RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ben Tollitt - To Extend or Not to Extend? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114523-ben-tollitt-extend-not-extend.html)

Phils-an-alki 16th September 2019 11.53:25

Re: Ben Tollitt - To Extend or Not to Extend?

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2293963][B]Like Ruthers[/B], Tollitt is an effective impact sub when defenders are leggy with half an hour to go.

[/QUOTE]

:bulb:

:crampe::crampe:

Phils-an-alki 16th September 2019 11.54:17

Not convinced by him but I doubt we can get better at the moment. Who would want to sign for us right now?

Ooh aah Paskin 16th September 2019 11.56:06

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2293968]Not convinced by him but I doubt we can get better at the moment. Who would want to sign for us right now?[/QUOTE]

Rutherford would gladly sign an extension.... ;)

El Jonez 16th September 2019 11.56:35

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2293967]:bulb:

:crampe::crampe:[/QUOTE]

You clearly missed the impact Ruthers had on Saturday.

Oh and against Halifax when Ruthers was on the pitch for 2 mins before sliding the ball to Harris for the only goal of the game.

Hometown Unicorn 16th September 2019 11.58:33

Good option off the bench, but none of our players look any good under this regime. I don't think the answer is letting players like Tollitt go while we have the likes of Rutherford on the books.

rob_1072 16th September 2019 11.58:36

Save the money for his wages for next season since looks like Hughes is staying.

Phils-an-alki 16th September 2019 11.58:59

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2293972]You clearly missed the impact Ruthers had on Saturday.

Oh and against Halifax when Ruthers was on the pitch for 2 mins before sliding the ball to Harris for the only goal of the game.[/QUOTE]

By impact you mean he ran about a lot but ultimately achieved nothing, as is the usual with him.

I'm sure you'll dine out on that one assist this season for many months to come. What are his assist and goals scored stats like if we're going down that road.... oh yeah, they're abysmal.

El Jonez 16th September 2019 12.04:36

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2293975]By impact you mean he ran about a lot but ultimately achieved nothing, as is the usual with him.

I'm sure you'll dine out on that one assist this season for many months to come. What are his assist and goals scored stats like if we're going down that road.... oh yeah, they're abysmal.[/QUOTE]

Ruthers is not the answer for a promotion chasing team. But he is a team player (not an individual) and what you get with him is 100% effort every game without fail.

Wasn't Ruthers [B]The Assist King[/B] last season or the one previous? I don't have the stats but recall someone posting them.

I think he used to take the corners that Pearson and Manny often nodded home.

Funny_Old_Game 16th September 2019 12.07:03

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2293968]Not convinced by him but I doubt we can get better at the moment. Who would want to sign for us right now?[/QUOTE]

We turn decent players to shite, this is well documented.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.05:53.