RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Trust Board Vacancies (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113785-trust-board-vacancies.html)

Inside Left 21st April 2019 17.05:42

Re: Trust Board Vacancies

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2249640]Something positive would be a clear cut offer of the wst put the club (or atleast 51% of it up for sale).

We won’t go up via the play offs, the agm will be smoke and mirrors with the only real issues raised will be oh let’s make the club more exclusive as we are a community ran club. It’s boring now this whole seven years of trust ownership has been Terrible on the field quite possibly some of the worst players we have ever had. I have no faith in them at taking us forward, as it stalled in the first season of trust ownership.[/QUOTE]

Have you blanked out the years prior to trust ownership when the previous people in charge took the club to the brink of financial ruin - Only for the fans (not all Trusties) to bale the club out.

Inside Left 21st April 2019 17.08:02

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2249652]I thought the trust board and the club board were separate.

Do the trust pick the manager now then??!!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Some of them do . correct

Haruki 21st April 2019 17.22:39

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2249706]Does anyone know:-
1 Which WST board members are standing for re-election?
2 Which resolutions are being proposed by the Board and if they are likely to show a willingness to recognise dissatisfaction amongst the membership and desire for new blood on the WAFC board?[/QUOTE]

I wondered that so looked up who stood 3 years ago but it's confusing as only Mark Williams is a current board member so not sure who the four are

[url=http://www.wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/u-s/itemlist/category/301-wst-agm-2016-prospective-board-members-election-statements#]WST AGM 2016 - Prospective Board Members Election Statements[/url]

griff49 21st April 2019 17.42:29

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2249689]Sorry Alan I read your post and a few others (I got the feel that you genuinely asked why I am disconnected) so here it goes.

1. The wst bought the club to stabilise it - achieved that.
2. There is no plan it was buy the club clear the debts as quick as possible, it killed us off and that alone set us back years and anyone who says “you have to pay them” a deal or arrangement would of been set up prior to purchasing.
3. Constant talk of promotion when all it was ... talk.
4. Don and Horne leaving never addressed.
5. Replacing keates with Davies, then the following year replace the manager twice flip up the January transfer window and the whole cock up of this year.

Personally all of those who have been heavily involved have such egos if they care about the club ie Spencer now is the time for them to back off, it’s actually the incompetence that’s keeping us in this League.

The only people in my eyes who love this community club idea aren’t seeing we aren’t ran any different than if it were one owner.[/QUOTE]

Which owner would you like ? A return to the owner who ran us into the ground.
The many chancers who don't have the funds but have delusions of grandeur.orwe could could ask the Oystons , or the owners of Bolton orNotts County or ata lower level Ebbsfleet . Let's get real we have a good model , and the best chance of progressing foursome years. Sadly. For some it's never good enough and instead of working hard we try and buy ourselves out of trouble .
As for the managers none can really blame Keates and Ricketts , and as for Barrow remember the views on here after the Salford win!!
It strikes me ( and I don't live locally but have supported for 60 years !) that there is a lot of petty jealousy and why don't the critics GET involved and try to change what you don't like!

Red Light 21st April 2019 17.42:57

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2249710]Have you blanked out the years prior to trust ownership when the previous people in charge took the club to the brink of financial ruin - Only for the fans (not all Trusties) to bale the club out.[/QUOTE]

Some supporters, it would appear have very short memories indeed - least we ever forget.

Better to have a club to support in the National League than no club at all.

If Hamilton had got his way the pitch could now be a retail park - doesn't bear thinking about.

We need to retain control 'for ever' and never go down that road again.

chef1 21st April 2019 18.10:59

Are they allowed to say whose not up for re-election if 4 vacancy’s exist?

John Neals Dynasty 21st April 2019 18.11:05

[QUOTE=Red Light;2249719]Some supporters, it would appear have very short memories indeed - least we ever forget.

If Hamilton had got his way the pitch could now be a retail park - doesn't bear thinking about.

We need to retain control 'for ever' and never go down that road again.[/QUOTE]

This post in a nutshell is why we're the longest National league club and why clubs like Tranmere Leyton only stay down here a season.

