RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Colliers Park/Gresford/ FAW training ground (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113940-colliers-park-gresford-faw-training-ground.html)

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 21st May 2019 17.28:26

Re: Colliers Park/Gresford/ FAW training ground

If not a glaring miss...Then let's call it a glaring opportunity.... An opportunity wrecked in January..

eosceiriog 21st May 2019 18.38:35

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2259438]Are we the owners of Wrexham AFC? Is the single share not owned by the WST, who represent those fans who are WST members?

Furthermore, how do non-WST members ‘own’ the club?

To my knowledge there are no private shareholders in the club. They all lost their rights many moons ago, and without compensation.

138+NotOut means fans weren’t informed accurately and in a timely way. Whether we should expect such compliance is a separate matter.[/QUOTE]

Are you are saying the fans do not own the club, WST members or not!!! If so, what a surprise.

Quay Red 21st May 2019 19.07:47

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2259617]Are you are saying the fans do not own the club, WST members or not!!! If so, what a surprise.[/QUOTE]

Not at all what he's saying.
The Trust own the share in the Football club.
The members are the trust and elect their representatives.
Non members do not have a direct say in the running of the trust / club.
Want to change things, become a member of this football club and automatically a trust member.

Phils-an-alki 22nd May 2019 08.33:11

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2259638]
Want to change things, become a member of this football club and automatically a trust member.[/QUOTE]

Then what?

Is it ok to want change in something but to also realise you are not the right person to implement change? Is that ok?

Quay Red 22nd May 2019 08.46:14

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2259697]Then what?

Is it ok to want change in something but to also realise you are not the right person to implement change? Is that ok?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's OK. No brainer.
No one person can change things, each individual can contribute and together can facilitate change.
I don't advocate "Get yourself elected" It's not for everyone but just like a general election. your vote counts. You don't have to necessarily stick your own head above the parapet but do need to support those who do on your behalf.
The disappointing aspect of the trust membership is the lack of participation in AGM's especially when it comes to on line votes etc. Only around 10% actively participate.

Ooh aah Paskin 22nd May 2019 08.49:39

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2259701]Yes. It's OK. No brainer.
No one person can change things, each individual can contribute and together can facilitate change.
I don't advocate "Get yourself elected" It's not for everyone but just like a general election. your vote counts. You don't have to necessarily stick your own head above the parapet but do need to support those who do on your behalf.
The disappointing aspect of the trust membership is the lack of participation in AGM's especially when it comes to on line votes etc. Only around 10% actively participate.[/QUOTE]

Probably because 90% only joined the trust to get priority access to big game tickets! ;)

Willywill 22nd May 2019 09.05:56

I was present at the Recent AGM, and there were only 20/30 people there. It showed the apathy folks have. If we have a strong view on some aspect of the club, we would rather hammer our keyboards than attend and voice our opinions. It’s left me rather numb. I have had 36 years in commerce, and probably have something to give the club, but I really now cannot be arsed. Has RP influenced me to feel this way?

Phils-an-alki 22nd May 2019 09.14:45

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2259704]Probably because 90% only joined the trust to get priority access to big game tickets! ;)[/QUOTE]

Speaks volumes. Stoke FA Cup tickets, most cancelled straight away.

pagl 22nd May 2019 09.50:02

[QUOTE=Willywill;2259710]I was present at the Recent AGM, and there were only 20/30 people there. It showed the apathy folks have. If we have a strong view on some aspect of the club, we would rather hammer our keyboards than attend and voice our opinions. It’s left me rather numb. I have had 36 years in commerce, and probably have something to give the club, but I really now cannot be arsed. Has RP influenced me to feel this way?[/QUOTE]

Why blame RP its an opinions board?
What motivation is there or do you have to get involved.
Anyone understand what the WST board do and where you could help? I dont.

Same with football board, what are the strategies and where do we need skills?

It all seems closed to me and just a general monthly meeting that discusses numbers and thats it.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.03:44.