Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th December 2019, 12.43:04   #19-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Operational Board Q&A - part 1 answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Not clear for me. Does that mean they will cover these questions in one of the next releases?
Does it matter if 80 questions come in one email or separately in 80 emails? Whats the difference?

You will see from the very detailed responses from operational board members the amount of time and effort taken to answer questions fully. However we received a small number of emails with a very large list of questions, for example, one supporter sent a list of 80 questions, given the time it has taken to answer the questions submitted it has not been possible at this time to answer the small number of emails with such large multiple numbers of questions.
Exactly. Who cares where the questions are coming from, they are all just the same, a question. Given that they're more probing it's no suprise they're not going to respond to them "at this time".
Old 16th December 2019, 12.43:04   #20-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

"Should the owners of the club wish it to be sold either in whole or part then that is what would happen if a suitable person or group were identified and approved by the membership."

nuff said.
Old 16th December 2019, 12.43:55   #21-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
Far more questions could have been responded to with succinct answers. A question about business experience didn't need a huge list of accomplishments which must have taken ages to type out.
I think it's on copy and paste at this moment in time.
Old 16th December 2019, 12.54:57   #22-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Can’t cut and paste as on phone, but unless I’m misreading it, 4th paragraph suggests they’re not going to answer questions from people who sent in a lot. Hugely disappointing (although probably not surprising.)
Yeah I saw that, the questions won't go away though. If I have to print them off and put them up around the racecourse then so be it. If it requires press support to get the questions answered then so be it. If I have to find 80 people willing to put their name to each question then so be it as well. The 81 questions are not from one supporter they're from a number of us. By putting them all together as one submission the club was saved the time and effort of having to sift through the same questions over and over again.

One telling difference is the choice of question though, the club preferring this question:

Quote:
"Whilst I appreciate that Dixie McNeil has is a club legend and has done a lot for the club, what attributes and skills does he have to add to the current board of directors?"
As opposed to:

Quote:
"What exactly is Dixie McNeil's role as a board member and was there a thorough search to find someone that meets the skillset needed for the role? Why was Dixie McNeil selected over other suitable candidates?"
Old 16th December 2019, 12.56:30   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

What a load of drivel.

" This can vary from Director to Director and the amount of activity under-way at any one time. However it is fair to say that each Director gives up several evenings a week, plus meetings and activities around weekends as well as taking annual leave from paid employment to complete work for Wrexham AFC at the Racecourse. The bandwidth of time per week runs between 10hrs per week to 40hours+ depending on any particular week and if a Director has taken time off work to run the business."

Yep sounds like we need an actual paid professional to run the club if someone needs to do 40hrs a week on top of their day job.
Old 16th December 2019, 13.00:47   #24-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
What a load of drivel.

" This can vary from Director to Director and the amount of activity under-way at any one time. However it is fair to say that each Director gives up several evenings a week, plus meetings and activities around weekends as well as taking annual leave from paid employment to complete work for Wrexham AFC at the Racecourse. The bandwidth of time per week runs between 10hrs per week to 40hours+ depending on any particular week and if a Director has taken time off work to run the business."

Yep sounds like we need an actual paid professional to run the club if someone needs to do 40hrs a week on top of their day job.
Doing that amount of hours in addition to a day job you'd wonder how effective they are at the role? They must be permanently exhausted.
Old 16th December 2019, 13.02:33   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

I do love “ a bandwidth of time”, don’t you? Head office type fashionable bullsh*t terminology. Is Ricky Gervais on the board?
Old 16th December 2019, 13.08:38   #26-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

It’s a big love in with a group-jerking, ego-stroking stench to it. All of them drooling over their own qualifications/experience et al. Well I’m sorry to burst the bubble but ANYWHERE else you would have been sacked for gross incompetence!!! Put that in your collective back pats agenda.
Old 16th December 2019, 13.14:59   #27-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea

I don't believe abuse is the way forward, it won't get us anywhere.

However, whilst I welcome communications from the board(s), I'm a believer in communication tailored to its audience. Taking questions in turn, including posters first names in responses, using phrases such as `bandwidth of time' smack of authors who have a different view.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.52:22.