RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Trust Board Vacancies (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113785-trust-board-vacancies.html)

pagl 22nd April 2019 07.08:44

Re: Trust Board Vacancies

[QUOTE=davewilli;2249729]I think many have forgotten; the club in administration, massively in debt, haemeraging money hand over fist and losing its assets. The Trust may have taken a bit of time to pay off the debts, stabilise then turn things round financially but the last 2 seasons despite 2 managers upping sticks mid season progress has been made on the pitch.
[/QUOTE]

From memory we paid off the debts in the first year from FAT and play off money. Even though we had a 5 year plan to do it. This was at the cost of investing in the team and the famous cutting of budget for AM.

No-one doubts the board manage the finances brilliantly, its decisions around on field it goes pear shaped. Always advocate credit where its due but there are selective memories in some cases.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 07.19:40

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249795]That's quite a remarkable comparison. WST could have bought Wrexham on the same basis multi billionaire family the Glazers bought Man Utd. It’s like saying any of us with a house worth 3-400k which is mostly paid off could also have bought Wrexham.

Anyway, what was the evidence that Moss was not trustworthy some 10 years ago?[/QUOTE]

How, they purchased through a series of loans and barely put a penny of their own money in. Indeed you could if you found people to back it, the Glazers haven't put a penny in, well North £1 billion taken out of the club. Still oddly you think the WST weren't capable of this, in order to recoup the money they could sell shares to the fans. This is what Dickens' consortium which included Moss were meant to do, Dickens stood down after around 18 months as promised, Moss didn't, those shares were never offered to the fans as promised, evidence enough that he wasn't trustworthy.

Alan Attack 22nd April 2019 07.23:39

[QUOTE=pagl;2249796]From memory we paid off the debts in the first year from FAT and play off money. Even though we had a 5 year plan to do it. This was at the cost of investing in the team and the famous cutting of budget for AM.

[B]No-one doubts the board manage the finances brilliantly, its decisions around on field it goes pear shaped.[/B] Always advocate credit where its due but there are selective memories in some cases.[/QUOTE]

That’s a fair enough comment and the most sense you’ve written in months!!

With regards to our on-field fortunes, we’ve not been helped with managers who’ve jumped ship. Maybe we could have paid them accordingly.

One of the head scratching occurrences this season (noted by pagl too) is the sheer volume of loan players. There must have been a strategic decision to get in as many as we can to bolster the squad. If we’ve been paying all their wages over the term then it was a poor decision because only a few have been any real value to us.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 07.24:34

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2249780]Time does cloud the memory but I thought it was down to the administrator trying to get the best deal for the creditors.
Moss / Dickens were able with support to find a sum of around £2million. (Some borrowed from Steve Morgan) The WST couldn't match that and had proposed to use the money from the flats development to pay the debts.
The administrator wanted the best deal up front and the trust were left in no position to argue. They went along with the deal rather than backing it.[/QUOTE]

No, they backed it.

Delighted fans rose to their feet and clapped and cheered at the news.

Wrexham Supporters' Trust spokesman Simon Johnson said it was vital the club was sold to the right person.

"The Supporters' Trust is looking forward to working with Neville Dickens and Geoff Moss," he said. "They both have good links with the club and are doing this for the right reasons. Everybody else has been interested in the land, these people are interested in the club itself."

[url]https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/dickens-in-wrexham-buy-out-2897734.amp[/url]

Alan Attack 22nd April 2019 07.30:22

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249799]How, they purchased through a series of loans and barely put a penny of their own money in. Indeed you could if you found people to back it, the Glazers haven't put a penny in, well North £1 billion taken out of the club. Still oddly you think the WST weren't capable of this, in order to recoup the money they could sell shares to the fans. This is what Dickens' consortium which included Moss were meant to do, Dickens stood down after around 18 months as promised, Moss didn't, those shares were never offered to the fans as promised, evidence enough that he wasn't trustworthy.[/QUOTE]

The idea you can compare the Trust of 10 years ago with the Glazers is simply laughable. I have no doubt you’re correct that the Glazers barely put a penny of their own in to buy Utd however, they had avenues for such credit including other sports teams and businesses. What did the Trust have 10 years ago?

