RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Big Den rejects offer! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113023-big-den-rejects-offer.html)

Junior Shabadoo 10th December 2018 12.09:56

Re: Big Den rejects offer!

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2205244]Barrow has only been here 5 months, Iím not sure why we are treating him as though heís Joey Jones.[/QUOTE]

The internet, everyone. The club is trying to impose some order on this situation, not making Graham Barrow the King of Wrexham. You donít have to agree with the choice but this kind of hyperbole is just silly.

Corner Flag 10th December 2018 12.10:45

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2205244]Barrow has only been here 5 months, Iím not sure why we are treating him as though heís Joey Jones.[/QUOTE]

Barrow is highly experienced and a bloody good bloke. I expect Barrow will be used to mentor yet another rookie manager and that can't be a bad thing .

robiethered 10th December 2018 12.13:36

I was in favour in DL as our new manager, but not at 150,000. He's not worth that at all. Time for us to choose somebody else and move on.

Prodigal Dragon 10th December 2018 12.14:26

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2205265]Barrow is highly experienced and a bloody good bloke. I expect Barrow will be used to mentor yet another rookie manager and that can't be a bad thing .[/QUOTE]

Agree. Furthermore, our performances in the 2 games since Ricketts left have shown a marked improvement.

Phils-an-alki 10th December 2018 12.17:00

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2205261]Itís as correct a choice as you get in 2018. What Sam did (less so with Keates) was dirty but at some point we have to accept that this is the game now, all the way up to the top. Criticism of not taking us up barely applies in these instances given the timing of their departures. The sheer level of criticism aimed at both men for leaving shows you that both were right for the job.[/QUOTE]

Right for the job but walked as soon as the opportunity arose? Hmm, I get your point but I'm not so sure.
Not taking us up, in the context of who is the right choice is ultimately what we judge them on though isn't it?
Morrell took us closest but some folk on here seem to hate the guy more than Mills.

But Macc had Askey, Lincoln had the Cowleys, Luton had Still. I'd say they were the correct choice.

Prodigal Dragon 10th December 2018 12.18:09

[QUOTE=robiethered;2205266]I was in favour in DL as our new manager, but not at 150,000. He's not worth that at all. Time for us to choose somebody else and move on.[/QUOTE]

I agree that £150k for a WREXHAM manager in the National League would be silly money. However, we donít actually know that Lawrence has applied and, furthermore, if he has demanded £150k.

If someone wants to muddy the waters to put fans off an individual, what better tactic than to claim they are a money grabber?

Letís see what happens.;)

Phils-an-alki 10th December 2018 12.19:43

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2205264]The internet, everyone. The club is trying to impose some order on this situation, not making Graham Barrow the King of Wrexham. You donít have to agree with the choice but this kind of hyperbole is just silly.[/QUOTE]

No one said the club was, its some fans that are making him out to be king and in reality its based on very little.

Controversial I know but it was the same with Glen Little.

Hero status that was never earned.

fezbob 10th December 2018 12.21:39

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2205270]No one said the club was, its some fans that are making him out to be king and in reality its based on very little.

Controversial I know but [B]it was the same with Glen Little.[/B]

Hero status that was never earned.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]https://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/117/photos/200000/936x622/105200.jpg[/IMG]

Phils-an-alki 10th December 2018 12.22:17

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2205269]I agree that £150k for a WREXHAM manager in the National League would be silly money. However, we donít actually know that Lawrence has applied and, furthermore, if he has demanded £150k.

If someone wants to muddy the waters to put fans off an individual, what better tactic than to claim they are a money grabber?

Letís see what happens.;)[/QUOTE]

Or if some have agendas for a certain person to get the job here, continue to laud him and say "he's my choice" with little basis to that argument in comparison to other candidates.;)

Junior Shabadoo 10th December 2018 12.24:33

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2205268]Right for the job but walked as soon as the opportunity arose? Hmm, I get your point but I'm not so sure.
Not taking us up, in the context of who is the right choice is ultimately what we judge them on though isn't it?
Morrell took us closest but some folk on here seem to hate the guy more than Mills.

But Macc had Askey, Lincoln had the Cowleys, Luton had Still. I'd say they were the correct choice.[/QUOTE]

If they leave after three or four goes then that performance is questionable. Neither completing one makes it more muddy as both were on the right path.

There are a few Morrell haters but thereís no stopping that kind of idiocy; he ultimately wasnít good enough in the transfer market and it cost him his job after the first bad season. Anyone who loathes him for that should see a doctor.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.49:05.