Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd December 2017, 18.12:54   #55-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Job done ( Maidenhead reaction )

We looked our usual solid self at the back.
A massive squeaky bum moment first half when Jennings badly misplaced a back pass from which they really should have scored. One of several instances where he gave away cheap possession.
Wedgbury was indeed everywhere - those training vests they wear that record details and distance travelled would make interesting reading - he took some punishment today with a number of very heavy tackles and fouls - I would give him MOTM.
The wide men were relatively quiet although some decent crosses were put into the box.
Where would we be if not for Holroyd's goals ?
Boden was a vast improvement on Reid - comes across as a very clever player with decent control and some very nice laying off of the ball bringing team mates into the play. Felt for him with that missed header but it was just too high for him to get on the end of it properly.
Good well timed substitutions - protecting Holroyd and giving Wedgbury a break from the hammering he had been taking.
Same old format that we should be used to by now - we seem to sit so far back and almost invite pressure - thankfully there were few clear chances if any - Dunn made a decent save first half pushing the ball out wide to his right - other than that they didn't look dangerous and clinical infront of goal (much like us).
3 welcome points -as the OP stated 'job done'.
Old 2nd December 2017, 19.01:07   #56-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Wedgbury just shaded MOTM for me. He was absolutely everywhere, and his tackling and positional play was superb. First goal wouldn't have happened without his tenacity.
Posted via mobile theme
Agree completely. I enjoyed Boden's performance and agreed with the view Jennings can play far better. If you watch him and Boden, Jennings is very good at crossing to him. I think this could be productive in future.

I thought Kelly worked very hard but he doesn't create enough for me. His passing is often very simple, to someone with less chance of making a decent pass than him.

I think there is a little bit more to come from Mackreth, a tad sharper and he could be a good ball carrier and the cross he made that Boden missed with was a cracker.

I think we may be back to Wright and Wedgbury for Macc.
Old 2nd December 2017, 19.07:58   #57-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Royal Box

Carrington did well when he came on
Old 2nd December 2017, 19.12:46   #58-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

Thought the boys did ok today.joint top.what more can we ask for.more Goals obviously.but doing ok.
Old 2nd December 2017, 19.17:04   #59-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: yale stand or behind dugouts

Dunn needs to catch the ball in the air instead of letting it bounce doesnt inspire confidence at all, makes defence nervous and crowd.
Old 2nd December 2017, 19.19:33   #60-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Jennings was awful before, and after the goal. While he gave us all a heart attack moment, he recovered with a goal which gave us all assurance. Shame that he let himself down with a needless booking at the end.

Wedgbury and the two CBs were outstanding today. If Wedge can keep that sort of performance up, I'd make a good case for us to go with the same midfield next Saturday.

Glad to see Boden having a decent game too. Him and Holroyd click well together and Massanka works off the bench when trying to see out a game.

Our most comfortable performance of the season overall. Hope we take this in our stride.

Last edited by Hometown Unicorn; 2nd December 2017 at 19.20:41..
Old 2nd December 2017, 19.34:10   #61-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Thought Boden brought alot of players into play high up the pitch. Held the ball up well and made alot of runs in behind not picked up by Kelly who I like but often takes an extra touch and needs to give the strikers a better chance with the quicker ball. Holroyd is finding form and his finishing is very good given that we are not set up as an expansive unit.
Old 2nd December 2017, 19.50:03   #62-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

I do wish Dunn would come off his line and claim the ball, i am having those Mayebi moments again.........
Old 2nd December 2017, 20.06:38   #63-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Pretty sure I saw the mystery man from the Fat Boar photo walking through the media room after the game.
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.42:54.