RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113402-barrow-dropped-us-no-differnt-than-rickets.html)

John Neals Dynasty 8th February 2019 21.20:16

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2229560]Keates knew the club inside out as well as knowing the league inside out, I didnít see him as much of a risk at all. Ricketts was a big risk but with Barrow with him it worked. Hughes assistant will be crucial. Please donít give me the nonsense that Hughes knows this club, itís a world away from what he knew. It is unrecognisable.[/QUOTE]

Very true Fog he commented on the New stand.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

GarryOggy 8th February 2019 21.42:37

Re: Barrow Dropped Us In It, No Differnt Than Rickets

Barrow should have been made caretaker manager for a few months in hindsight.

jonesfach 8th February 2019 22.32:10

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2229405]This is not true.

Rickets wanted Barrows contract extended to match his own.
The deal was done before Rickets flew the coop.
Lawrence was approached as he was willing to have Barrow alongside.[/QUOTE]

Which bits not untrue?

Looks like we agree to me...:confused:

jonesfach 8th February 2019 22.33:56

[QUOTE=Haruki;2229411]That version of events makes sense but it highlighted another growing problem I have mentioned a few times. As members we used to be told that we were told information as soon as it was available. Now the release of information is staged to provide a good news story when the board feel one is required.
Pearson signed his contract weeks before the fan base were told. And it appears Barrow did too and it was release under the "we value loyalty" banner but that decision really backfired as we then believed they appointed an assistant without a manager in place. If the board had told us of GB's extended contract when he signed it we all would have been delighted.
I am sorry but the board created a lot of their own problems by choosing to use information as something they can release when suits them not when it actually happens[/QUOTE]

Fair point:)

jonesfach 8th February 2019 22.39:07

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2229455]So you're expecting Hughes to be a huge success? Let's get real here he was a joint manager 3 yrs ago and after 5 defeats on the bounce was sacked or left by mutual consent which is the same only a polite term, that club was 2 divisions below where we are, since then he has been kicking golf balls around.

He is a massive gamble with 15 games to go, if in the closed season maybe worth the gamble not when 5th 4 points off top.. It shows how clueless on the playing side the board is.

Also all the times Harris and Bircham before him rabbited about top managers applying, shows they must of been far from the truth also.

So a massive gamble this appointment for me I feel for him really.

This club could do a TV programme I'm a football manager or an assistant... Please get me out of here.

Never mind as SH would spin great times.

#onecircus
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I know you say BH is a gamble and I agree in most respects but isn't a bloke who's lost 4/5 games an even bigger gamble? After the last game there was a large proportion against him continuing as manager. MN also has not gone down too well with the players allegedly ?
So although we didn't really want t o have a change of manager it can't do us that much harm can it?

Red_Jackoisback 9th February 2019 07.53:30

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2229613]I know you say BH is a gamble and I agree in most respects but isn't a bloke who's lost 4/5 games an even bigger gamble? After the last game there was a large proportion against him continuing as manager. MN also has not gone down too well with the players allegedly ?
So although we didn't really want t o have a change of manager it can't do us that much harm can it?[/QUOTE]

Barrow was a very poor appointment and we are better off without him. He wasnít up to it and his team selections were a joke - particularly at Fylde.

But itís hisyiry now and we move on. As some say the assistants position is now key.

Jaded 9th February 2019 08.07:29

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2229594]Barrow should have been made caretaker manager for a few months in hindsight.[/QUOTE]

Itís almost like the people at the time saying he shouldnít have been made permanent manager knew what they were talking about!

John Neals Dynasty 9th February 2019 11.32:52

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2229613]I know you say BH is a gamble and I agree in most respects but isn't a bloke who's lost 4/5 games an even bigger gamble? After the last game there was a large proportion against him continuing as manager. MN also has not gone down too well with the players allegedly ?
So although we didn't really want t o have a change of manager it can't do us that much harm can it?[/QUOTE]

Yes but plenty of us sharing a braincell said it was a stupid choice giving a guy who didn't want the job one week and the next did... And the thing that wound a lot of fans up was the pathetic spin by Teflon man Harris we searched high and low and the best man for the job was here....with Hughes now getting the job it's obvious more experienced professional managers agent's are saying stay away from that basket case of a club a few defeats they want you gone.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.46:28.