RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113402-barrow-dropped-us-no-differnt-than-rickets.html)

Vorporix 8th February 2019 20.09:19

Re: Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets

[QUOTE=Willywill;2229555]I too will support Bryan Hughes as he is managing my club. Saying that, I cannot remember a bigger gamble in the 50 years that I have been attending games here. A bizarre decision. Totally off the wall. Could only be bettered by appointing Father Christmas or Julian Clary!
I have been away with work for the past 48 hours, and catching up on RP, it appears that things have got blacker and blacker. I am glad I don’t get involved in the behind the scenes politics - I don’t understand most of the heavy stuff on here.[/QUOTE]

Why a bigger gamble then Keates or Ricketts?

Willywill 8th February 2019 20.15:48

Cos he has been out of main stream football for yonks. Has anyone heard of any of his progress or great achievements? I wish him well, but let’s not guild the Lily.

Vorporix 8th February 2019 20.18:46

[QUOTE=Willywill;2229557]Cos he has been out of main stream football for yonks. Has anyone heard of any of his progress or great achievements? I wish him well, but let’s not guild the Lily.[/QUOTE]

Sorry - have to disagree - no difference to me but appreciate your view.

Funny_Old_Game 8th February 2019 20.25:01

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2229556]Why a bigger gamble then Keates or Ricketts?[/QUOTE]

Keates knew the club inside out as well as knowing the league inside out, I didn’t see him as much of a risk at all. Ricketts was a big risk but with Barrow with him it worked. Hughes assistant will be crucial. Please don’t give me the nonsense that Hughes knows this club, it’s a world away from what he knew. It is unrecognisable.

Vorporix 8th February 2019 20.32:00

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2229560]Keates knew the club inside out as well as knowing the league inside out, I didn’t see him as much of a risk at all. Ricketts was a big risk but with Barrow with him it worked. Hughes assistant will be crucial.[B] Please don’t give me the nonsense that Hughes knows this club, it’s a world away from what he knew. It is unrecognisable.[/B][/QUOTE]

Wouldn't dream of it - but like the others he is untested, is young and wants to make a go of it.

He is also an ex-player who does know a little bit about the passion supporters have.

I agree - the choice of assistant important.

Todd Sweeney 8th February 2019 20.58:17

[QUOTE=Willywill;2229557]Cos he has been out of main stream football for yonks. Has anyone heard of any of his progress or great achievements? I wish him well, but let’s not guild the Lily.[/QUOTE]

To be fair so was Keates. Coaching kids part time at Glyndwr.

dixienormous 8th February 2019 21.04:31

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2229580]To be fair so was Keates. Coaching kids part time at Glyndwr.[/QUOTE]

The only thing Keates did was sign Manny and Pearson. Great buys, but that’s all he did.

John Neals Dynasty 8th February 2019 21.20:16

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2229560]Keates knew the club inside out as well as knowing the league inside out, I didn’t see him as much of a risk at all. Ricketts was a big risk but with Barrow with him it worked. Hughes assistant will be crucial. Please don’t give me the nonsense that Hughes knows this club, it’s a world away from what he knew. It is unrecognisable.[/QUOTE]

Very true Fog he commented on the New stand.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

GarryOggy 8th February 2019 21.42:37

Barrow should have been made caretaker manager for a few months in hindsight.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.38:22.