RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Cod almighty (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118269-cod-almighty.html)

BuckleyDerbyRob 13th September 2021 09.59:38

Re: Cod almighty

[QUOTE=les.gtfc;2514167]Well, he served his purpose of getting a reaction.

The author is well known for winding fans of other teams up, but at the end of the day it's all done as a bit of fun. Anyone who has read one of his match reports will know to take anything he writes with a very large pinch of salt.

Safe journey to all those travelling tomorrow, hope you enjoy the day but not the result.[/QUOTE]

I quite liked it and can't see anything in it for people to take offence with.

Harmless fan banter to me and long may it continue between us and decent fans of other clubs.

Prodigal Dragon 13th September 2021 11.16:00

The author is well known for winding fans of other teams up, but at the end of the day it's all done as a bit of fun. Anyone who has read one of his match reports will know to take anything he writes with a very large pinch of salt.

Safe journey to all those travelling tomorrow, hope you enjoy the day but not the result.[/QUOTE]

Too true.

I once walked out of Mr Steele’s after a lovely plaice, chips, mushy peas, bread & butter, and pot of tea and saw the culture that is Cleethorpes: some lout had disposed of a half-eaten tub of ice cream and there was a definite furry top to it!:eek:

Enjoy the game but wear your wellies as it will be very wet with lots of sheep leaping about.;)

short_gog 13th September 2021 11.52:29

well bless the inbred yellow bellies, they can't dis Lincoln as they are out of sight of them now, and Boston will be zipping up past them shortly so have a go at us eh!

At least we play in our own town............ the Divvy stadium is closer to Wrexham than Blunder Park is to grimsby now toodle off and grumble to your other half duck (could be his mother/sister/wife - probably all 3 at once) in Claxby Pluckacre and let us concentrate on our sheep

Then again they have a Miami Beach and a New York in t'shire, so who are we to comment on such a lovely place - and don't get me started on the miles and miles of sandy beaches they have, Moggs Eye is a particular favourite (just don't get near the water!)

PS thought that was quite amusing an article to be honest :)

fezbob 13th September 2021 12.06:06

The author was clearly having a laugh. Not sure why people have bitten so badly.

-luke 13th September 2021 12.24:57

[QUOTE=fezbob;2514355]The author was clearly having a laugh. Not sure why people have bitten so badly.[/QUOTE]

Probably because it wasn't particularly funny... Poor execution

Cenotaff 13th September 2021 12.33:14

The blog has always had a sarcy way but there's a little whiff of bitterness in there this time.

fezbob 13th September 2021 12.43:27

[QUOTE=-luke;2514374]Probably because it wasn't particularly funny... Poor execution[/QUOTE]

I’m afraid we’re going to be on the receiving end of much worse than this so time to sit tight and buckle up.

I also think by getting wound up we may just be giving the author what they want.

You see it in certain national newspapers where columnists deliberately go out of their way to wind up Welsh nationalists on Twitter. 9/10 times they get exactly what they want in terms of people clicking on the article and commenting.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

jonesfach 13th September 2021 12.44:55

:)

Redpensioner 13th September 2021 14.35:28

I don't know if he was taking the piss or feeling sorry for us, but he forgot to say that every fan in Grim-sby would grasp what we have with both hands.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.44:47.