Happy to stay in the National league until we have gates like clubs we call tinpot because without ambition a football club if nothing especially when leaving winning aside the football on display would of been classed as a pub league yrs ago.

I hear your point but Hamilton is long gone and not every private owner is a Crook else every club in the leagues above would be bust.

Ask yourself why Blackpool, Bolton, Notts County don't say sod this let the trust run the club? Why haven't Chesterfield done it? They will probably be up there next season.

Never let the past rule your life just don't be afraid and learn from mistakes.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Birdy 21st April 2019 18.15:42

[QUOTE=Red Light;2249719]Some supporters, it would appear have very short memories indeed - least we ever forget.

Scarred for life.

Vorporix 21st April 2019 18.25:00

[QUOTE=pagl;2249667]Given all the trust diehards on here you would expect a queue of nominees to stretch down Crispin Lane :)[/QUOTE]

I can imagine the list of those interested in buying the club would be the same length :)

davewilli 21st April 2019 18.25:07

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2249710]Have you blanked out the years prior to trust ownership when the previous people in charge took the club to the brink of financial ruin - Only for the fans (not all Trusties) to bale the club out.[/QUOTE]

I think many have forgotten; the club in administration, massively in debt, haemeraging money hand over fist and losing its assets. The Trust may have taken a bit of time to pay off the debts, stabilise then turn things round financially but the last 2 seasons despite 2 managers upping sticks mid season progress has been made on the pitch.

Now is not the time to lose our bottle and give up on the Trust, or bail out as some are threatening, now is the time to see things through and fair play overall attendances have improved on the back of the team's winning form. We have been desperate for a shot at the play offs for the last 5 years and now we have that chance, we should embrace it.

t1954 21st April 2019 18.31:56

If your second paragraph is a reflection of the ambition of the majority for our club, we died in 2011 when the Trust took over. God forbid.

WREX777 21st April 2019 19.08:24

I remember the Second World War. Those damm Germans.

Thank goodness for Churchill.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 21st April 2019 19.27:47

[QUOTE=davewilli;2249729]I think many have forgotten; the club in administration, massively in debt, haemeraging money hand over fist and losing its assets. The Trust may have taken a bit of time to pay off the debts, stabilise then turn things round financially but the last 2 seasons despite 2 managers upping sticks mid season progress has been made on the pitch.

Now is not the time to lose our bottle and give up on the Trust, or bail out as some are threatening, now is the time to see things through and fair play overall attendances have improved on the back of the team's winning form. We have been desperate for a shot at the play offs for the last 5 years and now we have that chance, we should embrace it.[/QUOTE]

Some forget a big portion of the trust okayed the splitting of assets despite the reservations of some trust members. Those with the reservation continuosly hammered a wedge between the WST and Moss & Roberts.

They also forget the WST approached local business owners ( their only preference) to takeover the club landing us with Moss & Dickens.

Never a hint of remorse with how things panned out - pointing out how much income we'd make if it all went to plan instead- and always airbrushed out of our history, but as I was told, 'that's life'.

Still fighting fires today, with some involved still involved to this day and still showing no remorse what so ever for any of the most recent events.

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 19.44:07

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249738]Some forget a big portion of the trust okayed the splitting of assets despite the reservations of some trust members. Those with the reservation continuosly hammered a wedge between the WST and Moss & Roberts.

[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate on this please. Did the Trust “ok” this before or after they took ownership of the club? If it was before, what power did the trust have to “ok” it? Did Moss and Roberts need the trust to “ok” it.

Genuinely interested.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 21st April 2019 20.20:31

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249741]Can you elaborate on this please. Did the Trust “ok” this before or after they took ownership of the club? If it was before, what power did the trust have to “ok” it? Did Moss and Roberts need the trust to “ok” it.

Genuinely interested.[/QUOTE]

They backed it at a time when trying to get a stake, certainly some representaion on the board. I'm sure it was said at the time things could be done to stop the whole thing.

