RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Spencer Harris resigns - effective end of Jan (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116845-spencer-harris-resigns-effective-end-jan.html)

redinsaudi 12th January 2021 10.29:45

Re: Spencer Harris resigns - effective end of Jan

[QUOTE=Huffy;2425882]Had he got a lob on?[/QUOTE]

is that a back handed compliment?

BloodRed 12th January 2021 10.43:10

I would have thought Spencer could probably put some spin on this

Royal welsh red 12th January 2021 10.49:16

He’s up shit creek without a paddle

moynkeepthefaith 12th January 2021 11.26:00

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2425865]From what I know, you have to sign one once elected to get on the board. If not you lose that position. Makes sense to sign one, but has been severely abused over the years.[/QUOTE]

I have only ever signed NDA's when my company is involved in acquisitions. Not saying that is the rule just my experience.

Omni 12th January 2021 19.46:54

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2425856]He would have already signed one. You don't sign an NDA at the end of any process.[/QUOTE]

Its common practice to include an NDA when someone is being made redundant from a business that wants to protect trade secrets etc. They tend to form part of any restrictive covenant that is put in place.

My point is, that considering he wasn't an employee, if he didn't sign one upon taking the role, then he's not going to be signing one on leaving.

Back of the Kop 12th January 2021 22.44:01

[QUOTE=Omni;2426038]Its common practice to include an NDA when someone is being made redundant from a business that wants to protect trade secrets etc. They tend to form part of any restrictive covenant that is put in place.

My point is, that considering he wasn't an employee, if he didn't sign one upon taking the role, then he's not going to be signing one on leaving.[/QUOTE]

My point was, pure speculation, if Spencer has been "asked" to leave for reasons of misconduct for example, he could be sacked/terminated with the embarrassment that goes with it or he could be encouraged to resign.

This would mean he leaves with his reputation in place but he would be asked to sign an agreement that he wouldn't disclose the real reason he has effectively been sacked to protect himself and the club

Happens all the time in business

-luke 13th January 2021 07.58:22

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2426068]My point was, pure speculation, if Spencer has been "asked" to leave for reasons of misconduct for example, he could be sacked/terminated with the embarrassment that goes with it or he could be encouraged to resign.

This would mean he leaves with his reputation in place but he would be asked to sign an agreement that he wouldn't disclose the real reason he has effectively been sacked to protect himself and the club

Happens all the time in business[/QUOTE]

If I was being sacked, without any realistic incentive, I'd tell them to flip off if I was asked to sign an NDA. The only logical incentive is withholding of back payment, which there wouldn't realistically be in this case.

International 13th January 2021 08.04:51

An NDA would cover both parties...
"We want you to leave"
"Why should I?"
"Beause you have abused you're position"
"Okay, I'll go but you need to sign an NDA"

I know a Building society manager who was sacked for bullying. The society had to pay off employees. But he actually "threatened the society" with disclosure. So NDA works both ways.

Alan Attack 13th January 2021 08.33:14

This is football during a pandemic. It's bloody tiresome.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.59:00.