RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 II (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113997-transfer-rumours-speculation-associated-discussion-summer-2019-ii.html)

dixienormous 18th June 2019 11.33:15

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 II

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2267857]This is our strike force as it stands..

Grant
McIntosh
Rutherford
Fondop
Oswell

We'll have to hope Fondop, McIntosh and Oswell get the goals for us looking at that list.

Also that looks worse than last seasons options to me. As it stands we've gone backwards.[/QUOTE]

I'm not shocked. The football has been the worst in our history under our ownership. Change will come soon, I'm convinced but it wont be pretty.

John Neals Dynasty 18th June 2019 11.35:27

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2267859]I'm not shocked. The football has been the worst in our history under our ownership. Change will come soon, I'm convinced but it wont be pretty.[/QUOTE]

Violence?? Yellow Vests?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 18th June 2019 11.36:24

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2267856]Is anyone surprised we are being outbid though? We arenr big payers for reasons that may be frustrating but are pretty obvious.

Where I do feel BH may have gone wrong is retaining too many of last season's squad as if you're doing that any additions really do have to be 1st team ready and the 2 we have signed so far are promising but not proven

2 strong signings and we are back in business but 2 more McIntosh level and people will understandably be concerned[/QUOTE]

No not surprised one bit. We never push the boat to get some big players here. Even blessed with money like the case was in January it was wasted on dross that barely kicked a ball for us.

I agree re his retained list but that's what you get with a rookie. We shouldn't expect anything different. Retaining the likes of Rutherford (5 goals in 110 appearances) and having Grant on a contract which he can retain himself is just mental.

All this stems back to January and the complete mess the board made of everything so I don't really put much blame on BH at this point.

René Higuita 18th June 2019 11.36:50

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2267838]Worryingly yes.
Here's the article for anyone who hasn't read it.
[URL="https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/wrexham_afc/latest/17712716.wrexham-afc-boss-bryan-hughes-closing-in-on-new-signings/"]https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/wrexham_afc/latest/17712716.wrexham-afc-boss-bryan-hughes-closing-in-on-new-signings/[/URL]

[I]"We were lacking in goals so from the start we had to look at the striker department," said Hughes.

"My first thought was to bring in strikers who know where the back of the net is and can score goals.

"But that is what everyone else is looking for. [B]I have lost a few, some because of money and some have gone to play in the Football League[/B], but I am confident with the players I am bringing in."
[/I]

Confirmation he's not got his top targets. I hope he isn't down as far as the N'Tame region of his list of targets.

I'll be patient but the signs aren't good and we've all been here many times before. We need proven players to come into this side, not punts that may or may not work out. The likes of Mckintosh I doubt are going to fire us to another level although I would be delighted to be wrong on that.[/QUOTE]

This is actually pathetic. Ill quote Spencer.. "fans ownership delivering for Wrexham FC'.

pagl 18th June 2019 12.08:14

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2267863]All this stems back to January and the complete mess the board made of everything so I don't really put much blame on BH at this point.[/QUOTE]

At this point the buck is totally with BH in my opinion.
Its him signing them now, his use of the budget and his decision on numbers.

Nowhere to hide now.

Phils-an-alki 18th June 2019 12.17:07

[QUOTE=pagl;2267883]At this point the buck is totally with BH in my opinion.
Its him signing them now, his use of the budget and his decision on numbers.

Nowhere to hide now.[/QUOTE]

But he should never have got the job. That's the whole point.

When you do appoint a rookie you have to cut them some slack unless you drop really lucky.

Loughboroughred 18th June 2019 12.44:59

History says Oswell and Mcintosh know how to score goals. The issue isn't the strikers its the players feeding them. Hopefully Devonte Redmond will help with that. Another winger wouldn't go a miss ever.

Haruki 18th June 2019 12.49:44

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2267886]But he should never have got the job. That's the whole point.

When you do appoint a rookie you have to cut them some slack unless you drop really lucky.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. Continually appointing rookie managers suggests the board are running a slow and steady plan to get back into the league which is not aligned with the fans aim of an ASAP return

Lord Denning's Ghost 18th June 2019 12.54:34

Striker incoming ...
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.10:15.