RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 II (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113997-transfer-rumours-speculation-associated-discussion-summer-2019-ii.html)

smotyns 16th June 2019 19.16:04

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 II

[QUOTE=BP Red;2267499]He scored 23 for us that season, the type of goal return we'd kill for nowadays.

He started almost 40 games too so either you're memory isn't too great or you're posting bollocks for attention.[/QUOTE]

Thought he got about 16 in the league from 32; remember it being about 1 in 2.

fezbob 16th June 2019 19.20:54

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2267490]People go on about moult as some sort of hero. Andy Bishop kept him out of the side for most of the season and then he left the following pre-season. He had a tendency to lose his head in games and consequently would have to be taken off when he had started before receiving an inevitable red card.

He’s did well in Scotland but I don’t think he’s had a massive impact in the championship.[/QUOTE]

Have you been on the biftas?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 16th June 2019 19.32:39

Anyone seen Tollit about?

Percy Sugden 16th June 2019 19.32:56

[QUOTE=TomWFC;2267509]Are you saying Bishop was/is a better player than Moult?[/QUOTE]

No I’m not.

My point is this:

Louis Moult showed potential for us and had a decent scoring record when he played. He’s gone on and done well in Scotland. Realistically his level is probably league one as a regular in a team.
We won nothing in the season he played for us and finished 11th scoring 56 goals in total. The way people on here mention him suggests he was our hero striker in a dominate season from Wrexham. We didn’t even challenge for the playoffs.

Percy Sugden 16th June 2019 19.34:58

[QUOTE=fezbob;2267514]Have you been on the biftas?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

What have I written to make you think that? I thought my summing up of Moult was fairly accurate.

BP Red 16th June 2019 19.42:38

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2267517]No I’m not.

My point is this:

Louis Moult showed potential for us and had a decent scoring record when he played. He’s gone on and done well in Scotland. Realistically his level is probably league one as a regular in a team.
We won nothing in the season he played for us and finished 11th scoring 56 goals in total. The way people on here mention him suggests he was our hero striker in a dominate season from Wrexham. We didn’t even challenge for the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

People on here mention him because he scored the most goals for us in a season since Ugarte. No one is deluded enough to think we were title challengers but he's definitely the type of forward we no longer seem able to attract.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 16th June 2019 20.14:18

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2267508]As the thread says speculation, but my worry now is, have our targets fallen through the net especially strikers and gone to the highest bidder.
Will this mean we go into the bargain basement sort of player.[/QUOTE]

Better players are signed at the end of the transfer window, players won't sign just incase Joe Bloggs says he's 'sh*t' and not selling season tickets until weeks after anticipated has anything to do with it.

Can't wait for the next lot of corkers.

NottsRed 16th June 2019 20.24:28

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2267508]As the thread says speculation, but my worry now is, have our targets fallen through the net especially strikers and gone to the highest bidder.
Will this mean we go into the bargain basement sort of player.[/QUOTE]

No we will wait to sign a quality striker in the January transfer window.

IMHO i think we have our striker line up plus probably one pacey loan signing who will sit on the bench and do nothing. Two more signings i think we will get, RB and a winger.

Percy Sugden 16th June 2019 20.26:00

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2267525]Better players are signed at the end of the transfer window, players won't sign just incase Joe Bloggs says he's 'sh*t' and not selling season tickets until weeks after anticipated has anything to do with it.

Can't wait for the next lot of corkers.[/QUOTE]

You’re the first one!!!

“Better players are signed at the end of the transfer window,”

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.04:18.