View Single Post
Old 24th February 2018, 19.06:15   #72-0 (permalink)
quaydragon
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: SAINSBURY STAND
Twitter: @

Default Re: Aldershot reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanvax View Post
Aldershot were outstanding today - their movement and psssing was on a completely different level to ours. Good lesson as to where we need to get to - on balance we did well to get a point
Any side will look outstanding against us, if they are given the time and space that we afforded to Aldershot today. Why do we continually sit too deep and leave a gaping hole between our defense and as it was today our lone forward.We need to defend further up the pitch and then the mid-field players can then be the link between defenders and forwards. Firstly players should be told that it IS OK to pass to one of their team mates and not just aimlessly belt the ball upfield. Kelly has been tried in various positions in midfield, but his first instinct on collecting a ball seems to be to turn back to face his own keeper. The engine room of the team but unfortunately the lad seems unable to play there. He has a better spell in the second half today but that does not make up for abject performances of late. Could someone also explain to me the lack of use of our substitutes - we sign a goalscorer - and hey presto expect him to score while he spends 85 mins. sat on the bench.
Perhaps I expect too much - I have only been following the Reds for 63 years- We all want promotion, but to be entertained by watching some decent football is not too much to ask , is it ? I will most probably get shot down for this, but the same problems have been there all season for all to see.