Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd January 2018, 11.25:37   #109-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre
Twitter: @

Default Re: For the love of God Keates, sign...

I think Millar has the raw makings of a very good footballer. He's got good awareness and positional sense and also shows good strength on the ball for a young lad. You can certainly see why he has been scoring goals at the levels he has been playing at.

At the end of the day he is 19 and still has a lot to learn, but I think this lad possibly has a big future ahead of him.

Its a shame we are unable to secure his services for much longer, as he could prove to be something a bit special in years to come (that said, I seem to remember saying something similar about Jonathon Cross one drunken night!!)
Old 2nd January 2018, 11.38:00   #110-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelltown View Post
Dixie, you posted a few weeks ago in your opinion Miller would get us goals. He did not oblige. Now you are saying you doubt we'll get much better than him. It seems you are already resigned to accepting somebody who will not score.
The lad creates chances for himself and probably should have a few goals to his name, he was very unlucky not to score yesterday. He reminds me of a young Danny Wright and it's clear to see why he's playing at a higher level. If he was here until the end of the season I think he'd probably get about ten goals.
Old 2nd January 2018, 12.30:57   #111-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
The lad creates chances for himself and probably should have a few goals to his name, he was very unlucky not to score yesterday. He reminds me of a young Danny Wright and it's clear to see why he's playing at a higher level. If he was here until the end of the season I think he'd probably get about ten goals.
lol, the way we are set up I'd be surprised if the whole team scores ten goals between them before the end of the season!
Old 2nd January 2018, 12.31:40   #112-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Although Coddington would be great, I'd like to see Dibble being given another go. Until his injury, he was starting to look like a real prospect and was overcoming a shaky start (the Maidstone game). He's a young lad with very few starts to his name, but at least there's potential there. Can't really see Dunn improving much.

Coddington would be a good signing but I'd rather the money was spent on playmakers and/or strikers to help us score more than 1 on a more regular basis.
Old 2nd January 2018, 12.42:31   #113-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
Although Coddington would be great, I'd like to see Dibble being given another go. Until his injury, he was starting to look like a real prospect and was overcoming a shaky start (the Maidstone game). He's a young lad with very few starts to his name, but at least there's potential there. Can't really see Dunn improving much.

Coddington would be a good signing but I'd rather the money was spent on playmakers and/or strikers to help us score more than 1 on a more regular basis.
Dont agree, we need a good solid goalkeeper that the back four trust not a rooky keeper or a past it robot. Confidence comes from a solid defense which as of late has starting leaking goals all over the place so get Coddington in fast he was brilliant when here was last time and you could tell our defenders had faith in him.
Old 2nd January 2018, 12.50:42   #114-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Dont agree, we need a good solid goalkeeper that the back four trust not a rooky keeper or a past it robot. Confidence comes from a solid defense which as of late has starting leaking goals all over the place so get Coddington in fast he was brilliant when here was last time and you could tell our defenders had faith in him.
Not saying that that we couldn't do with a better keeper, but in the 5 consecutive games Dibble played before his injury, we kept 4 clean sheets. I'm pretty sure the defence had faith in him.

Coddington (or any more established/proven keeper) would be great but over the course of the season, it's clearly scoring goals that's been the problem, so that should be the first priority.
Old 2nd January 2018, 12.58:37   #115-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
Not saying that that we couldn't do with a better keeper, but in the 5 consecutive games Dibble played before his injury, we kept 4 clean sheets. I'm pretty sure the defence had faith in him.

Coddington (or any more established/proven keeper) would be great but over the course of the season, it's clearly scoring goals that's been the problem, so that should be the first priority.
I think if we can make an improvement in any position then we should do so.
Apparently Dunn is now part time so we have to consider the longer term as well and add to that Dibble hasn't featured for so long then is he really part of DKs plans - we just don't know.

Yes the priority is CM and CF and for me these are the 2 key positions and it will be interesting who DK brings in (if anyone) and show what sort of ambition is being shown.
Old 2nd January 2018, 13.00:41   #116-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: yale stand or behind dugouts

anyone new in the building yet.
Old 2nd January 2018, 13.05:36   #117-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
After a rough start (in that he looked as good as Dunn) Dibble improved a lot; useful for pens as well. IMO he's good enough, and Coddington would not come cheap. He might not even want to sign here anyway; a short loan is a very different prospect.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.10:01.