RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Trust board snippets (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114064-trust-board-snippets.html)

dagg 14th June 2019 17.08:17

Re: Trust board snippets

[QUOTE=fezbob;2266874]Not sure if it's worthy of a few separate threads, but there's some interesting snippets in the latest board docs posted on the WST site:

[B]'Last summer we had another successful concert with a full house for the Stereophonics, disappointingly we were not selected to host a concert for this summer despite the hard work put into trying to make this happen.'[/B]

'Negativity across social media is being noticed by the players. The board agreed on the need for comms support.'

'Manny Smith improving but no timescale on return yet'

'Discussions with FAW on Colliers Park continue'
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I thought the reason we were not having a concert this season, was due to work being done on the pitch.

LlayDragon 14th June 2019 17.11:34

[QUOTE=dagg;2267163]I thought the reason we were not having a concert this season, was due to work being done on the pitch.[/QUOTE]

Work was done on the pitch after the concert last season.

griff49 14th June 2019 17.18:24

Why am I not surprised?
Straight away the board explains something and the usual suspects are out in force. Not only are their comments predictable but extremely tedious .
Best thing they can all do is stand for the board and see if they are prepared to give the commitment and time that board members do . Constructive criticism is fine but we keep reading the same comments over and over here . No doubt it's good therapy but let's all move on please!

Hightown Brymbo Red 14th June 2019 17.22:38

[QUOTE=griff49;2267169]Why am I not surprised?
Straight away the board explains something and the usual suspects are out in force. Not only are their comments predictable but extremely tedious .
Best thing they can all do is stand for the board and see if they are prepared to give the commitment and time that board members do . Constructive criticism is fine but we keep reading the same comments over and over here . No doubt it's good therapy but let's all move on please![/QUOTE]
Board members are unelected so you cant stand for it!

robiethered 14th June 2019 17.37:56

Spot on 'Haruki'. Best post yet.

Hamilton Pathetic 14th June 2019 17.38:47

[QUOTE=pagl;2267118]Its only an opinion but based on knowing a little of some of their ways of working and also trying to apply some logic to the situation.
I think there are a couple of embarrassing decisions for the truth/apology to come out.

What possible reasons could you have for rolling out the manager knowing he wanted out of the position? They must have thought they could mitigate it later - how though. My opinion is they thought they could get DL who Barrow had said he was happy to work with and then move back to assistant later. Theory yes but I am trying to give board some credit here and not criticising just for the sake of it.

They then interviewed 3 for the job. This was kept quiet because of Wrexleaks - understandable to a point but showed a discord.

Allowing Barrow to recruit and recruit poorly was a mistake, allowing him to drop Tollitt during ill fated January was a mistake. We basically allowed the cash windfall we had to be very poorly used.
Add on top the embarrassment of a £50k bid for Rowe and it doesnt take much to work out the football decisions were poor.

It is time however to move on (yes its another from me on the subject) as there is nothing further to see here :)[/QUOTE]

Other than being oft repeated on Red Passion to denegrate the board does any one have any evidence to confirm a bid for Rowe was ever made? Love to see the proof.

Todd Sweeney 14th June 2019 17.42:06

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2267171]Board members are unelected so you cant stand for it![/QUOTE]

We’re talking about the trust board here which is elected. There’s an election on right now, in fact...

robiethered 14th June 2019 17.45:58

It only needs a few people to put in a Vote of no confidence with the WST for the next meeting and things could mushroom.

robiethered 14th June 2019 17.48:04

This is the democratic way and not hurling abuse or taking issues with family members.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.14:00.