They need the fans blessing, otherwise protests like seen at Blackpool.

It was the WST who backed and invited them to make a bid in the first place.

They had the WST's blessing.

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 20.44:20

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249747]They backed it at a time when trying to get a stake, certainly some representaion on the board. I'm sure it was said at the time things could be done to stop the whole thing.

They need the fans blessing, otherwise protests like seen at Blackpool.

It was the WST who backed and invited them to make a bid in the first place.

They had the WST's blessing.[/QUOTE]

What would’ve happened if the WST hadn’t backed splitting the assets? Would moss had kept the assets as one? Let’s remember the assets belonged to Moss/Dickens, not the WST.

When you say the Trust backed and invited them (Moss/Dickens) to make a bid. So what? Who were the trust then? They were a fledgling fans group with about £300k in cash. £300k which moss tried his utmost to prize away.

The trust backed Moss and Dickens (latterly Roberts). On the face of it, it was entirely the right move (what was the alternative?). Local businessmen who seemingly had the football club’s interest at heart. Had things happened differently, it might have worked out but Saunders never got results with the car park money.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 21st April 2019 20.56:44

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249752]What would’ve happened if the WST hadn’t backed splitting the assets? Would moss had kept the assets as one? Let’s remember the assets belonged to Moss/Dickens, not the WST.

When you say the Trust backed and invited them (Moss/Dickens) to make a bid. So what? Who were the trust then? They were a fledgling fans group with about £300k in cash. £300k which moss tried his utmost to prize away.

The trust backed Moss and Dickens (latterly Roberts). On the face of it, it was entirely the right move (what was the alternative?). Local businessmen who seemingly had the football club’s interest at heart. Had things happened differently, it might have worked out but Saunders never got results with the car park money.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt the flats would've been built, nobody crosses Wrexham fans and even if the land sold many developers wouldn't touch it with a barge poll knowing the strength of feelings.

So what? Preferring only local business owners chasing of anyone from out of town, who knows somebody more viable may have been waiting in the wings and thought ' f*ck that'.

The WST were told by prominent members not to trust Moss in particular at all, they didn't listen and jumped into bed with him.

Inside Left 21st April 2019 21.01:03

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2249725]This post in a nutshell is why we're the longest National league club and why clubs like Tranmere Leyton only stay down here a season.

Happy to stay in the National league until we have gates like clubs we call tinpot because without ambition a football club if nothing especially when leaving winning aside the football on display would of been classed as a pub league yrs ago.

I hear your point but Hamilton is long gone and not every private owner is a Crook else every club in the leagues above would be bust.

Ask yourself why Blackpool, Bolton, Notts County don't say sod this let the trust run the club? Why haven't Chesterfield done it? They will probably be up there next season.

You mention Notts County. There is an interesting lesson in Trust run ownership.

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 21.25:17

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249754]I highly doubt the flats would've been built, nobody crosses Wrexham fans and even if the land sold many developers wouldn't touch it with a barge poll knowing the strength of feelings.

So what? Preferring only local business owners chasing of anyone from out of town, who knows somebody more viable may have been waiting in the wings and thought ' f*ck that'.

The WST were told by prominent members not to trust Moss in particular at all, they didn't listen and jumped into bed with him.[/QUOTE]

You make out the Trust decided to sell to Moss.

My understanding (and I’m dredging my memory here) is there were limited interested parties in purchasing Wrexham FC and the trust backed Geoff Moss and Neville Dickens. You say the trust were warned, I’ll have to take your word for that because I can bet that you cannot provide any evidence to that effect.

You seem to attach significant weight to the trust before they owned the club. Again, I am recalling things from some 10 years ago, however, the trust weren't what they are now in terms of numbers and assets.

If the trust did back Moss and Dickens, it didn’t really carry much in the years to follow as they were continually at each others throats and Moss was forever trying to get the 300k which the trust had.

wafc1926 21st April 2019 21.35:24

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2249706]Does anyone know:-
1 Which WST board members are standing for re-election?
2 Which resolutions are being proposed by the Board and if they are likely to show a willingness to recognise dissatisfaction amongst the membership and desire for new blood on the WAFC board?[/QUOTE]
There are several regular posters on here who appear to be spokesmen for WST when there is any criticism of the way the Trust/Club is run. Can one of them answer my questions please?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 21st April 2019 21.40:53

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249758]You make out the Trust decided to sell to Moss.

