Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd May 2019, 20.39:54   #127-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Twitter: @

Default Re: Shite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
We’re not. We were statistically the fourth best team in the league.
Im not talking about this year, although the football has been. No creativity in the middle, no pace down the flanks, no goals anywhere in the team, just Pearson, Lainton and Walker worth talking about, two of those wont be here next year anyway. Don't get me started on the last six years.
Old 3rd May 2019, 20.42:13   #128-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS

We are also by the longest serving team in this league.
Old 3rd May 2019, 20.48:36   #129-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Im not talking about this year, although the football has been. No creativity in the middle, no pace down the flanks, no goals anywhere in the team, just Pearson, Lainton and Walker worth talking about, two of those wont be here next year anyway. Don't get me started on the last six years.
Who were the last good teams you’ve seen at this level? I’ve not seen many over the years.

I would say Fleetwood. The other teams which are generally successful in this league are, first and foremost, functional. We have had half a functional team ie the defence. It’s the midfield and forward line which have been a problem.
Old 3rd May 2019, 21.10:38   #130-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Exec Box

Quote:
Who were the last good teams you’ve seen at this level? I’ve not seen many over the years.

I would say Fleetwood. The other teams which are generally successful in this league are, first and foremost, functional. We have had half a functional team ie the defence. It’s the midfield and forward line which have been a problem.
So two third of our team is Shite and we have had the money to get better in. However once again the Board haven’t had the balls to give a chunk of it to get better players in or a half decent Manager, trouble is that they want a yes man who wont rock the boat. How much more of this rubbish will you take before you actually have had enough and give em the stick they deserve
Old 3rd May 2019, 21.15:16   #131-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
I don’t necessarily agree with it but the point made was we have a losing mentality so I questioned if that extends to us fans too. We certainly haven’t had much to crow about over the years.

We’ve reached one playoff final in 4 attempts in 11 seasons. We have only reached two trophy finals in those 11 seasons and managed to throw one away from the jaws of victory. Has all this failure had an affect on us supporters?

Saying that, we turn up in record numbers. It’s strange.
Experiencing losing and failure doesn't mean we have a losing mentality. We want success. None of us want to lose - not even FOG! Likewise for any other football team's fans.
Old 3rd May 2019, 21.22:10   #132-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
Experiencing losing and failure doesn't mean we have a losing mentality. We want success. None of us want to lose - not even FOG! Likewise for any other football team's fans.
Likewise, the club wants success. I’d hope the players, manager, coaches and board members don’t want to lose so on that basis, does the club have a losing mentality?
Old 3rd May 2019, 21.58:43   #133-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Likewise, the club wants success. I’d hope the players, manager, coaches and board members don’t want to lose so on that basis, does the club have a losing mentality?

I don't think it's a losing mentality more a simple case of continual mistakes on the playing side by those at the top, the thing that really grates with me since the Mills reign is the lack of accountability from those running the club, they appear to be not in touch with the ordinary fans concerns and are driving massive wedge between them,it's like Brexit where as that's divided the country causing angry bickering from both sides both sites thinking they are right and that's it.

Well it's the same with this so called Happy Clappers and Frothers a big divided fanbase.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 3rd May 2019 at 22.03:39..
Old 3rd May 2019, 22.09:42   #134-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:

Fleetwood took the piss, well vardy did, if he hadn't been born we'd be a football league club. Lincoln had very good attacking players, players we can't afford it seems. Mansfield and Luton were very good sides from their keepers, midfielders up to their strikers. There have been more.

You can't brush these sides off as just functunal Alan, they were teams with pace, guile and attacking threats. We've had none of these qualities for years.

The only team that should have gone up and deserved to go up was the team, like you say, thaw was put together by the twats who raped the club.

I'm in no way advocating spending silly, we can't, and I think it's the fact we can't chuck that extra bit of money at quality that's holding us back. We need that extra push, but under our current structure this can't happen.

Last edited by dixienormous; 3rd May 2019 at 22.16:53..
Old 3rd May 2019, 22.12:36   #135-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Behind You.

Quote:
I don’t necessarily agree with it but the point made was we have a losing mentality so I questioned if that extends to us fans too. We certainly haven’t had much to crow about over the years.

We’ve reached one playoff final in 4 attempts in 11 seasons. We have only reached two trophy finals in those 11 seasons and managed to throw one away from the jaws of victory. Has all this failure had an affect on us supporters?

Saying that, we turn up in record numbers. It’s strange.
Personally, I don’t subscribe to the myth that history has a bearing on present day or future results.
Some teams go decades without beating other teams at particular venues or in particular competitions but that may well be down to the referee disallowing a perfectly good goal for an alleged foul on a goalkeeper or some other unforeseen effect.
Winning or losing runs continue or cease due to many things, including, frustratingly, luck or refereeing incompetence.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.55:23.