RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Akil Wright - almost amazing (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113420-akil-wright-almost-amazing.html)

krux 12th February 2019 11.18:54

Re: Akil Wright - almost amazing

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2230743]:huh2::huh2::huh2:

What has he shown that makes you think he can skin a man and whip a good cross in?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why that would be an option.

I could see him physically getting the better of a full back, but I don't think there would be quality in the final ball.

Apathetic 12th February 2019 11.37:34

Remember John Walters. Couldn't hit a barn door for us. He went on to have a good career I believe. However, there were stories that his daughter was ill at the time if I remember correctly. All I am saying is we cant wright the lad off yet. Yes he's missing chances but the most difficult one, the half volley in the turn (from memory) was saved by the keeper. If his chances go in, he wouldn't be here and people would moan then.
Yes there were some awful misses, however he seems to be getting in the right place.

Prodigal Dragon 12th February 2019 11.39:12

What has he shown that makes you think he can skin a man and whip a good cross in?[/QUOTE]

Revert to Flynn’s proven 4-4-2 with just one out-and-out winger (but that requires us to either extend Tollitt’s loan or bring in someone else.

Wright is lost in the middle of the park but think he would do a job out wide.

dixienormous 12th February 2019 11.41:43

If there's one thing he can do, it's to drive forward and skin a player. He played well on the wing on loan at Barrow apparently.

jarko 12th February 2019 12.10:09

[QUOTE=WhiteKSE;2230735]Potential is there, anyone who can't see that is kidding themselves - needs polishing and time will tell if he kicks on.[/QUOTE]

Here Here, could not put it any better, he,s a powerful unit gets up and down, gets into goal scoring positions i dont see any other player in our squad doing this, ill go one further i see yozzer getting the best out of him and expect a higher team coming in for him.
all he needs is a bit of composure, it will come no doubt.

Phils-an-alki 12th February 2019 12.22:42

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2230734]Agree. Wish we would try him wide right in a 4-4-2.[/QUOTE]

Lets try Pearson on the left wing too in that case. He can't dribble either, nor has he any real pace.

Ridiculous to think he'll suddenly transform by pushing him wide.

Phils-an-alki 12th February 2019 12.24:19

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2230782]If there's one thing he can do, [B]it's to drive forward and skin a player[/B]. He played well on the wing on loan at Barrow apparently.[/QUOTE]

LOL - oh my sides. He's been keeping that in his locker since he arrived here then.

Phils-an-alki 12th February 2019 12.27:06

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2230781]Revert to Flynn’s proven 4-4-2 with just one out-and-out winger (but that requires us to either extend Tollitt’s loan or bring in someone else.

Wright is lost in the middle of the park but think he would do a job out wide.[/QUOTE]

It just gets worse.

"Lost in his natural position yet he wouldn't be out wide"

Genius!

Funny_Old_Game 12th February 2019 12.54:46

He would be even more clueless out wide. I have visions of him just smashing cross after cross as hard as he can out of the ground.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.09:46.