Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th June 2019, 11.02:24   #321-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
EnglishRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Are we a buying club? I must have missed something. Nominal fees for players whose clubs want them to leave doesn’t count.
That's has no bearing on what I said.

You were saying how well Kidderminster recruit. I was just pointing out that while that might be true its not translating to results on the pitch. Nothing to do with us at all.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 11.09:41   #322-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
louisleftboot's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
That's has no bearing on what I said.

You were saying how well Kidderminster recruit. I was just pointing out that while that might be true its not translating to results on the pitch. Nothing to do with us at all.
An unusual comment to mention how good recruitment doesn't mean success on a thread for Wrexhams recruitment.
__________________
Quote:
Dean said “Alrite” Anyway he sat down and all the others did too, and I was standing, not offered a seat, altho saying that probably could of sat on a desk.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 11.11:14   #323-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
louisleftboot's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Yes. Great idea. RP recruitment committee
Lets just leave it to the manager!
Stockton and Spyrou did well eh. I'm not suggesting RP members are in charge of recruitment, but what do we currently have? Darlo getting blokes off his course?
__________________
Quote:
Dean said “Alrite” Anyway he sat down and all the others did too, and I was standing, not offered a seat, altho saying that probably could of sat on a desk.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 11.17:13   #324-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Tech End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Stockton and Spyrou did well eh. I'm not suggesting RP members are in charge of recruitment, but what do we currently have? Darlo getting blokes off his course?
In fairness Stockton was a Barrow signing.

Hughes was very much restricted to loans and free agents. McGlashan, Agustien and Spyrou were Hughes signings - so not the best signings in the world - but he hasn't had a transfer window to make much difference before this one.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 11.18:17   #325-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Yes. Great idea. RP recruitment committee
Lets just leave it to the manager!
That's not what he said is it.

If you're defending the clubs player recruitment policy I'm not sure where you've been for the last 5 years or so. We waste money season after season on players who are no where near good enough and barely kick a ball for us. The list is staggering.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 11.22:36   #326-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
An unusual comment to mention how good recruitment doesn't mean success on a thread for Wrexhams recruitment.
he is renowned for the unusual comments
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 11.23:51   #327-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
EnglishRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
An unusual comment to mention how good recruitment doesn't mean success on a thread for Wrexhams recruitment.
I'd just like recruitment to mean that we win some games. If the players then get sold and we make money off the back of it then that's also good but winning games and getting promotion should be the primary aim. Kiddie just seem to bring people in to sell them on.

obviously my posts get on people's nerves. I think I'm done with RP this summer. See you all in August.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 11.57:23   #328-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
In fairness Stockton was a Barrow signing.

Hughes was very much restricted to loans and free agents. McGlashan, Agustien and Spyrou were Hughes signings - so not the best signings in the world - but he hasn't had a transfer window to make much difference before this one.
His recruitment was very limited at that point to be fair.
Augustien was a disappointment but I thought worth a punt at the time.
Gashman was too lightweight that was obvious.
Spyrou a mystery to be fair.

I thought we should have plundered Gateshead as they were desperate.
Taking the cost of a player or 2 off them would have helped them considerably.
An offer they couldnt refuse.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 12.28:35   #329-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
NottsRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
His recruitment was very limited at that point to be fair.
Augustien was a disappointment but I thought worth a punt at the time.
Gashman was too lightweight that was obvious.
Spyrou a mystery to be fair.

I thought we should have plundered Gateshead as they were desperate.
Taking the cost of a player or 2 off them would have helped them considerably.
An offer they couldnt refuse.
I can't remember dates but did Hughes come in after the transfer window had shut or with very little time left?
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 12.55:15   #330-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
That's not what he said is it.

If you're defending the clubs player recruitment policy I'm not sure where you've been for the last 5 years or so. We waste money season after season on players who are no where near good enough and barely kick a ball for us. The list is staggering.
Not defending anything or anyone.
The number of players bandied around on this site makes the clubs recruitment seem insignificant in comparison.
Posters want us to buy players, some of whom are never likely to be for sale to us or even come within what we can realistically afford.
I'm quite sure all clubs waste money on players. Some can afford it more than others.
I agree that some of our player recruitment has been poor but I'm not sure at what cost. Loanees will be relatively cheap but we are then open to bigger clubs dumping players on us.
We can only wait and see if BH's policy towards to way we play and the players we get in works better than the previous incumbents. Have to give the bloke a chance.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.53:30.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12