10 years ago, how could the Trust have raised the capital similar to that of the [I]consortium[/I]?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 07.42:19

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249803]The idea you can compare the Trust of 10 years ago with the Glazers is simply laughable. I have no doubt you’re correct that the Glazers barely put a penny of their own in to buy Utd however, they had avenues for such credit including other sports teams and businesses. What did the Trust have 10 years ago?

10 years ago, how could the Trust have raised the capital similar to that of the [I]consortium[/I]?[/QUOTE]

Manchester United are a separate entity to the other businesses, if they go under other businesses are fine. The Glazers shopping centres business went bang during the recession, didn't impact anything else.

Asking fans, those fans who raised the bond when the club faced exile, while they sat on their hands. Loans are also possible secured against assets too.

Another bit of our recent history that likes to be forgotten. RP treated with complete disdain by the WST is laughable if exiled we'd be lower than we are now or playing in the Welsh Premier League, no way it'd have survived and absolutely no way Moss would've sold up. He'd have got his money and then some through the assets.

crazywelsh 22nd April 2019 07.56:46

[QUOTE=pagl;2249796]From memory we paid off the debts in the first year from FAT and play off money. Even though we had a 5 year plan to do it. This was at the cost of investing in the team and the famous cutting of budget for AM.

No-one doubts the board manage the finances brilliantly, its decisions around on field it goes pear shaped. Always advocate credit where its due but there are selective memories in some cases.[/QUOTE]

This is my exact point PAGL I believe the inexperienced board panicked as none had ran a business and payed off all the debts with our money and made cut backs. We suffered massively when there would have been a plan outlined in the purchase of the club, I think that’s why don said we had a war chest then after that comment all debts were announced as paid.

Before anyone says you pay people you owe all we had to do was structure a payment plan, which would of been in place anyway and offset the debt invest the money from FAT in the team and the play off money as that’s exactly what Luton did. Get out of the league use the title winning to clear the remaining debt not set us on a 5 year journey of mid table finishes with bakare playing upfront whilst claiming to be a promotion chasing team.

crazywelsh 22nd April 2019 08.02:10

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249795]That's quite a remarkable comparison. WST could have bought Wrexham on the same basis multi billionaire family the Glazers bought Man Utd. It’s like saying any of us with a house worth 3-400k which is mostly paid off could also have bought Wrexham.

Anyway, what was the evidence that Moss was not trustworthy some 10 years ago?[/QUOTE]

I don’t think moss knew what he was getting into, he probably loved the ego aspect brought a football club and rugby team together and didn’t realise Lord sugar was right it destroys your bank balance he sold Spurs for 200million more than the purchase price and lost money! Regardless of what they did in terms of assets I guarantee he lost money over getting involved with us. It’s when they start loosing money usually they loan the club money, they would of had to put the money upfront to buy the club so they were down before anything else.

Alan Attack 22nd April 2019 08.02:38

Raising a bond is one thing. Raising actual capital is something entirely different. 99% of supporters are happy enough (or can only afford) to pay for admission and not tens of thousands owning a fraction of the club.

It wouldn’t have gone down well in my household if I’d said was going to get a loan for (say) £50k to help buy Wrexham. I might’ve been sitting pretty with the student flats but that’s not the point.

davewilli 22nd April 2019 08.14:28

Pagl

Correct me if I'm wrong but what I've seen in the public domain and know of it.

The Trust (Club/us fans - all the samething) paid off the historic debts quicker than anticipated, but the club were still losing money in lots of areas and then were faced with another black hole of having to take back the Racecourse lease. This was at the same time trying to keep our first team budget competitive, which had already fallen behind others in our league. Again this debt and additional expenditure was not riginally budgetted for but we seem to have coped and the club has stayed debt free whilst increasing the first team budget. Yes we have had some windfalls in sell ons, despite as a NL team we are not in a position to keep the cream from the CoE and these sell ons are again in the main down to the club being run more professionally. We have a good tv fee for the Newport game but I'm not sure your profit margin on this season's fa cup is wholy accurate. Either way if we had not been fans owned and had a private owner, I doubt we would be debt free massively in his/her debt or their company.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 08.17:52

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249810]Raising a bond is one thing. Raising actual capital is something entirely different. 99% of supporters are happy enough (or can only afford) to pay for admission and not tens of thousands owning a fraction of the club.