My understanding (and I’m dredging my memory here) is there were limited interested parties in purchasing Wrexham FC and the trust backed Geoff Moss and Neville Dickens. You say the trust were warned, I’ll have to take your word for that because I can bet that you cannot provide any evidence to that effect.

You seem to attach significant weight to the trust before they owned the club. Again, I am recalling things from some 10 years ago, however, the trust weren't what they are now in terms of numbers and assets.

If the trust did back Moss and Dickens, it didn’t really carry much in the years to follow as they were continually at each others throats and Moss was forever trying to get the 300k which the trust had.[/QUOTE]

The WST preferred local only and chased off anyone else. Fans camped outside a perspective buyers home until he pulled out because he want local.

When I say trust warned on Moss, it's in relation to splitting assets, by some within the WST hence me saying they kept driving in a wedge between both sides complicating things further.

Of course they backed them, they invited them to make a bid, backed their ownership bid and splitting of assets, don't try to rewrite history.

You don't believe they couldn't have done a leveraged buyout? It was the WST who dreamt up what became Wrexham Village, throw in the income generated from the membership plus flats and it seems feasible to me.

I don't make out anything either, but you're a fan of using such tactics when things get uncomfortable.

Also ask yourself why Dickens left around 18 months after the takeover like he promised his consortium would, expect Moss never did not put the shares up for sale. Tells you all you need to know about Moss and if I remember correctly that was before the assets were split, yet it was still backed.

eosceiriog 21st April 2019 21.49:10

There is no better advert for radical change. Leaving the club in the National League has not saved it.

It is no use looking backwards at this through the rear end. The debate really needs a forward looking approach. The past is relevant but only to the history books. What matters is where we go to from here. Currently the situation is rudderless.

Jaded 21st April 2019 21.56:52

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249762]The WST preferred local only and chased off anyone else. Fans camped outside a perspective buyers home until he pulled out because he want local.[/QUOTE]

While I tend to agree with some of the comments you’re making regarding Moss, am I right in thinking you’re referring here to Colin Poole, who went bankrupt a few years ago owing £22 million?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 21st April 2019 22.01:19

[QUOTE=Jaded;2249765]While I tend to agree with some of the comments you’re making regarding Moss, am I right in thinking you’re referring here to Colin Poole, who went bankrupt a few years ago owing £22 million?[/QUOTE]

No, I think Poole was when the WST were looking to buy. The one I'm thinking of was southern based.

pjwales 21st April 2019 22.10:16

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249766]No, I think Poole was when the WST were looking to buy. The one I'm thinking of was southern based.
Swampy and we marched through Woking as he had offices there.

blackbrookred 21st April 2019 22.11:20

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249766]No, I think Poole was when the WST were looking to buy. The one I'm thinking of was southern based.[/QUOTE]

Cleeve?

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 22.13:38

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249762]The WST preferred local only and chased off anyone else. Fans camped outside a perspective buyers home until he pulled out because he want local.

When I say trust warned on Moss, it's in relation to splitting assets, by some within the WST hence me saying they kept driving in a wedge between both sides complicating things further.

Of course they backed them, they invited them to make a bid, backed their ownership bid and splitting of assets, don't try to rewrite history.

You don't believe they couldn't have done a leveraged buyout? It was the WST who dreamt up what became Wrexham Village, throw in the income generated from the membership plus flats and it seems feasible to me.

I don't make out anything either, but you're a fan of using such tactics when things get uncomfortable.

Also ask yourself why Dickens left around 18 months after the takeover like he promised his consortium would, expect Moss never did not put the shares up for sale. Tells you all you need to know about Moss and if I remember correctly that was before the assets were split, yet it was still backed.[/QUOTE]

Firstly, things are not uncomfortable for me. I am entirely happy with the ownership of my football club. You’re not and that’s your problem.

