RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Balanced Midfield (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112799-balanced-midfield.html)

EnglishRed 3rd November 2018 20.38:18

Re: Balanced Midfield

[QUOTE=Birdy;2191685]He is 22 hardly a 'youngster'. Looking like more of a Robbie Evans type scenario atm.[/QUOTE]

I've been impressed with Wright this season. Why so quick to write him off?

Foxy 3rd November 2018 20.40:08

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2191686]We need to be looking at making an offer for Walker after his loan runs out in Jan.[/QUOTE]

Of all the players with us at the moment , it is Walker who has the potential to play at a higher level than all the others. He is a classic defensive midfielder, who can head the ball, break up play and pass it simple or pass it long. His weakness at the moment is a regular tendency to be complacent and get sloppy, but he is still young and developing.

Birdy 3rd November 2018 20.42:45

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2191705]I've been impressed with Wright this season. Why so quick to write him off?[/QUOTE]

He only ever passes it sideways and backwards, he had a good 1st month but has gone backwards since then. Cannot play the ball forwards and continuously puts us under pressure. It was his mistake when he came on that led to the Gateshead goal.

dlrwrexham 3rd November 2018 20.43:21

[QUOTE=KingConnolly;2191609]I cannot help thinking that one of the main reasons for our vastly improved performance today was the balance in midfield

With Wright and Walker it is too defensive but sadly in Summerfields absence clearly the manager did not trust Deverdics. Walker offer more than Akil so all in all our best 3 in there[/QUOTE]

Rather agree.Ricketts will undoubtedly continue with some degree of rotation,but hopefully he makes this three his preferred midfield.The two Lukes put me in mind a little,of Keates and Harris:)

davewilli 3rd November 2018 20.44:25

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2191703]Anyone rate deverdics then ?

Get the impression he's one of the 'characters' in the squad , hence managers like him, and keep him in the 15[/QUOTE]

You can see his ability on the ball it just hasn't worked here for him thus far, for whatever reason, maybe played out of position by DK then fitness issues early this season and now Young & Rutgers ahead of him for the no 10 role or attacking midfielder

dlrwrexham 3rd November 2018 20.46:07

[QUOTE=davewilli;2191711]You can see his ability on the ball it just hasn't worked here for him thus far, for whatever reason, maybe played out of position by DK then fitness issues early this season and now Young & Rutgers ahead of him for the no 10 role or attacking midfielder[/QUOTE]

Only issue with deverdics is his relative lack of work.Good player,no doubt,but he just doesn't graft enough for me.:(

Alan Attack 3rd November 2018 20.54:56

Having a decent squad, it’s up to Deverdics to actually stake a claim.

GarryOggy 3rd November 2018 22.25:25

[QUOTE=Foxy;2191708]Of all the players with us at the moment , it is Walker who has the potential to play at a higher level than all the others. He is a classic defensive midfielder, who can head the ball, break up play and pass it simple or pass it long. His weakness at the moment is a regular tendency to be complacent and get sloppy, but he is still young and developing.[/QUOTE]

I like Walker but if this is the case why would Crewe let such a talent go?

davewilli 3rd November 2018 22.29:25

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2191743]I like Walker but if this is the case why would Crewe let such a talent go?[/QUOTE]

They paid money for him and I guess he was one of their bigger earners, they have some of their own kids coming through in the same role that need developing, their Academy is draining money, so it looks like it was to free up some budget.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.52:25.