE]

I agree if it hasn't all been sorted and they're just waiting to announce it.

If they are still interviewing and haven't got their man yet it could restrict who they can get.

Alan Attack 10th December 2018 11.16:39

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2205233]Well, we're still in this league for starters, the right man takes us up in my opinion. And both of them couldn't wait to jump ship as soon as another carrot was dangled in front of them. So from that point of view were they the correct choice?[/QUOTE]

It’s bloody frustrating when they don’t see the job through. Both could have been but never gave themselves the chance.

However, who’s to say the next bloke won’t do the same...even Askey!

fezbob 10th December 2018 11.16:44

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2205227]Non negotiable for the new manager to not work with Barrow. Its the strangest scenario I can remember. I really think we need Barrow but non negotiable?

Sounds like we are telling the new Manager that hes not actually the boss, how does that work.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's signed and sealed then I just don't get it.

Barrow might be flavour of the month now after telling Ricketts what he thinks of him, but as well all know things can change very quickly at this club.

All it takes is a Davies-like run of bad results and his standing will take a hit.

Travis Bickle 10th December 2018 11.18:22

[QUOTE=Ipswich Red;2205234]Is this a case of Chinese whispers.? Did Den want £150K or...did the T&T football federation want £150K to allow him to sign?
I just can't see why Den would have applied knowing that he was going to be demanding that kind of wage. He knows we couldn't afford it.[/QUOTE]

How much is the Ricketts compo? Surly this ( if enough ) can be used as a signing fee for Big Den?

Superunknown 10th December 2018 11.21:13

[QUOTE=Travis Bickle;2205239]How much is the Ricketts compo? Surly this ( if enough ) can be used as a signing fee for Big Den?[/QUOTE]

You cant be serious surely? Compo rumoured to be about 80k. Even if it was 150k, what a waste of money that would be. 150k would be more than enough to bring in a proper striker who can actually find the net, why waste it on someone who is either demanding way too much for the level he'd be managing or a tinpot football federation trying to strong arm us?

Funny_Old_Game 10th December 2018 11.25:27

Barrow has only been here 5 months, I’m not sure why we are treating him as though he’s Joey Jones.

redone 10th December 2018 11.29:42

[QUOTE=Travis Bickle;2205239]How much is the Ricketts compo? Surly this ( if enough ) can be used as a signing fee for Big Den?[/QUOTE]

WHAT!!! nurse the screens

Wirral Red 10th December 2018 11.41:41

[QUOTE=Happy Larry;2204873]Apparently Den wants crazy money?[/QUOTE]

This whole thread started with this unsubstantiated statement.

Bryn Tirion 10th December 2018 11.43:40

[QUOTE=Wirral Red;2205250]This whole thread started with this unsubstantiated statement.[/QUOTE]

Standard.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.20:19.