RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Boreham Wood Highlights (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114286-boreham-wood-highlights.html)

Percy Sugden 8th August 2019 08.44:12

Re: Boreham Wood Highlights

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2279716]Ignore Percy Cespit. He’s nothing but a WUM.[/QUOTE]

WUM???? The WUM’s on those posting ridiculously high match ratings straight after the match.

NottsRed 8th August 2019 08.52:48

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2279710]Dibble made at least 1 top drawer save. Their second is a scuffed mis hit so I dont see how you can blame the keeper for that one.[/QUOTE]

Id be more asking why the defence gave him the freedom of the pitch to get that shot in.

Danny Boy 8th August 2019 09.12:18

[quote=OneLoveWrexham;2279718]Yeah that save was on there, hardly top drawer as you’d expect your youth keeper to save that at a good height. The 3 goals that we have concede already this season Dibble has planted his feet through poor footwork and doesn’t have any agility to compensate, there’s not been many times where we have had to question Lainton when goals have gone in.[/quote]

Maybe correct about Dibble but there is no point having a go at the lad, he's the second choice 'Keeper. He has made a few saves that have kept us in the two games this season, and he has let in a couple of goals that have put us on the back foot that a 'better' Keeper may have saved.

Short of spending money on a top draw back-up for Lainton, maybe at the expense of one of our attacking players, I don't know what more could be done....It's just bad luck.

totesey2 8th August 2019 12.51:23

I know they are only brief highlights but it seems a draw was a fair result.

michaelps 8th August 2019 13.25:44

It probably was. Haven't posted since the match or gone into the player ratings stuff (though possibly we should have used more than one sub and possibly Ruthers wasn't the one sub to bring on and that might be inexperience on Yosser's part) as was so gutted by how the game ended up.

Pre game we might have taken a point and taking the game as a whole, both sides had 5 or 6 genuinely decent chances, so a draw was fair. I agree if you were a neutral, which I'm not and we're not it was a very good game to watch.

It's just the way it ended that means we were all angry/upset at the time and why we think it's 2 points lost.

sparky 8th August 2019 13.59:47

I'm presuming their second goal took a deflection.

Lovely finish by Grant.

northwalian dragon 8th August 2019 15.06:18

That’s a fantastic run, touch, shape and finish from Grant

Percy Sugden 8th August 2019 15.14:35

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2279721]Maybe correct about Dibble but there is no point having a go at the lad, he's the second choice 'Keeper. He has made a few saves that have kept us in the two games this season, and he has let in a couple of goals that have put us on the back foot that a 'better' Keeper may have saved.

Short of spending money on a top draw back-up for Lainton, maybe at the expense of one of our attacking players, I don't know what more could be done....It's just bad luck.[/QUOTE]

Chesterfield have Jalal as first choice and Coddington on the bench.

Given Lainton’s appalling injury record I’m surprised at both giving him a 2 year deal and not having a good backup whose comfortable at this level.

Red Light 8th August 2019 15.32:37

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2279720]Id be more asking why the defence gave him the freedom of the pitch to get that shot in.[/QUOTE]

Rather than looking to blame Dibble have a look at the marking in the box for BOTH goals conceded - it simply does not exist - red shirts are in there but not picking up a man - given far too much freedom and space to get shots away.
Especially when we should have been going all out to play the game out, break it up, slow it down, disrupt momentum with barely 10 minutes to go.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.54:45.