RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The Hotel Factor (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118298-hotel-factor.html)

Back of the Kop 19th September 2021 19.40:00

Re: The Hotel Factor

Professional clubs higher up the pyramid stay in hotels the night before games. It's called preparation. That's the level we aspire to be at in the very near future.

Or shall we ram players into cars and get them to the ground an hour before kick off to save a few quid ?

This thread is mental.

Teifi Red 19th September 2021 21.10:34

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2517274]I think MichaelP is a junior IT manager for Travelodge, hence his interest in both areas.;)[/QUOTE]

How has he managed to cope with all these issues regarding the club prior to joining this forum I wonder? He’s like a constipated child who’s been given something to unblock themselves.

MichaelP 19th September 2021 21.33:56

[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2517299]The next time I go on holiday:

There is no point in having a hotel room, I will instead commute from home each day. It obviously affects my ability to have a good time.

Those extra hours on the beach or in a nightclub would be much better spent travelling.

Not.[/QUOTE]

Derailing the thread - despite being asked politely not to.

TheRealWelshWayne 19th September 2021 21.42:42

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2517334]Derailing the thread - despite being asked politely not to.[/QUOTE]

Why would I care what a shrews fan thinks?

MichaelP 19th September 2021 22.42:55

Page 2
[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2515689]One of the 31[/QUOTE]

Page 20
[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2517340]Why would I care what a shrews fan thinks?[/QUOTE]

I have asked you politely not to derail the thread so wish to pick you up on a couple of your quotes on this thread on pages 2 and 20.

You getting confused? I’m one of the 31 and now I’m a shrews fan less than a week apart.

I could in fact be both?

For example, So I attended the Solihull v Wrexham match and Shrewsbury v Plymouth match both kick off times of 3pm. Wow I must be good to be at both matches. Have I any proof of this? Yes but it will be circumstantial.

Guess it’s late I will let you get to bed and also it’s been a long few days for you integrating me on here. Big day tomorrow for you I suspect for you to derail this thread and pick faults.

Enjoy your well earned rest.

Michael

MichaelP 20th September 2021 05.13:54

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2517312]Professional clubs higher up the pyramid stay in hotels the night before games. It's called preparation. That's the level we aspire to be at in the very near future.

Or shall we ram players into cars and get them to the ground an hour before kick off to save a few quid ?

This thread is mental.[/QUOTE]

Or another analogy could be:

Make the journey by [B] coach [/B]to the ground of the team you are playing and return the same day?

You mention preparation. Most weeks the team has had 5 / 6 days of preparation for the game. By having an overnight stay you are automatically opening yourself up for disaster / criticism. Where as if you make the journey on the day of the game you are avoiding this subject.

Could we avoid having an overnight stay in Stockport and Aldershot and take it from there? See how we get on.

Stockport will certainly be aware of our antics and will pump themselves up even more.

MichaelP 20th September 2021 05.31:43

[QUOTE=Haruki;2517296]An overnight stay prior to Stockport can achieve the following
- [B]Control[/B] the players meal the night before the game
- [B]Control[/B] the players food the day of the game
- provide an opportunity for a tactical briefing the night before
- provide an opportunity for a tactical briefing the morning of
- give players access to the clubs physio
- players with young families may get a more peaceful nights sleep away from small children[/QUOTE]

Controlling the players is not always a good thing.

And your entire post please can I refer you in direction of another poster on here’s contribution earlier in the thread.

[QUOTE=Wrexy;2516147]A couple of years ago we went for a weekend in Norwich and unbeknown to us Spurs were staying there prior to playing the following evening.

Mourinho was in charge and it was eye opening seeing how Prem teams prepare for games. All of the players were locked into the hotel ballroom with the biggest TV I've ever seen in my life watching endless videos and going through tactics. All meals were served in that room.

They would emerge like square eyed zombies to go for a team walk around the hotel grounds with Jose at the front.

Did it work for Spurs? not really [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ECdi_2XT0[/url]

I'd love to know what PP does with the players during these overnights. All I've seen so far are team walks along the Prom in Southend.[/QUOTE]

TheRealWelshWayne 20th September 2021 05.32:34

[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2516068]Ever since I originally signed up to redpassion (before rob owned it) there has always been wind ups and people with grudges. Remember one guy trying to cause trouble all because he got sacked from J R Boyle and hated everything to do with club because Boyle's advertised on the next game board.

We've always had nearer club's fans posing at wrexham fans trying to cause rows.

And we've always had people with grudges having a go at the owners trying also to cause disharmony.

Wrexham is now world famous and fans across the country are jealous, they will come on here too.

We also have a group of wrexham fans (some of 31) which want to make our owners unwelcome.

And of course there is some ill feeling by friends of ex staff.

It's going to be more common.

There are enough moans on RP that any of the above can spend ten minutes, put together a list, start a thread and cause more disharmony.

RP users need to be wary, especially after a draw or loss, that the above will try to capitalise.[/QUOTE]

Need to be careful.

louisleftboot 20th September 2021 06.01:04

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2517362]Controlling the players is not always a good thing.

And your entire post please can I refer you in direction of another poster on here’s contribution earlier in the thread.[/QUOTE]

Why are still fighting about something that is well established in professional football teams? It’s not suddenly crap because Mourinho’s Spurs drew with Norwich. Pretty much every EPL does it. By your logic there should be no away wins in the EPL.

It’s going to be happening a lot this season, and In the future. You should probably let this lie now. There have been plenty of reasons given why we do it, it’s just your own personal bias now.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.41:15.