RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   flynn (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113616-flynn.html)

the sleeping giant dies 14th March 2019 11.44:45

flynn

now that everyone has stopped having an orgasm about flynn the messiah is back,except me. i am not a fan of flynns.so how much of an imbut is he having on the team, hes not on the touchline with the other three clueless ones, but sitting in the stands. we have not performed since he came on board. the money were paying him could and should have been used to pay a decent strikers wages, flynn can t score but a striker can and thats whats needed. the board are wasting the money the club has. we ll make the playoffs just but only for one round then its back to the two year plan and not enough money to bring in decent players. we should have got a decent manager in by now and been out of this league four years ago, the board are penny pinching cheap option every time

Gwersyllt-Robin 14th March 2019 11.53:03

Re: flynn

dear me.

Phils-an-alki 14th March 2019 11.56:40

Someone grab Sparky and hold him back..

marathonplny 14th March 2019 12.18:37

We need to give them time to sort things out

We will either scrape through the playoffs - unlikely, as goals will be an issues, or
Be in the same league next year - high degree of probability

Thus the summer is when they need to have targeted signings, get them in early, give us fans something to get behind and start to address the issues that happen every season

crazywelsh 14th March 2019 12.28:14

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2240211]We need to give them time to sort things out

We will either scrape through the playoffs - unlikely, as goals will be an issues, or
Be in the same league next year - high degree of probability

Thus the summer is when they need to have targeted signings, get them in early, give us fans something to get behind and start to address the issues that happen every season[/QUOTE]

It’s the same old excuses over and over, at first it was the wst will make mistakes. The last 7 years have been mistake after mistake, this league was there for the taking in January we should of blown the whole money we had received and gone all out.

Funny_Old_Game 14th March 2019 12.30:16

Nobody can change the mentality of this group. They’ve been brainwashed into no risk football

Outertowner 14th March 2019 12.33:10

[QUOTE=the sleeping giant dies;2240199]now that everyone has stopped having an orgasm about flynn the messiah is back,except me. i am not a fan of flynns.so how much of an imbut is he having on the team, hes not on the touchline with the other three clueless ones, but sitting in the stands. we have not performed since he came on board. the money were paying him could and should have been used to pay a decent strikers wages, flynn can t score but a striker can and thats whats needed. the board are wasting the money the club has. we ll make the playoffs just but only for one round then its back to the two year plan and not enough money to bring in decent players. we should have got a decent manager in by now and been out of this league four years ago, the board are penny pinching cheap option every time[/QUOTE]

Flynn’s appointment is integral to the long term plan of moving the football club forward. Bryan Hughes needed an experienced assistant and I don’t think the board could of got in anyone better. Regarding the issue that the money should have been spent on a striker, I can’t understand why we couldn’t do both, but I think getting some decent midfielders might be money better spent.

NottsRed 14th March 2019 13.34:58

[QUOTE=Outertowner;2240220]Flynn’s appointment is integral to the long term plan of moving the football club forward. Bryan Hughes needed an experienced assistant and I don’t think the board could of got in anyone better. Regarding the issue that the money should have been spent on a striker, I can’t understand why we couldn’t do both, but I think getting some decent midfielders might be money better spent.[/QUOTE]

Agree on the decent midfielders bit.

I think with Flynn, Hughes, Jussi & Darlington we have to many Chefs in the kitchen.

RemovedUser 14th March 2019 13.37:49

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2240218]Nobody can change the mentality of this group. They’ve been brainwashed into no risk football[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, Tuesday was not the time to change things......

The management took a huge risk on Tuesday evening, going to a new more attacking formation, which you said before kick off was “more like it”.
I’m not restating this as a criticism of you, but it strikes me that going gung ho at this stage of the season was not what was needed.......

We had got where we were by being defensively minded. It has worked, even if it isn’t pretty.
I agree that you can’t change that defensive mentality overnight, so why did Hughes try?

If you couple that new set up with the fact that Roberts was coming back from injury, had McGlashen in front of him who’s game he doesn’t know yet, (and who by all accounts was very poor on the night), rather than Rutherford who’s he does. And vice versa of course. Those singling out Roberts for criticism elsewhere on this forum, is somewhat unfair in my view.
Also, Pearson, our leader and stand out defender was out injured too. Another reason not to change formation and mentality at a crucial stage of the season.

So Management should take the flack, moreso than the players, in my view.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.13:36.