Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Three Episode Threads: S3E1 Welcome To EFL / S3E2 Goals / Notts Again / Risky Business / Temporary / Far Away, So Close / Trouble / ...

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th August 2018, 07.37:15   #1-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Maidenhead ratings.

Lainton 7- Feel very reassured with him in goal. Not his busiest night but did everything he needed.

Carrington 7 - Solid and should play instead of Roberts imo. One lapse where he played it across the 6 yard box and gave them a half chance but did well other than that.

Manny 9 - Was going to give an 8 but then had a think and he was outstanding tonight. Won his headers, came out of defence to win the ball and mopped up anything which came his way.

Pearson 8- Had a real battle with Ryan Bird who is a big unit but won it hands down.

Jennings 6- Looked poor defensively 1st half, struggled with the bounce defending down the hill. Improved 2nd half.

Wright 7 - Another solid game, really developing as a player now he is being given game time.

Summerfield 6 - A bit sloppy at times for me but a cool head in the middle.

Ruthers 7/8- A revelation in the middle, combative and full off energy. Got our 1st yellow.

JMD 6 - May not be popular rating but overall he was quite quiet. A simply fantastic strike for the goal which maybe I should give him a 7 for but I think there is far more to come from him.

Pyke 5 - average tonight. Needed to more physical and put the defenders under more pressure.

MFT 6 - Took his goal well and should have had a 2nd. Needs to challenge for headers though as he give the CB's as easy time.

Subs
Holroyd 6
Beavon 5
Deverdics 5
Posted via mobile theme
Old 15th August 2018, 07.45:24   #2-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: When I can get there

Default Re: Maidenhead ratings.

Excellent night all round
We are scoring goals
We are keeping clean sheets
We have changed a few faces around

Keep it up Sam
Old 15th August 2018, 08.27:08   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: ERS or MRS

Lainton 6- Had nothing to do other than a few catches from crosses, which is a credit to our defence infront. Kicking was fantastic though so maybe 7 for htat.

Carrington 7 - Solid battling performance. Not as gung ho as Jennings but provides stability.

Manny 8 - Most balls in the air ive seen Manny win in a Wrexham shirt. And kept getting fouled after the ball had gone but just got on with it.

Pearson 8- As usual. Captain leader legend. Should have had a goal, no idea why the ref blew up.

Jennings 6- Looks good on the ball and i dont have any major issues with him playing there as our #1 LB

Wright 8 - The steel we need vs these big strong teams. Gives us some bite in the middle. Last season we were bullied by teams.

Summerfield 7 - Great engine, good forward runs and he doesnt stop organising and encouraging.

Ruthers 8 - Looked fantastic here, if only he had a shot. Some great runs to support the strikers where he was running past MFT, this gave the attackers time as the defenders panicked. Battled well and can run with teh ball.

JMD 7 - Took his goal really well and draws in so many players when hes on the ball.

Pyke 6 - Caused the first goal with his jump. Defended really well in teh second half when called upon. Similar to JMD just without the goal.

MFT 7 - Thought he battled well. Some times he chose the wrong option but he won a lot of fouls off their CBs to relieve pressure. SEems to be enjoying playing with JMD.

-
Ricketts 8 - PErfect away performance. On the front foot early, got the goals and then settled in for the night. A few moments second half where if they had scored we would have been under pressure, but he made subs at the right time and the last 15mins was the best ive seen us close a game out in a long time.
Old 15th August 2018, 08.38:00   #4-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Could Ricketts have discovered Rutherford's ideal position? A position that suits his work engine?

One thing for sure, he will have a selection headache when Young is fit!
Old 15th August 2018, 08.43:27   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders666 View Post
Lainton 6- Had nothing to do other than a few catches from crosses, which is a credit to our defence infront. Kicking was fantastic though so maybe 7 for htat.

Carrington 7 - Solid battling performance. Not as gung ho as Jennings but provides stability.

