RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Talking crap to the media! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110876-talking-crap-media.html)

onelegged harry 26th November 2017 10.27:22

Re: Talking crap to the media!

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2090864]If the rumours are true then Boden is off in January.[/QUOTE]

What rumours?Tell us what you know.

John Neals Dynasty 26th November 2017 10.35:30

Tranmere
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

RED2309 26th November 2017 10.56:11

My big problem with Reid is that he never looks to play anybody else in always takes the shot.

TaidTom 26th November 2017 12.33:59

[QUOTE=RED2309;2090879]My big problem with Reid is that he never looks to play anybody else in always takes the shot.[/QUOTE]

That's a problem, though strikers do need to have that selfish streak. My biggest problem was his reluctance to do anything of any value. He did run a bit more against Solihull, but deliberately to no effect whatsoever. Making it look like he was closing down a defender, but with no intention of putting his foot in there. He was simply having a bit of a workout with the sole aim of not getting hurt. Working hard is not quite the same as working effectively.

noisy1 26th November 2017 13.03:24

I'm of the opinion that for a striker it is just as important to know when you can't score and keep your foot on the ball to retain possession or more importantly play a teammate in who is better positioned to score.
So many times you will see a selfish striker at the near post fire straight at the keeper when a simple eight yard, square pass will see his strike partner have a simple tap in.

There is no I in team!

Hampshire Red 26th November 2017 13.24:13

[QUOTE=Sussex Red;2090847]Yes, he had a golden one-on-one chance to equalise just a minute before Aldershot got their second yesterday and scuffed it wide.

He simply wasn't interested in competing in the air or going in for any reasonable tackles.

[B]He also got in the way of Holroyd when a glorious cross was put in from Wedgbury, resulting in a half chance. [/B]Holroyd rightly shouted at him!

Send him back. We've had enough of each other!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I had forgotten this one. Had the ball got through to Holroyd I think he would have had 75% chance of scoring. It just shows what fine margins there were. I also thought he could have done more to pressurise their keeper when he got a back pass. He did this a couple of times and the keeper miskicked, giving us possession. For some reason Reid stopped doing this and looked disinterested. Another opportunity lost.

pagl 26th November 2017 13.48:54

[QUOTE=davewilli;2090849]To be fair to the players being joint top, after 21 games, is walking the walk, especially when many on here consistently rubbish individuals and written them off as a team

What do expect the players to say in the media, "We are doing ok at the minute, but we are not sure we are good enough for a promotion push and we need some better players".

I know you are desperate for the club to succeeed but has anyone at the club not said we are not going to strengthen again in January, hasn't that been the plan all along, but saying it every day won't bring it sooner.[/QUOTE]

We still have a number of players underachieving each week and the talk is suddenly we are going to click. Its not going to happen.

Very pleased with our top 3 position but Jan is crucial to consolidating it for 2nd half. Just hope DK has it all lined up :)

t1954 26th November 2017 14.20:04

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2090840]They are just crap players pal.[/QUOTE]

This my big worry with Keates, no sign he know how to sign a good striker and once he does find one will he know how to use him. Current tactics will make no difference any how who he signs.

NottsRed 26th November 2017 19.38:30

[QUOTE=onelegged harry;2090868]What rumours?Tell us what you know.[/QUOTE]

Being released. Its been mentioned on here as well by another person. TBH im 50 / 50 on it. Person i know that it comes from has got quite a few things right that he has told us but we will have to see. Part of me wonders if its down to who Keates thinks he can get in. If he can get better in and gets Boden off of the wage bill id be more than happy.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.55:03.