It wouldn’t have gone down well in my household if I’d said was going to get a loan for (say) £50k to help buy Wrexham. I might’ve been sitting pretty with the student flats but that’s not the point.[/QUOTE]

We've got a core of around 5k of very loyal supports, selling shares at £100 each raises half a million. Also absolutely no guarantees that bond would ever be payed back either.

'Proper fans' as some WST members put it would've remortgaged their homes anyway

davewilli 22nd April 2019 08.24:13

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249814]We've got a core of around 5k of very loyal supports, selling shares at £100 each raises half a million. Also absolutely no guarantees that bond would ever be payed back either.

'Proper fans' as some WST members put it would've remortgaged their homes anyway[/QUOTE]

Maybe but we can't get those 5K hard core fans let alone the other 3 or 4K who will be at the Racecourse in 2 weeks time to pay £1per month club membership currently.

Junior Shabadoo 22nd April 2019 08.26:19

"As a society we have made the decision to submit to the market, to say pretty much anyone can own pretty much anything, the only regulating forces demand, supply and finance. This argument says football clubs are not in any real sense community assets (communities themselves are old hat) but commodities like anything else. To complain that we’re not happy unregulated markets attract both desirable investors and incompetent chancers is a bit like leaving the doors and windows open and then bursting into tears when someone walks off with your television. "

Barney Ronay on Aston Villa three years ago. Still true. I think we can do better than that by making what we’ve got better. If you disagree then your opportunity is coming around again to get a sale discussed. You can’t afford to flinch at that suggestion just because you want someone else (ie the current board) to just wake up one day and think “hmmm, maybe this just isn’t good enough and we need to sell” because it’s not going to happen (especially as we’re solvent and in the playoffs - a dictionary definition of doing ok). Someone else has to sell a different vision to the members or we’re just going to be reading more of this for another 12 months.

And before any of the usual gobs jump in, that doesn’t equal “stand for the board or you can’t comment” but when it comes to movement on what model we go with you aren’t going to change a thing by crossing your fingers and posting on here. You have to use the democracy.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 08.38:45

[QUOTE=davewilli;2249818]Maybe but we can't get those 5K hard core fans let alone the other 3 or 4K who will be at the Racecourse in 2 weeks time to pay £1per month club membership currently.[/QUOTE]

Does that point to bigger problems, that many are dissatisfied at the moment with how things are.

If it came down to it, I reckon it could be done. The WST and some of t's members stood by last time, yet the cash needed was still raised.

Anyway, with all this recent information about the youth sides after being quiet for years, the sceptic in me says were due some news about it very soon. The artillery are all being positioned and this started as it looked like we could slip out of the play offs.

GarryOggy 22nd April 2019 08.43:20

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249814]
'Proper fans' as some WST members put it would've remortgaged their homes anyway[/QUOTE]

Absolute garbage. Point out where someone has said that.

Inside Left 22nd April 2019 08.45:22

Whats all this slip out of the playoffs malarkey?
Its such an awful league with awful players its highly likely that 'The Town' will creep up to the Football League.
Onwards and upwards !!

Junior Shabadoo 22nd April 2019 08.56:42

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249824]Does that point to bigger problems, that many are dissatisfied at the moment with how things are.[/QUOTE]

The truth is more prosaic than that, that the silent majority aren’t worrying their heads about any of this. They might grumble a bit to each other after a defeat but aside from that just pay their subs to get a cheaper season ticket and leave it there for 12 months. There’s no greater measure of satisfaction or otherwise than how many people are coming to games, and this is as healthy as it has been in my time watching the team. All the other hand wringing happens online but otherwise doesn’t affect anything.

pagl 22nd April 2019 09.05:32

[QUOTE=davewilli;2249818]Maybe but we can't get those 5K hard core fans let alone the other 3 or 4K who will be at the Racecourse in 2 weeks time to pay £1per month club membership currently.[/QUOTE]

Its a puzzle. Growing membership has to be one of our main priorities (maybe Strategy 2021 can be started). To do this we have to improve communication.
Fans do want to see a sense of purpose for their money. I know a lot of members (me included) pay more than the £1 the month and I have suggested ideas on improvements but as I have been told the WST know better than me so hopefully they can improve this with their greater skills.
Selling ‘shares’ or whatever its called does open up a private investor debate so maybe we should be looking to improve different areas first, generate more financial stability and then improve again.

