RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114472-tunnocks-caramel-wafer-cup-r4-draw.html)

dixienormous 10th September 2019 18.27:52

Re: Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw

The never ending nightmare continues...

Red Light 10th September 2019 19.55:07

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2291599]Proved to me we need to be playing our reserve team in another league like the old Flodlit Cup or similar .[/QUOTE]

We do which would benefit the playing side - I assume all avenues have been explored and it's not affordable or there isn't a suitable local / regional league we could enter.

Years ago there was always a feature on the then reserve team, match reports and league standings in the match day programme - how times have changed.

Doesn't seem so long ago I remember watching our reserve side play Tranmere Rovers reserves at Globe Way, Buckley - there was even a free raffle on stadium admission - exciting times !

gresford red 10th September 2019 21.00:43

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2291599]Proved to me we need to be playing our reserve team in another league like the old Flodlit Cup or similar .[/QUOTE]

The floodlit league, wow your showing your age. My dad played for Wrexham reserves in the floodlit league mid 60's.

Brinster 10th September 2019 21.09:49

[QUOTE=gresford red;2291635]The floodlit league, wow your showing your age. My dad played for Wrexham reserves in the floodlit league mid 60's.[/QUOTE]

In those days we also had Wrexham A playing in the Welsh National League Wrexham Area.

RedArmy123 10th September 2019 21.19:21

Laughable competition. The fact we’re playing St Mirren kids instead of a televised game against Chesterfield with a decent crowd is a royal pain in the arse. Stick it in midweek or on a Sunday on Lex

southcoastexpress 10th September 2019 23.48:20

[QUOTE=Brinster;2291639]In those days we also had Wrexham A playing in the Welsh National League Wrexham Area.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that Wrexham B in the WNL?

The Reserves played in the Cheshire League and Wrexham A played in the Welsh League(North).

But that was probably in the days before the Northern Floodlit League came into being.

pagl 11th September 2019 05.36:44

Another round.... The real question is this cost effective?
Great that 400 Ayr fans attended in the 1,600 crowd to boost revenue.

What was the price? £10 per adult or full?
Average price either £9 or £6 so its about £15k or £10k.
Take out expenses and Ayr’s cut then is it worth it?

We now lose £6k TV fees as well. The only good thing is fringe players getting a game.

krux 11th September 2019 06.43:34

[QUOTE=Rhosymedre Red;2291598]It would be tough on the St Mirren supporters if they moved to midweek. I can see the Chesterfield being moved.[/QUOTE]

not tough on the Chesterfield fans then?

I know Chesterfield is a little bit closer......but there will be far more of them..

sparky 11th September 2019 07.15:08

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2291560]We are in the competition, we can't do anything about it so no point moaning about it really. This is instead of the reserve league everyone wanted.

In ten years all this will just be a pub quiz question.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember a reserve game taking precedence over a league game.

If there is any chnace of playing both games over the same weekend then that must happen. If that upsets the jocks then so be it. You never know, they may complain and with a bif if luck we get chucked out.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.35:10.