The Trust were never in a position to buy the club when it had land. When it was [I]just[/I] a football club leveraged in debt could the trust take over.

If what you say about the trust supporting the Wrexham village model ownership, this could have only have been for the benefit of the football club. We can all talk in hindsight but in my opinion, once Wrexham village was created, it’s significantly diminished Wrexham football club.

Perhaps something we can seemingly agree on is the type of person Geoff Moss is/was whilst at Wrexham football club. My principal memories of his tenure were:

a) loans against assets (land);
b) trying to get hold of the Trust’s £300k; and
c) not selling shares to the Trust.

eosceiriog 21st April 2019 22.21:32

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2249763]There is no better advert for radical change. Leaving the club in the National League has not saved it.

It is no use looking backwards at this through the rear end. The debate really needs a forward looking approach. The past is relevant but only to the history books. What matters is where we go to from here. Currently the situation is rudderless.[/QUOTE]

That is unlikely to change in the near future.

Increasingly many and perhaps most fans are aware the current WST stranglehold is "for ever"and hence the apparent increase in apathy.

For ever = no change. Actually things will change, drifting like a cork in the sea. Far better to embrace it proactively. Actually the high risk strategy is no change at all ever.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 21st April 2019 22.25:08

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249769]Firstly, things are not uncomfortable for me. I am entirely happy with the ownership of my football club. You’re not and that’s your problem.

The Trust were never in a position to buy the club when it had land. When it was [I]just[/I] a football club leveraged in debt could the trust take over.

If what you say about the trust supporting the Wrexham village model ownership, this could have only have been for the benefit of the football club. We can all talk in hindsight but in my opinion, once Wrexham village was created, it’s significantly diminished Wrexham football club.

Perhaps something we can seemingly agree on is the type of person Geoff Moss is/was whilst at Wrexham football club. My principal memories of his tenure were:

a) loans against assets (land);
b) trying to get hold of the Trust’s £300k; and
c) not selling shares to the Trust.[/QUOTE]

They backed it while knowing what a crook Moss was, the WST meeting about the proposal was little more than two groups of people crowing at each other pretending to be hard. While getting distracted from the real issue and finding a way forward.

So the trust couldn't have done a leveraged buyout like the Glazers famously did? I think they could've.

Nothing but blind faith in those running things back then and some currently still are, little wonder were in the mess we are now.

A rod made for our own backs being far too militant for fear of redevelopers, yet jumped into bed with one anyway.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 21st April 2019 22.27:41

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2249768]Cleeve?[/QUOTE]

One of them tried to buy Plymouth, Cleeve tried buying from Moss & Roberts.

crazywelsh 21st April 2019 22.28:40

[QUOTE=davewilli;2249729]I think many have forgotten; the club in administration, massively in debt, haemeraging money hand over fist and losing its assets. The Trust may have taken a bit of time to pay off the debts, stabilise then turn things round financially but the last 2 seasons despite 2 managers upping sticks mid season progress has been made on the pitch.

Now is not the time to lose our bottle and give up on the Trust, or bail out as some are threatening, now is the time to see things through and fair play overall attendances have improved on the back of the team's winning form. We have been desperate for a shot at the play offs for the last 5 years and now we have that chance, we should embrace it.[/QUOTE]

We won’t win in the playoffs this team isn’t good enough.

crazywelsh 21st April 2019 22.32:43

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249766]No, I think Poole was when the WST were looking to buy. The one I'm thinking of was southern based.[/QUOTE]

Andy Smith if I remember correctly. Nothing came of it I’m sure he didn’t really have £££

Just found this now
[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/4120020.stm[/url]

crazywelsh 21st April 2019 22.40:43

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249707]Sorry, I’ll re-type that. Too much sun!

What if those on the board were people you know, trusted, and respected?[/QUOTE]

It’s a no from me it hasn’t worked, we’ve become baron scared of any outside help and no club in the uk has done well being owned by the fans. Swansea were owned my multiple groups with the lowest cut being the fans.

