RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Manny Smith returns!! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109808-manny-smith-returns.html)

Always The Kop 31st May 2017 10.08:59

Re: Manny Smith to return

[QUOTE=billy;2034057]isnt he on a 2yr deal?[/QUOTE]

He does have a year left on his contract at Gateshead

Phils-an-alki 31st May 2017 10.12:32

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2033795]I'm not that arsed about Smith returning. He's done nothing in his career to suggest he's one of the best centre backs in this league. Not like Shaun Pearson[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=LePog;2033928]Just the 150+ games at league 1 and 2 level.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Fair point I think.

Unless DK reallys wants to spend a silly amount on a CB then Manny is about as proven as we can realistically get.
Other than that he'd be taking a gamble on a player thats unproven like Tilt was and we all know they don't always work out even though Tilt was very good for us. Better the devil you know.

Oh and don't forget he played with a LOW defender for the majority in Hudson.

Prodigal Dragon 31st May 2017 10.15:57

Manny would be an excellent addition to the squad. He and Mills-Bomb fell out; I know which man I would have at the club.

Danny Boy 31st May 2017 10.37:39

Manny would be good, not concerned about his leadership qualities in a back 4 with Pearson and Jennings especially if Disley signed in the midfield to.

If the rumours of Roberts from Halifax are true and with Carra/Marx and versatile Hurst to cover that is a seriously strong defence.

Midfield is already taking a good shape, we just need the strikers and some creativity/pace.

davewilli 31st May 2017 10.48:47

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2034077]Manny would be good, not concerned about his leadership qualities in a back 4 with Pearson and Jennings especially if Disley signed in the midfield to.

If the rumours of Roberts from Halifax are true and with Carra/Marx and versatile Hurst to cover that is a seriously strong defence.

Midfield is already taking a good shape, we just need the strikers and some creativity/pace.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan.

We just need the CoE to produce some of our own and we are in business.

Ddraigoch 31st May 2017 11.36:12

[QUOTE=davewilli;2034081]Sounds like a plan.

We just need the CoE to produce some of our own and we are in business.[/QUOTE]

Err Leo Smith and Olly Marx (if he signs).

Alan Attack 31st May 2017 11.40:40

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2034099]Err Leo Smith and Olly Marx (if he signs).[/QUOTE]

Danny Ward...when Huddersfield sign him for £10m.

pagl 31st May 2017 12.08:09

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2034099]Err Leo Smith and Olly Marx (if he signs).[/QUOTE]

Both have potential but not made it yet.
Its funny how some criticising Manny are those that thought Robbie Evans was a good player. Rofl
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

SteveWAFC 31st May 2017 12.23:41

[QUOTE=pagl;2034128]Both have potential but not made it yet.

Its funny how some criticising Manny are those that thought Robbie Evans was a good player. Rofl
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Wilkin made Rob Evans a good player and turned him into a player that was confident in the final third, scoring with great strikes home and away vs Barnet. But since that season he has gone downhill massively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.02:17.