I see the changes and improvements starting at WAFC board but I know many will disagree.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 09.08:52

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2249825]Absolute garbage. Point out where someone has said that.[/QUOTE]

Where do I say it was said? Anyone having their say is deemed not to be a 'proper fan', so the proper ones if the WST was asking for money wouldn't think twice about remortgaging.

Some did other their homes as collateral when the WST sat on it's hands though, no idea if they were members or not mind.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 09.20:22

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2249830]The truth is more prosaic than that, that the silent majority aren’t worrying their heads about any of this. They might grumble a bit to each other after a defeat but aside from that just pay their subs to get a cheaper season ticket and leave it there for 12 months. There’s no greater measure of satisfaction or otherwise than how many people are coming to games, and this is as healthy as it has been in my time watching the team. All the other hand wringing happens online but otherwise doesn’t affect anything.[/QUOTE]

Many memberships have lapsed, no gentle reminders, others aren't renewing or won't be rejoing until they see improvement.
We can't and this is the point many keep making afford not to grow all revenue streams.

It may be possible under FIFA rules to give ourselves more protection for the CoE, nothings been mentioned on that and I highly doubt it's been looked into. A board member is on this forum often enough to have seen it mentioned. Again another area where some investment in time at least is needed to generate greater returns, players graduating to the first team.

Signing players on loan, mostly unfit and expecting them to slot in right away with no game time, again some time spent arranging some friendlies would, even against Lex Glyndwr midweek is better than nothing. The youth sides get games through simply asking on twitter.

We simply don't invest in ourselves enough, and it's showing now.

Haven't attendances dropped recently too?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 09.21:24

[QUOTE=pagl;2249832]Its a puzzle. Growing membership has to be one of our main priorities (maybe Strategy 2021 can be started). To do this we have to improve communication.
Fans do want to see a sense of purpose for their money. I know a lot of members (me included) pay more than the £1 the month and I have suggested ideas on improvements but as I have been told the WST know better than me so hopefully they can improve this with their greater skills.
Selling ‘shares’ or whatever its called does open up a private investor debate so maybe we should be looking to improve different areas first, generate more financial stability and then improve again.

I see the changes and improvements starting at WAFC board but I know many will disagree.[/QUOTE]

Interesting that shares haven't even been offered to fans to raise the capital to help get out the league, the club could buy them back gradually over many years.

A fan could potentially sit on the Football board, but that may ruffle too many feathers and I doubt they'd like that. Or a consortium of fans with them electing one of the consortium to sit on the board.

ewloered 22nd April 2019 09.29:24

[QUOTE=pagl;2249832]Its a puzzle. Growing membership has to be one of our main priorities (maybe Strategy 2021 can be started). To do this we have to improve communication.

I see the changes and improvements starting at WAFC board but I know many will disagree.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree that there should a reorganisation of the club board. They’ve done an excellent on the finances but have showed their lack of experience regarding football matters, especially in the last 12 months. I’d like to see a DOF appointed ( possibly Flynn) to run the football side.

Junior Shabadoo 22nd April 2019 09.33:04

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249837]Many memberships have lapsed, no gentle reminders, others aren't renewing or won't be rejoing until they see improvement.
We can't and this is the point many keep making afford not to grow all revenue streams.

It may be possible under FIFA rules to give ourselves more protection for the CoE, nothings been mentioned on that and I highly doubt it's been looked into. A board member is on this forum often enough to have seen it mentioned. Again another area where some investment in time at least is needed to generate greater returns, players graduating to the first team.

Signing players on loan, mostly unfit and expecting them to slot in right away with no game time, again some time spent arranging some friendlies would, even against Lex Glyndwr midweek is better than nothing. The youth sides get games through simply asking on twitter.

We simply don't invest in ourselves enough, and it's showing now.

Haven't attendances dropped recently too?[/QUOTE]

You’ll get no argument from me on the lack of football strategy, especially youth - in the failures column that is easily the biggest.

As far as attendances go you can only really measure it over a season, and there it looks decent; that getting 3600 on a day with mitigating factors stunned people shows the progress made/maintained there.

Lapsed memberships not being chased up does seem to be a common gripe. I would only say that considering the benefits of having it each year for season ticket holders that it is considered a waste of resources to chase people who have “forgotten”; I doubt many will be swayed by being badgered. That’s just my take though, and it can be argued that any other business where you drop off the edge does chase you up.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 09.39:28

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2249842]You’ll get no argument from me on the lack of football strategy, especially youth - in the failures column that is easily the biggest.

