RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The league is there for the taking - build the budget January transfer window (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110783-league-there-taking-build-budget-january-transfer-window.html)

standingroomonly2 15th November 2017 07.59:17

Re: The league is there for the taking - build the budget January transfer window

Better defensively than Roberts and carrington. Better at going forward than Roberts and carrington. Should be first choice
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Danny Boy 15th November 2017 08.06:37

Re: The league is there for the taking - build the budget January transfer window

Wasn't he signed as a central midfielder ? He looks like he could be in the mould of a big, strong holding player, so his intended place in the squad may have been taken by Akil Wright later in pre-season.

Personally, I don't rate him like others seem to but I do think he is worth keeping hold of as a squad player as we will always be thin and he is versatile.

No clue to what the personal issues are, but it has seemed strange to me that he upped sticks from Dover and came all the way up here for a one year deal (I imagine on not a massive wage) so early in pre-season.

WREX01 15th November 2017 08.24:41

[QUOTE=standingroomonly2;2087367]Better defensively than Roberts and carrington. Better at going forward than Roberts and carrington. Should be first choice
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Better at going forward ??
Whenever he has the ball at his feet it’s usually an aimless hoof up field.He is solid defensively though.

TWREX 15th November 2017 08.37:42

Last game I saw Hurst play in his passing was good and deserved to keep the shirt .

Phils-an-alki 15th November 2017 12.15:49

[QUOTE=Foxy;2087304]He is one of three right backs and each of them is similar in standard. We can’t finance three right backs so one of them has to go. Given that Roberts has a two year contract and that Carrington is versatile, sadly it’s Hurst. But we shouldn’t have got into this situation ; having signed Hurst and kept Carrington, it’s a mystery why Keates paid a fee and gave a two year contract to another right back (Hurst ) who is no better. Really odd decision and the type of decision that should have led to the Board intervening.[/QUOTE]

Barry Horne meddled with team affairs where it was not wanted or needed and look where that got us.

WREX01 15th November 2017 12.19:22

Roberts is a decent full back , glad we gave him a 2 year deal.Much better distribution than Hurst and can also cover CB.

krux 15th November 2017 12.26:58

[QUOTE=WREX01;2087416]Roberts is a decent full back , glad we gave him a 2 year deal.Much better distribution than Hurst and [B]can also cover CB[/B].

He hasn't covered Cb yet, and he is too short anyway. In absolute RB terms he is probably better than Hurst, but Hurst's height and flexibility means I would probably have him over Roberts I think.

WREX01 15th November 2017 12.43:50

[QUOTE=krux;2087419]He hasn't covered Cb yet, and he is too short anyway. In absolute RB terms he is probably better than Hurst, but Hurst's height and flexibility means I would probably have him over Roberts I think.[/QUOTE]

Roberts has previously played CB and can cover there as Ashton did in the past (similar height)

pagl 15th November 2017 13.04:50

[QUOTE=WREX01;2087421]Roberts has previously played CB and can cover there as Ashton did in the past (similar height)

square pegs, round holes again......

Cover is one thing but an immediate, identifiable gap should be addressed.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.46:32.