RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113846-junior-footballers-miss-out-playing-racecourse-due-play-offs.html)

Alan Attack 30th April 2019 09.52:26

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252719]Oh yes you do.

What do you think I could possibly do Alan?

[/QUOTE]

1. I genuinely don’t; not on this case.

2. Rattle a few cages. Work on changing and improving the public face of the youth set up and other such areas of the club.

Danny Boy 30th April 2019 10.11:00

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

[quote=Phils-an-alki;2252707]Sh!t. I didn't realise it was the PO final weekend. Bugger.[/quote]

On Sunday though yeah? Still a potential problem if you planned to stay over though I guess.

I'm sure it's normally on a Saturday so at least common sense has been applied a little.

TaidTom 30th April 2019 10.12:09

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2252703]Not surprised Druids have come to the rescue. Gtreat club.[/QUOTE]

Little consolation to the kids, but also a great playing surface.

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 10.22:05

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2252726]1. I genuinely don’t; not on this case.

2. Rattle a few cages. Work on changing and improving the public face of the youth set up and other such areas of the club.[/QUOTE]

1. I was joking there Al, I really don't want to argue contrary to what people may think.

2. Tried that with the bubble and other things such as the catering, food and prices being charged. Got absolutely nowhere.
I was in dialogue with the board for months. Got fobbed off, got politicians non answers, tried and tried to get them to answer some basic questions but in the end they sent me a load of email addresses to contact (the final fob off), contacted them all, didn't get one reply. Gave up after that because I felt I'd just completely wasted my time.
Probably still got the email chains somewhere.

A totally demoralising experience that left me thinking why bother. Its why I get annoyed sometimes when people point the finger saying 'do something about it then' not having a clue that I actually have tried previously and got nowhere. Just some straight answers would have helped but even that's too much to ask.
They really aren't transparent in my experience, as when you ask some tough questions the shutters come down.

Now I have far more important things to concern my time with like my children and I simply don't have the time or energy anymore. RP is great for me though, because I can still vent if I feel the need.

Anyway I'm ruining the thread so I'll shut up now. :)

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 10.24:38

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2252730]On Sunday though yeah? Still a potential problem if you planned to stay over though I guess.

I'm sure it's normally on a Saturday so at least common sense has been applied a little.[/QUOTE]

Yes mate defo on the Sunday according to his manager anyway.

I'll still go if we reach the PO final just means I'll have to drive there and back in a day. Not ideal but I might have done that anyway.

Alan Attack 30th April 2019 11.13:01

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252734]1. I was joking there Al, I really don't want to argue contrary to what people may think.

2. Tried that with the bubble and other things such as the catering, food and prices being charged. Got absolutely nowhere.
I was in dialogue with the board for months. Got fobbed off, got politicians non answers, tried and tried to get them to answer some basic questions but in the end they sent me a load of email addresses to contact (the final fob off), contacted them all, didn't get one reply. Gave up after that because I felt I'd just completely wasted my time.
Probably still got the email chains somewhere.

A totally demoralising experience that left me thinking why bother. Its why I get annoyed sometimes when people point the finger saying 'do something about it then' not having a clue that I actually have tried previously and got nowhere. Just some straight answers would have helped but even that's too much to ask.
They really aren't transparent in my experience, as when you ask some tough questions the shutters come down.

Now I have far more important things to concern my time with like my children and I simply don't have the time or energy anymore. RP is great for me though, because I can still vent if I feel the need.

Anyway I'm ruining the thread so I'll shut up now. :)[/QUOTE]

It’s seemingly a catch 22 position for you and others. To influence change you need to get behind the “iron curtain” but it’s having that time and I more than appreciate that it’s difficult with young kids

Junior Shabadoo 30th April 2019 12.15:39

On the face of it we have received a reasonable explanation for this. The problem is there was also a reasonable explanation for the Inclusion Football Club leaving WFC. And when the women’s team pulled out of the Premier League a few years ago. And why we can’t possibly invest more in our youth system or allow those within it a proper pathway to the first team. And why we can’t give the DSA the second platform the way they want it. And once you see enough seemingly reasonable explanations for stuff like that you can only wonder why nobody is looking beyond the end of the first team nose to stop all this stuff happening.

fezbob 30th April 2019 12.25:11

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2252759]On the face of it we have received a reasonable explanation for this. The problem is there was also a reasonable explanation for the Inclusion Football Club leaving WFC. And when the women’s team pulled out of the Premier League a few years ago. And why we can’t possibly invest more in our youth system or allow those within it a proper pathway to the first team. And why we can’t give the DSA the second platform the way they want it. And once you see enough seemingly reasonable explanations for stuff like that you can only wonder why nobody is looking beyond the end of the first team nose to stop all this stuff happening.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there seems to have been little planning going on beyond getting into the league. Don't get me wrong, that is everyone's main desire and will bring lots of extra funding with it, but to ignore other important parts of our development until then seems foolhardy. Especially when it comes to the youth system, who knows what we'll actually be left with if/when we reach the promised land.

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 12.25:55

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2252749]It’s seemingly a catch 22 position for you and others. To influence change you need to get behind the “iron curtain” but it’s having that time and I more than appreciate that it’s difficult with young kids[/QUOTE]

And when you look at the voting clique that exists, where only a tiny percentage of fans vote who are all in the same circle i.e. the boards, you could be the second coming riding into town carrying an endless pot of gold whilst sipping wrexham lager from the holy grail and still not have a hope in hells chance.
Unless more fans start voting then not much will change sadly.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.53:22.