RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Woking (A) reaction thread (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111537-woking-reaction-thread.html)

jackwilliams 19th March 2018 10.11:45

Re: Woking (A) reaction thread

Another aspect of Dunn's game which is weak is his kicking. He finds it hard to clear the half way line and it invariably is straight on one of their midfield or centre back foreheads. All keepers at this level have weaknesses I guess. He does make some very good saves and so he should with his height and the fact that he has done some coaching.

Ooh aah Paskin 19th March 2018 10.55:34

Yes, there are very few perfect keepers.
I used to know a lad who was 6'7". He could deal with crosses all day. He was good with one on ones due to his size, and very good at making saves above waist height and in the corners.

However, he wasn't as good at low shots.

Dunn is far from perfect and normally I would prefer Dibble over him but at this stage I think unless he makes another couple of howlers in the next game we need consistency. Hopefully get Manny back in the centre next game and that will help.

John Neals Dynasty 19th March 2018 11.20:23

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2125321]Personally I'd say Dibble did a little better than OK. His run in the side coincided with decent form and contributed to our goals against column. He also saved a couple of penalties and proved that when you go up for the ball whilst competing with an attacker you really can come down with it in your hands.

I've never quite understood the argument of keepers who are decent shot stoppers should be excused other major parts of their games. Dunn is weak in the air, especially when he's having to compete for the ball. He's also often glued to his line when his defence could really do with someone to come out and claim the ball cleanly; to take the pressure off them for a change.[/QUOTE]
You're missing my point LD when was the last time Dibble actually played? Against Harrogate was it not, Coddington when only loan was better than both of them, I don't disagree with your assessment of Dunn at all I just think disruption to the back, 8 games left is a gamble the coaches see Dibble in training but decided a loan of Coddington was preferable to Dibble when Dunn was injured. I just think we need experience in goal now the pressure is on.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

KT12 Exile 19th March 2018 12.08:56

In terms of how well we passed the ball around and the chances we created, that was the best we've looked all season. Kelly and Wedgebury were both fantastic, I have never seen Kelly play like that before, at least not in a Wrexham shirt. Unfortunately, our inability to deal with corners and lack of ruthlessness in front of goal cost us the points.

Pearson (who didn't have one of his best games) was spot in in his post-match interview that a lack of height was a real weakness without Manny. Definitely something the new manager needs to consider for next season, we can't afford to have no real height in the team when just one player is injured.

FieldtownRed 19th March 2018 12.18:31

Maybe drop Quigley back for corners and leave Rutherford up front for clearances. Problem is that Quigley holds the ball up well waiting for others to arrive.

Phils-an-alki 19th March 2018 13.04:59

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2125372]Maybe drop Quigley back for corners and leave Rutherford up front for clearances. Problem is that Quigley holds the ball up well waiting for others to arrive.[/QUOTE]

Or just drop Rutherford altogether and play a footballer and not a farm dog.

John Neals Dynasty 19th March 2018 13.09:39

Ainge is an ex centre half why not draft him into the defence, he looks like he can barely raise a gallop upfront and that's in 5 minute cameos.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

bartonbank 19th March 2018 15.00:42

[quote=benwilliams;2125202]Dunn definitely at fault for 2nd but 1st inconclusive. Poor defending either way. Boden's chance came at him so quickly it's a bit harsh to call it a bad miss.
[SIZE=1][I]Posted via mobile theme[/I][/SIZE][/quote]

In relation to both Woking goals we had a player on the post who leaves the post and the ball crosses the line where that player should be (Kelly and Wedgebury?). Even schoolboys are told that, if you are on the post, you don't leave it until the ball is cleared.

In addition the ref missing the blatant shove on Kelly in the lead up to the second goal...I mean, how?? It wasn't even subtle!

Finally, whilst I can understand Shaun feeling he should possibly concede the penalty and miss a game if it saves us a point I can't agree. We need him more than a solitary point!

krux 19th March 2018 15.28:19

[QUOTE=Redordead;2125189]Let’s go back to the days when we had everyone back for corners.[/QUOTE]

This.

clog up that box!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.32:34.