View Single Post
Old 9th January 2020, 20.18:43   #38-0 (permalink)
-luke
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Realistic Changes to Our Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
Agree again eosceiriog

More of a yacht and less of a naval ship with weapons approach.

RACI is a mind numbing corporate culture to impose on a football club whose number one activity is driven by results on the pitch.

ENDS would be more relevant at the moment.

Egotisic, Narrow minded, Defensive, Stubborn
Got to say bit fed up of people misunderstanding what a RACI actually is. I totally understand why people dont get it. Its nothing to do woth corporate culture.

Its a tool predominantly used in project management where you have a matrix management approach to leading the activities of a number of people.

I could explain how they should work, but nobody cares. However the context of its use and its application at the football club is just totally wrong. It highlights a worrying point though.

Spencers job is in project management now I believe (seems like he is in a lesser role than his HR directors job now?). He seems to be employing tools and techniques he is familiar with despite them being out of context. Its a bit worrying that they are so devoid of ideas that they believe the principles of project management in a fmcg organisation are directly transferrable to running a football club.