RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

Cambridge Utd v Wrexham KO 3pm BSP Live Match Thread -
Page 22 of 23
« First   <   12   19     20     21  22    23   >  

Birdy at 16.05:03 on 19th September 2009 said:
Originally Posted by iawn cont:
Because we have a squad thats already good enough.....new manager = new players and the revolving door of players starts all over again.
Your assuming a new manager needs a whole new set of players, this isn't true. Also if the squad is good enough as you say then surely a new manager would be able to see that too? Not every new manager needs a brand new 25 man squad you know. They maybe told to work with what they have.

iawn cont at 16.09:41 on 19th September 2009 said:
Originally Posted by Birdy:
Your assuming a new manager needs a whole new set of players, this isn't true. Also if the squad is good enough as you say then surely a new manager would be able to see that too? Not every new manager needs a brand new 25 man squad you know. They maybe told to work with what they have.
I would be interested to know of any managers that havent.
Not saying it wouldn't happen its just that any self respecting manager would not want to run with the same squad of players due to wanting to put his own stamp on the squad and for fear of any success being praised on the previous manager.

StattoWrexham at 16.15:45 on 19th September 2009 said:
That's a good point, there should be enough talent here to get us higher in the table. I am not talking about going up as that looks beyond us already but to improve on last season, if we do better than last season's position then that could be classed as progress. At the moment though I can't see it because of all the chopping and changing.

Mike Edwards at 16.17:03 on 19th September 2009 said:
Did'nt Deano say we are going to spank some-one in the Post this morning, hope it's next sunday

Birdy at 16.18:10 on 19th September 2009 said:
Originally Posted by iawn cont:
I would be interested to know of any managers that havent.
Not saying it wouldn't happen its just that any self respecting manager would not want to run with the same squad of players due to wanting to put his own stamp on the squad and for fear of any success being praised on the previous manager.
I understand where your coming from but I think the squad needs a manager who can tell them what to do and how to play rather than the squad needing new personnel. IMO it is clear the team do not have a clue what to do when on the pitch and this is down to the manager.

dazb at 16.25:27 on 19th September 2009 said:
Originally Posted by PG's bank Manager:
thats not gonna happen with saunders arrogance! what was it he said about the other night they learnt more on the pitch in the 20 mins I was on than in training! says a lot for his training methods!

To be fair to Dean, i think what he actually said was more along the lines of:-

He'll (the striker he played along side.... cant't actually remember who it was, sorry) learn more from the 20mins i was on the pitch with him, than me explaining something to him verbally, for 20mins.

corwenred at 16.25:30 on 19th September 2009 said:
I understand where your coming from but I think the squad needs a manager who can tell them what to do and how to play rather than the squad needing new personnel. IMO it is clear the team do not have a clue what to do when on the pitch and this is down to the manager.
That's a Valid point I remember reading Flemings post-match interview on the official site after the oxford game and he said this :
"It got a bit confused because Frank got sent off and we pushed Mani up front. There was a bit of a hole at the back and I filled in!"

wrexhamandy at 16.46:29 on 19th September 2009 said:
Originally Posted by Motty:
We have no attacking threat at present. No matter what criticism can be made of Louis he would fit better in this team. Taylor is static
Sooooooooooooo true

dyf at 18.01:02 on 19th September 2009 said:
I didn't catch much of today's commentary, but had to laugh when Jason Perry called Paul Carden "a honest pro" after a tackle by one of our players!!

Yeah, right!

Page 22 of 23
« First   <   12   19     20     21  22    23   >  

Cambridge Utd v Wrexham KO 3pm BSP Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12