As far as attendances go you can only really measure it over a season, and there it looks decent; that getting 3600 on a day with mitigating factors stunned people shows the progress made/maintained there.

Lapsed memberships not being chased up does seem to be a common gripe. I would only say that considering the benefits of having it each year for season ticket holders that it is considered a waste of resources to chase people who have “forgotten”; I doubt many will be swayed by being badgered. That’s just my take though, and it can be argued that any other business where you drop off the edge does chase you up.[/QUOTE]

A bit more investment in key areas could go a long way to increasing turnover by £500k, some of it simply needs more time spent on it. Which is why the current Football board desicion to limp on with reduced numbers is utterly bizarre.

The Only Way Is Up 22nd April 2019 09.57:51

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249838]Interesting that shares haven't even been offered to fans to raise the capital to help get out the league, the club could buy them back gradually over many years.

A fan could potentially sit on the Football board, but that may ruffle too many feathers and I doubt they'd like that. Or a consortium of fans with them electing one of the consortium to sit on the board.[/QUOTE]

Members of the Trust ARE fans. Some of them ARE elected to the Trust Board by other members. Some of those are appointed to the Club Board by the Trust Board.

Whichever way people argue about this, it IS the fans that elect the Club AND the Trust Boards.

Hightown Brymbo Red 22nd April 2019 10.07:35

When you say the fans elected the Club Board.Can you remind me how long each board member is elected for? Plus can you also remind me how many votes each club board member had in the election

WREX777 22nd April 2019 10.22:14

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2249849]Members of the Trust ARE fans. Some of them ARE elected to the Trust Board by other members. Some of those are appointed to the Club Board by the Trust Board.

Whichever way people argue about this, it IS the fans that elect the Club AND the Trust Boards.[/QUOTE]

Eh ? It is a proportion of the fans, actually a minority given that most aren’t members of the WST.

Todd Sweeney 22nd April 2019 10.27:02

Directly electing people to run an organisation is never a good idea, because those who stand may not have the required skills, or the group as a whole may not have the required breadth of skills. That is why other successful cooperatives don’t generally do it. As an example, the Co-op retailer (the Co-operative Group) has an elected group board, but is run by an Executive Management Team, appointed by the board.

Chester was run by a directly elected board and it didn’t turn out well, for the reasons mentioned above.

Of course things aren’t perfect at our club. We have made mistakes but who doesn’t? We are, however, doing things sensibly here. I feel even more strongly that is the case when I see the likes of Ebbsfleet potentially going under because they have been run so badly.

Birdy 22nd April 2019 10.34:52

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2249860]Directly electing people to run an organisation is never a good idea, because those who stand may not have the required skills, or the group as a whole may not have the required breadth of skills. That is why other successful cooperatives don’t generally do it. As an example, the Co-op retailer (the Co-operative Group) has an elected group board, but is run by an Executive Management Team, appointed by the board.

Chester was run by a directly elected board and it didn’t turn out well, for the reasons mentioned above.

Of course things aren’t perfect at our club. We have made mistakes but who doesn’t? We are, however, doing things sensibly here. I feel even more strongly that is the case when I see the likes of Ebbsfleet potentially going under because they have been run so badly.[/QUOTE]

The people on the club board at the moment don't have the required skills either so makes all the above just waffle. This is backed up by the disastrous transfer windows and the illogical management appointments of the last 2 seasons.

Todd Sweeney 22nd April 2019 10.37:48

[QUOTE=Birdy;2249862]The people on the club board at the moment don't have the required skills either so makes all the above just waffle. This is backed up by the disastrous transfer windows and the illogical management appointments of the last 2 seasons.[/QUOTE]

Barrow wasn’t a great appointment, I agree, but Keates and Ricketts were good appointments. Hughes is as yet unproven.

Which clubs don’t appoint the wrong man on occasion? Even the likes of Man Utd and Real Madrid do it - and fairly regularly too.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 10.48:55

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2249849]Members of the Trust ARE fans. Some of them ARE elected to the Trust Board by other members. Some of those are appointed to the Club Board by the Trust Board.

Whichever way people argue about this, it IS the fans that elect the Club AND the Trust Boards.[/QUOTE]

And if you didn't vote for those on the trust board you aren't electing the football board, as I've said, I'm a member of another organisation we get a vote for all boards unless positions go uncontested.

