Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th May 2017, 12.15:50   #28-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ifor Williams to be next years kit sponsor?! Leaked by the leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyf View Post
Glad the logo isn't too big, was afraid it would ruin the look of the kit but if that's anything to go by it looks great
Old 27th May 2017, 12.59:24   #29-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynprifathro View Post
Well done Ivor Williams!
Seconded - I hear there are more than a few Wrexham supporters working there as well!
Old 27th May 2017, 18.17:04   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Pad View Post
Mint condition though!
Aha....Two days later....I get it..........It was a Polo shirt.,..
Old 27th May 2017, 20.04:15   #31-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mold road

There are a number of us that work in Ifor Williams and are pleased the company sponsor Wrexham, others are not so happy but you can't please everyone I'm sure there are people working in factories all round wrexham would like their bosses to sponsor the team but the chances of meeting the people that matter never happens, we are quite lucky that the link from shopfloor to the owners is made up of Wrexham supporters.
Old 27th May 2017, 22.07:23   #32-0 (permalink)
User

Racecourse Spot: Paddock of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlyd View Post
There are a number of us that work in Ifor Williams and are pleased the company sponsor Wrexham, others are not so happy but you can't please everyone I'm sure there are people working in factories all round wrexham would like their bosses to sponsor the team but the chances of meeting the people that matter never happens, we are quite lucky that the link from shopfloor to the owners is made up of Wrexham supporters.
heard bad things about how they treat production staff, no contracts, poor wages, instances of being dismissed for things such as stuck in the snow for being late, is this true?
Old 27th May 2017, 22.28:30   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Don't like knocking a company sponsoring WFC. But my lad had a job in the Cynwyd factory, few years ago...Wasn't allowed to park his car on company property, and reckoned the place was horrendous...

Stuck it for 2days.....
Old 27th May 2017, 23.32:06   #34-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddockgraham View Post
heard bad things about how they treat production staff, no contracts, poor wages, instances of being dismissed for things such as stuck in the snow for being late, is this true?
Yes, it's biting them on the ar*e currently. Full timers getting preferential treatment too, like free Wrexham shirts while agency workers got nothing which is a big no no legally. Even worse when some have been there for as long as 5 years and been offered nothing permanent.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 27th May 2017 at 23.36:27..
Old 28th May 2017, 06.58:09   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mold road

There are always two sides to a story, I have worked in cynwyd for 15 years as have a number of men , one guy finished on Friday been there 40 years ,it is very true they are not the most sympathetic to individual needs but to say it's horrendous is a bit of an overstatement,to say full timers get preferential treatment is far from the truth, with the shirts it's where do you stop the owners bought 1200 shirts for the men , the agency lads are employed by Gap not Ifors, the issue as I see it is some lads don't want to travel 30 / 40 minutes to work , can't understand the timekeeping rules of the company and would rather just stroll in when they like, there are some very good agency workers in the factory And are truly deserving of full time employment and we can't understand the company's thinking, the sponsorship is a separate issue to how the company is run,and all I know is the owners are pleased to do it , I've heard all the stories from quite a few people on why they do it, tax reasons and the like but I genuinely believe they do it for the right reasons.
Old 29th May 2017, 23.20:31   #36-0 (permalink)
User

Racecourse Spot: Paddock of course

they do it to avoid redundancy payments, pension payments, sick pay, and can sack people on the spot with no comeback. Contracts will soon be a thing of the past in production work.

Not the best pay there either.

They are not allowed by law to give anything more to a permanent worker than a temporary one, although the law is not enforced in employment much anymore under the last 2 governments, its like it or lump it

The lad I knew was only 19, fought his way through that really bad snow we had around the F.A Trophy final, made it there somehow after a couple of hours in treacherous conditions over 20 miles, only to be told at end of shift don't come back tommorrow.

Not a great company for us to be associated with community wise based on its ethics.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.32:52.