Manny 8 - Most balls in the air ive seen Manny win in a Wrexham shirt. And kept getting fouled after the ball had gone but just got on with it.

Pearson 8- As usual. Captain leader legend. Should have had a goal, no idea why the ref blew up.

Jennings 6- Looks good on the ball and i dont have any major issues with him playing there as our #1 LB

Wright 8 - The steel we need vs these big strong teams. Gives us some bite in the middle. Last season we were bullied by teams.

Summerfield 7 - Great engine, good forward runs and he doesnt stop organising and encouraging.

Ruthers 8 - Looked fantastic here, if only he had a shot. Some great runs to support the strikers where he was running past MFT, this gave the attackers time as the defenders panicked. Battled well and can run with teh ball.

JMD 7 - Took his goal really well and draws in so many players when hes on the ball.

Pyke 6 - Caused the first goal with his jump. Defended really well in teh second half when called upon. Similar to JMD just without the goal.

MFT 7 - Thought he battled well. Some times he chose the wrong option but he won a lot of fouls off their CBs to relieve pressure. SEems to be enjoying playing with JMD.

-
Ricketts 8 - PErfect away performance. On the front foot early, got the goals and then settled in for the night. A few moments second half where if they had scored we would have been under pressure, but he made subs at the right time and the last 15mins was the best ive seen us close a game out in a long time.
Agree with this. Maybe give wright a 7, gave the ball away a few times in some dangerous areas first half. But all in all, a good away performance.

Their ground is one of the worst I’ve been to. No gate to exit after the game, have to leave through the turnstiles you entered through. Would not want to be trying to get out of there in an emergency.

Still an enjoyable night though. COYR!
Old 15th August 2018, 08.53:09   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Hard to disagree with above ratings. Manny stand out MotM for me. An absolute rock at the back for us - so much so when we won yet another header in front of the away end 2nd half I was moved to shout 'I love you Manny'. A few beers had been taken but that doesn't make it not true!

Also I would put MFT down to a 5 for not flossing after his goal. Very disappointing
Old 15th August 2018, 10.26:09   #7-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Think this is very close to correct for me as well. Only exception would be Summerfield definitely warrants more than a 6. He covered every blade
Of grass.

Agree Manny was outstanding. Playing like that he could easily play L1 footy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
Lainton 7- Feel very reassured with him in goal. Not his busiest night but did everything he needed.

Carrington 7 - Solid and should play instead of Roberts imo. One lapse where he played it across the 6 yard box and gave them a half chance but did well other than that.

Manny 9 - Was going to give an 8 but then had a think and he was outstanding tonight. Won his headers, came out of defence to win the ball and mopped up anything which came his way.

Pearson 8- Had a real battle with Ryan Bird who is a big unit but won it hands down.

Jennings 6- Looked poor defensively 1st half, struggled with the bounce defending down the hill. Improved 2nd half.

Wright 7 - Another solid game, really developing as a player now he is being given game time.

Summerfield 6 - A bit sloppy at times for me but a cool head in the middle.

Ruthers 7/8- A revelation in the middle, combative and full off energy. Got our 1st yellow.

JMD 6 - May not be popular rating but overall he was quite quiet. A simply fantastic strike for the goal which maybe I should give him a 7 for but I think there is far more to come from him.

Pyke 5 - average tonight. Needed to more physical and put the defenders under more pressure.

MFT 6 - Took his goal well and should have had a 2nd. Needs to challenge for headers though as he give the CB's as easy time.

Subs
Holroyd 6
Beavon 5
Deverdics 5
Posted via mobile theme
Old 15th August 2018, 10.46:34   #8-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Ratings are obviously subjective but I think it is clear and was mentioned before the start of the season that we need players to be performing at 7/10 rather than the 6/10 that IMO we were at least season.

Hardly surprising therefore that results and ratings seem to be higher
Old 15th August 2018, 11.10:19   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders666 View Post

-
The ref blew for a push but not by Pearson.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.41:47.