RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Danny Ward money ? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114305-danny-ward-money.html)

Quay Red 12th August 2019 09.11:56

Re: Danny Ward money ?

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2280864]Nobody will know the full story of the Ward money, I lost faith after The January Games and its CLEARLY shown that this club is neither transparent or honest.[/QUOTE]

You are just bitter. We are probably the most transparent club in the top 5 or 6 tiers.
Just because you've lost faith it doesn't affect the 5000+ fans who will turn up and support the side.

Quay Red 12th August 2019 09.27:50

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;2280885]It was still the pinnacle under the Moss regime, the quality started to reduce once Stuart moved on during the Moss reign (you only have to see what he's achieved in the game to see how good he was) but accelerated under Trust ownership, it was they that introduced charging without consideration of other funding avenues or consideration of the impact on econonically under priveleged kids, it was on their watch that unqualified coaches were recruited without proper interviews, it was under their watch that the games program degraded. It was on their watch that people didn't bother calling clubs back when players had moved their.

The rot had undoubtedly started under Geoff, however on the Trust taking over no effort was made to steady the ship, oversight on staff effort levels got far worse, interaction between club and kids got worse. Chester have overtaken Wrexham as the best system locally, if people are happy with that then its a sad state of affairs.[/QUOTE]

Good post BV. There were financial pressures on the trust to make the club sustainable and the CoE was neglected. It will take a long time to get it up to scratch.
This is an area where external funding / investment could benefit the club and the youngsters and enhance the standing in the local community.

CRUMBS 12th August 2019 09.37:14

Just been looking on Deva Chat as i do and there's reference to Shrewsbury starting up an Academy there , they've recruited a Chester coach who's taken some young lads with him , things getting tough in the search for talent it seems .

redinsaudi 12th August 2019 10.12:34

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2280888]You are just bitter. We are probably the most transparent club in the top 5 or 6 tiers.
Just because you've lost faith it doesn't affect the 5000+ fans who will turn up and support the side.[/QUOTE]

I’m not at all bitter, so don’t go assuming please. If you think that the debacle in January was transparent then we will have to agree to disagree.

Red_Jackoisback 12th August 2019 10.31:59

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;2280885]It was still the pinnacle under the Moss regime, the quality started to reduce once Stuart moved on during the Moss reign (you only have to see what he's achieved in the game to see how good he was) but accelerated under Trust ownership, it was they that introduced charging without consideration of other funding avenues or consideration of the impact on econonically under priveleged kids, it was on their watch that unqualified coaches were recruited without proper interviews, it was under their watch that the games program degraded. It was on their watch that people didn't bother calling clubs back when players had moved their.

The rot had undoubtedly started under Geoff, however on the Trust taking over no effort was made to steady the ship, oversight on staff effort levels got far worse, interaction between club and kids got worse. Chester have overtaken Wrexham as the best system locally, if people are happy with that then its a sad state of affairs.[/QUOTE]

BV - i have personal experience of this in the period you refer to and you are absolutely bang on. There are plenty of good kids around and Wrexham is no longer the draw for talent it once was.

Inside Left 12th August 2019 11.08:58

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2280892]Good post BV. There were financial pressures on the trust to make the club sustainable and the CoE was neglected. It will take a long time to get it up to scratch.
This is an area where external funding / investment could benefit the club and the youngsters and enhance the standing in the local community.[/QUOTE]

Some clubs with successful youth set ups have had a director with dedicated responsibility to the youth system. One such man I have huge respect for was still operating in his late 70's !

GarryOggy 12th August 2019 11.49:54

[QUOTE=Nibs;2280856]Probably nothing, but I would guess he would employ people who have. Just a thought.

The situation we have at the moment is we have volunteers (who give up many hours of their time) running the club, but as far as I know they have never worked @ football clubs in the past.

When a car mechanic needs an additional employee to help keep up with the work load, does he a.) hire a guy who has worked as a baker for 15 years, or b.) hire the guy with 15 years experience of being a car mechanic?

I know who I’d want to repair my lada![/QUOTE]

I don't recall them hiring anyone who could break the TNS stranglehold. Mike Harris has been more successful.

Prodigal Dragon 12th August 2019 13.48:46

I can understand why the WST took the decision but it should have been possible to canvass local businesses for sponsorship dedicated to developing local youth and young boys. Ultimately, the club needs a better policy on this and then needs a director with passion and drive to own it and develop it.

Being outside the FL makes things very difficult but that is no excuse to neglect an essential part of the club; one that played an important part in the great team of the 70s under John Neal and, more recently, with young lads like Ward etc.

Bagger Vance 12th August 2019 14.48:01

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2280987]I can understand why the WST took the decision [B]but it should have been possible to canvass local businesses for sponsorship dedicated to developing local youth and young boys[/B]. Ultimately, the club needs a better policy on this and then needs a director with passion and drive to own it and develop it.

Being outside the FL makes things very difficult but that is no excuse to neglect an essential part of the club; one that played an important part in the great team of the 70s under John Neal and, more recently, with young lads like Ward etc.[/QUOTE]

At the time I said that we could find a sponsor, to avoid the under priveledged kids having to leave the response was "any sponsorship will be going to the first team, there will be no efforts to find a sponsor for the CoE"

Kids sell, someone who may see no value in the adults may have seen value in the kids, no one was willing to listen.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.41:20.