RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Off Field Success story (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114647-off-field-success-story.html)

brymboman 3rd October 2019 20.37:47

Re: Off Field Success story

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2302863]You get a vote with the WST whilst Spencer co-ops his pals onto the football board.

We all know who “owns” the club. It was always the aim.[/QUOTE]

This is why we need fundamental changes and not allow the same people to sit on both boards at the same time. So the Trust board can properly scrutinise the club board which I don't think it does at the moment

stevie focks 3rd October 2019 20.43:27

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2302733]Nice to see an objective rather than derisory response.
Year on year pitch repair is now our responsibility. Dug outs now meet the international standards with the technical areas etc.
With reference to your last point I am in agreement and would love to see us invest more in the youth teams.
The current situation is however not entirely of our own making (Unless you count lack of promotion as our own fault)as we no longer benefit from the EFL status for our academy and have to sign the lads on as scholars.
The EFL and premier league clubs can poach players from non league at will.

I don't believe that we couldn't find anyone to do the work of the current board but the cost may be something we are unwilling to take on board at the expense of funding the team.[/QUOTE]
The scholars are picked up as free agents by these bigger clubs as they are not payed by the club.So are free to go wherever they want.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 3rd October 2019 22.19:59

Off fieid success story....

If I'm sitting there this Winter freezing my nuts off. Watching us scrap it out with another bottom half non league team.. Possibly in a relegation battle.
I'll try to remember that... Might make me feel a bit better

pagl 3rd October 2019 22.27:13

[QUOTE=Jaded;2302842]Community shares granted people free life membership.

[url=http://wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/component/k2/item/485-members-briefing-february-2013]Members Briefing February 2013[/url][/QUOTE]

Right OK.
So anyone with £1,000 of community shares is an owner whilst it remains in the club. As per the statement below. These members are not paying annual membership fees I assume.

The accounts show £178,000 of shares so we have a maximum of 178 life members (depending on the share allocation) who can be classed as owners.

‘Remember, £1,000 of Community Shares gives you free life membership of the Trust whilst that sum remains in the Community Share account.’

WrexhamO 3rd October 2019 23.12:07

Community shareholders are listed on the wall in the club shop I think.
Look behind you next time you buy a ticket

Quay Red 4th October 2019 07.52:53

[QUOTE=pagl;2302882]Right OK.
So anyone with £1,000 of community shares is an owner whilst it remains in the club. As per the statement below. These members are not paying annual membership fees I assume.

The accounts show £178,000 of shares so we have a maximum of 178 life members (depending on the share allocation) who can be classed as owners.

‘Remember, £1,000 of Community Shares gives you free life membership of the Trust whilst that sum remains in the Community Share account.’[/QUOTE]

There is one owner . The WST.
The WST is it's members whether paying annually or through the community share scheme.
Therefore the members have a collective ownership of the club.
The constitution puts the onus on the members to administer the trust and run the club.

Foxy 4th October 2019 08.19:32

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2302856]About 5 people.[/QUOTE]

Thought it was seven ?

Hightown Brymbo Red 4th October 2019 08.31:43

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2302919]There is one owner . The WST.
The WST is it's members whether paying annually or through the community share scheme.
Therefore the members have a collective ownership of the club.
The constitution puts the onus on the members to administer the trust and run the club.[/QUOTE]

So we are not fans owned? But members owned?

Quay Red 4th October 2019 09.06:29

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2302927]So we are not fans owned? But members owned?[/QUOTE]

So. members aren't fans?? Odd.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.48:16.