How Wrexham AFC are run is how the EU is run, something that claims to be democratic which isn't. Therefore, it's harder to hold people to account. I didn't vote Tory, yet the Tories elected Juncker as president of the EU.

Todd Sweeney 22nd April 2019 11.02:39

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249866]And if you didn't vote for those on the trust board you aren't electing the football board, as I've said, I'm a member of another organisation we get a vote for all boards unless positions go uncontested.

How Wrexham AFC are run is how the EU is run, something that claims to be democratic which isn't. Therefore, it's harder to hold people to account. I didn't vote Tory, yet the Tories elected Juncker as president of the EU.[/QUOTE]

Do you get to elect the the government of the UK? Or is it appointed by the unelected PM (and actually ultimately by the unelected Queen)?

MJ6987 22nd April 2019 11.10:13

Is this linked to Bryn Law recently giving up his Sky job? He was being quite guarded / cryptic about his plans and he’s recently been seen at the Racecourse. Or am I putting together 2+2+2 and getting something other than 6?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 11.10:30

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2249867]Do you get to elect the the government of the UK? Or is it appointed by the unelected PM (and actually ultimately by the unelected Queen)?[/QUOTE]

No, but I get a say, if people vote different to me nothing I can do about and just get on. That's democracy, the system you're arguing against hasn't done Barcelona or Real Madrid any harm, everyone being held to account with each fan getting a vote for each position.

Todd Sweeney 22nd April 2019 11.11:26

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249870]No, but I get a say, if people vote different to me nothing I can do about and just get on. That's democracy, the system you're arguing against hasn't done Barcelona or Real Madrid any harm, everyone being held to account with each fan getting a vote for each position.[/QUOTE]

As you do with the EU (if you vote, that is).

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 11.14:20

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2249871]As you do with the EU (if you vote, that is).[/QUOTE]

You don't get a say on the president, only country leaders do so. That's not democratic and only half baked, giving them too much protection from being held to account.

You didn't vote Tory, so may not be happy with whom Cameron voted for.

tokyored 22nd April 2019 11.14:23

[QUOTE=MJ6987;2249869]Is this linked to Bryn Law recently giving up his Sky job? He was being quite guarded / cryptic about his plans and he’s recently been seen at the Racecourse. Or am I putting together 2+2+2 and getting something other than 6?[/QUOTE]

Didn't realise he wasn't with them any more. I'd assume he's been seen because he's now free on a Saturday so able to watch Wrexham?

Todd Sweeney 22nd April 2019 11.23:09

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249873]You don't get a say on the president, only country leaders do so. That's not democratic and only half baked, giving them too much protection from being held to account.

You didn't vote Tory, so may not be happy with whom Cameron voted for.[/QUOTE]

That isn’t how it works. Country leaders didn’t elect Juncker. Cameron didn’t want him.

The European Council votes by qualified majority for a nominee for the post of President, taking account of the latest European elections. This proposal is then put before Parliament which must approve or veto the appointment. If an absolute majority of elected MEPs support the nominee, he/she is elected. The President then, together with the Council, puts forward his team to the Parliament to be scrutinised. The Parliament normally insists that each one of them appear before the parliamentary committee that corresponds to their prospective portfolio for a public hearing. The Parliament then votes on the Commission as a whole; if approved, the European Council, acting by a qualified majority, appoints the President and his team to office.

Anyway, this is a massive sidetrack. The point is that the way we do things at Wrexham is sensible and is how most organisations, whether they be companies or even western democracies, operate.

Cenotaff 22nd April 2019 11.25:02

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249766]No, I think Poole was when the WST were looking to buy. The one I'm thinking of was southern based.[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously going in to bat for Andy Smith? The con-man selling plots of land of to people to build on, knowing full well they could never be built on?

Those from the outside who got grief about their interest in the club all looked dodgy as hell.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 22nd April 2019 11.27:55

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2249876]Are you seriously going in to bat for Andy Smith? The con-man selling plots of land of to people to build on, knowing full well they could never be built on?

Those from the outside who got grief about their interest in the club all looked dodgy as hell.[/QUOTE]

Not what I'm saying, they still jumped into bed with one later on with not a hint of remorse after. It never gets shown ever, no matter how many times mistakes are made.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.48:59.