RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ricketts and Darlington (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114533-ricketts-darlington.html)

Loughboroughred 19th September 2019 07.09:22

Re: Ricketts and Darlington

I don't care what anyone says about Ricketts. He was a fantastic appointment and had us top of the league before he left. I have no doubt that if he stayed we would of won the league. I think Ricketts didn't utilise Darlington at all. He knew what he wanted and Darlington wasn't apart of that.

Phils-an-alki 19th September 2019 07.59:22

[QUOTE=sparky;2295057]They really should stop drinking the home made ale in the village. He will end up getting banned, again.[/QUOTE]

What was his last username again?

cynprifathro 19th September 2019 11.39:47

Ricketts looked the part and was a good appointment. Darlington and the former 'lager club clique' on a so called board are the nub of the problem at this club! Harris, Mills and Jones - the fingers are pointing at you!

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 19th September 2019 15.44:02

[QUOTE=pagl;2295065]GGGG, How did Oswell get away if we signed him in Jan?
He hasn’t made much of an impression anyway IMO but opinion is divided as Pearson appeared to want him in the team with his comment about winning the 1st ball and not 2nd ball unless I got the wrong drift from him.
Some reports say he didn’t win a header yet some say he won most of them!
Will need to watch it again - ohhhhh the thought. Wont help with recovery at all.

I like most of your posts and you have info that is interesting but not sure what’s being said here.[/QUOTE]

Wanted him in the summer rather than January, missed out and the spin machine started up again. Basically despite it being common knowledge to a lot of people he apparently didn't want to go full time.

What he's done or not done has nothing to do with the point I was making. :)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 19th September 2019 15.46:12

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2295060]So if Darlington was sacked and he had his full time coach to pump the balls up because it was beneath Barrow he would have turned down Shrewsbury?[/QUOTE]

I'd say so, most stick around to get some success on the CV, Ricketts knew promotion was a good possibility, hence his requests.

billybersham 19th September 2019 17.10:40

[QUOTE=Loughboroughred;2295074]I don't care what anyone says about Ricketts. He was a fantastic appointment and had us top of the league before he left. I have no doubt that if he stayed we would of won the league. I think Ricketts didn't utilise Darlington at all. He knew what he wanted and Darlington wasn't apart of that.[/QUOTE]

I care.Ricketts was dictated to just like Keates by Darlington/Harris.Facts my friend.

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 19th September 2019 18.40:47

[QUOTE=billybersham;2295169]I care.Ricketts was dictated to just like Keates by Darlington/Harris.Facts my friend.[/QUOTE]

Name 3 things that were dictated

Huffy 19th September 2019 18.52:08

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2295155]I'd say so, most stick around to get some success on the CV, Ricketts knew promotion was a good possibility, hence his requests.[/QUOTE]

Thats just your opinion - I expect also , the chance to manage a League 1 club that had only just missed promotion to the Championship the season before ,was too good a lure also! More money certainly

blackbrookred 19th September 2019 18.58:40

[QUOTE=Huffy;2295178]Thats just your opinion - I expect also , the chance to manage a League 1 club that had only just missed promotion to the Championship the season before ,was too good a lure also! More money certainly[/QUOTE]

Trebled his wages.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.51:56.