People make points such as attendance it’s not really improved signings, people claim we are spending more on the playing budget but are the wages higher or lower but other costs have gone up because who remembers that very question being asked at a meeting and a politicians answer was given. We ran a build the budget and they just incorporated that money into the running costs rather than add it onto a wage for s striker so we don’t sign poor players.

Honestly after the Barrow fiasco the poor run that followed it’s all on a board of directors who couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. Because they probably shouldn’t even be on the board of a football club, they may have the clubs best interests at heart but they are keeping us here.

ewloered 21st April 2019 22.41:48

[QUOTE=pagl;2249667]Given all the trust diehards on here you would expect a queue of nominees to stretch down Crispin Lane :)[/QUOTE]

Or the opposite to your remark, plenty of moaners on here queueing up to get on the board. Looking forward to the take over

Quay Red 21st April 2019 22.48:17

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249773]They backed it while knowing what a crook Moss was, the WST meeting about the proposal was little more than two groups of people crowing at each other pretending to be hard. While getting distracted from the real issue and finding a way forward.

So the trust couldn't have done a leveraged buyout like the Glazers famously did? I think they could've.

Nothing but blind faith in those running things back then and some currently still are, little wonder were in the mess we are now.

A rod made for our own backs being far too militant for fear of redevelopers, yet jumped into bed with one anyway.[/QUOTE]

Time does cloud the memory but I thought it was down to the administrator trying to get the best deal for the creditors.
Moss / Dickens were able with support to find a sum of around £2million. (Some borrowed from Steve Morgan) The WST couldn't match that and had proposed to use the money from the flats development to pay the debts.
The administrator wanted the best deal up front and the trust were left in no position to argue. They went along with the deal rather than backing it.

ewloered 21st April 2019 22.52:25

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2249725]This post in a nutshell is why we're the longest National league club and why clubs like Tranmere Leyton only stay down here a season.

Ask yourself why Blackpool, Bolton, Notts County don't say sod this let the trust run the club? Why haven't Chesterfield done it? They will probably be up there next season.t

Yes I bet Bolton , Blackpool and Notts County just love the way their clubs have been screwed over, have they had any choice between trust or private ownership? And once again like I’ve ask on here many times please give me an alternative ?

crazywelsh 21st April 2019 22.57:22

[QUOTE=ewloered;2249781]Yes I bet Bolton , Blackpool and Notts County just love the way their clubs have been screwed over, have they had any choice between trust or private ownership? And once again like I’ve ask on here many times please give me an alternative ?[/QUOTE]

The trust should put it up for sale and see if they can either sell or bring people on board preferably I’d like to see us split the club in 4.

ewloered 21st April 2019 23.06:25

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2249784]The trust should put it up for sale and see if they can either sell or bring people on board preferably I’d like to see us split the club in 4.[/QUOTE]

Split the club in 4?

pagl 22nd April 2019 03.45:16

[QUOTE=ewloered;2249779]Or the opposite to your remark, plenty of moaners on here queueing up to get on the board. Looking forward to the take over[/QUOTE]

Goes against what people are saying on here though. WST best run by true fans, if you moan your not a fan. All the WST die hards would be enough bodies to run it more efficiently.

Alan Attack 22nd April 2019 06.37:16

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249773]They backed it while knowing what a crook Moss was, the WST meeting about the proposal was little more than two groups of people crowing at each other pretending to be hard. While getting distracted from the real issue and finding a way forward.

[B]So the trust couldn't have done a leveraged buyout like the Glazers famously did? I think they could've.[/B]

A rod made for our own backs being far too militant for fear of redevelopers, yet jumped into bed with one anyway.[/QUOTE]

That's quite a remarkable comparison. WST could have bought Wrexham on the same basis multi billionaire family the Glazers bought Man Utd. It’s like saying any of us with a house worth 3-400k which is mostly paid off could also have bought Wrexham.

Anyway, what was the evidence that Moss was not trustworthy some 10 years ago?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.23:58.