RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Next Generation of Fans (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118254-next-generation-fans.html)

Connahs_Quay_Red 11th September 2021 19.20:19

Next Generation of Fans

Wanted to post this whilst fresh in mind. I think the club needs to do more for younger kids on match day. First game I've attended today with my 5 year old and couple of observations:-

- why don't we have a mascot anymore? Can we roll out Rocky or Wrex again?
- access to food and drink is abysmal (this obviously applies to adults aswell). Not a dig at staff who are clearly trying their best, but we are understaffed, massively.
- I was in WrexRent (not a family area I know) but grown men all over quite happily standing up in front of kids who them cant see throguhout the whole game- not great

As a a club, we need to capitalise on this moment and do a bit more to make the kids wanr to go back.

fezbob 11th September 2021 19.23:31

Re: Next Generation of Fans

I’m sure there was a rumour that the Wrex outfit has gone missing.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Redted 11th September 2021 19.26:24

[QUOTE=Connahs_Quay_Red;2513543]Wanted to post this whilst fresh in mind. I think the club needs to do more for younger kids on match day. First game I've attended today with my 5 year old and couple of observations:-

- why don't we have a mascot anymore? Can we roll out Rocky or Wrex again?
- access to food and drink is abysmal (this obviously applies to adults aswell). Not a dig at staff who are clearly trying their best, but we are understaffed, massively.
- I was in WrexRent (not a family area I know) but grown men all over quite happily standing up in front of kids who them cant see throguhout the whole game- not great

As a a club, we need to capitalise on this moment and do a bit more to make the kids wanr to go back.[/QUOTE]

I was in the Wrexrent and there were loads of young blokes just standard infront of any old seat. There was an older chap in his 70's who couldn't get into his seat as a another bloke had taken his place. He ended up standing infront of an empty seat. The stewards did nothing to try and get the old fellas seat back so he could take his rightful seat. Not good.

Connahs_Quay_Red 11th September 2021 19.28:52

Yeah I saw a bit of that, there were some elderly fans there today who weren't shown an ounce of respect.

I saw one steward in WrexRent today.

Inside Left 11th September 2021 19.34:56

[QUOTE=fezbob;2513547]I’m sure there was a rumour that the Wrex outfit has gone missing.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I keep looking for it on eBay - If it is just a costume of course.

Might be a real Dragon and is living in a cave up in Minera. Could have had his nose put out by the new CEO.

Its time we had a statement from the club or is it just a cheap TV stunt by RR.

fezbob 11th September 2021 19.37:42

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2513561]I keep looking for it on eBay - If it is just a costume of course.

Might be a real Dragon and is living in a cave up in Minera. Could have had his nose put out by the new CEO.

Its time we had a statement from the club or is it just a cheap TV stunt by RR.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it’s hidden with the ancient Roman relics in Rossett? Think I saw one on the publicity pics this week.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

redknight 11th September 2021 21.00:58

I thought given how prominent mascots are in American sports this is something they would push as part of the match day experience..
Not sure how old the suit was but may well have been replaced or club are looking at revamp

RedArmy123 11th September 2021 21.21:44

If you’re going to the game as a family, I simply cannot see why you’d go behind the goal

Cookie 11th September 2021 21.29:15

I spoke to the fella who (shhh don't tell the kids) usually wears the costume.
He told me it's not allowed due to covid, didn't mention it going missing.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.09:53.