Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd January 2020, 08.57:15   #1-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold rd
Twitter: @

Default Taken ill

Does anyone know how the lady is who was taken ill in the stand yesterday,some people saying she had a stroke,it took too long long for the medics,police etc to help and get her out of the stand,hope she is ok
Old 2nd January 2020, 09.47:35   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Default Re: Taken ill

I was sitting about six folks away from her. The club seemed to have no first aid facilities for such an occurance. In the end, two big policemen had to lift the poor lady out of there. It’s not Police job. I really hope that she received proper treatment with a good prognosis.
Old 2nd January 2020, 09.52:55   #3-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
I was sitting about six folks away from her. The club seemed to have no first aid facilities for such an occurance. In the end, two big policemen had to lift the poor lady out of there. It’s not Police job. I really hope that she received proper treatment with a good prognosis.
I was sat just in front of her. It did take quite a long time for the club to get first aiders there. Be surprised if it wasn’t a stroke. Worst thing I have ever seen close up in life. Puts everything else into perspective. Just watching footy on New Year’s Day.
Old 2nd January 2020, 10.10:29   #4-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

She spent the night in Hospital and was being assessed again today.
Old 2nd January 2020, 10.28:51   #5-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

2 comments above, both of them including a complaint about the action and facilities provited to care for the lady concerned.

Contrast those with the comments on the relevant Fb page, from the lady's son, her brother, and from her fiancé:

Kalum Guest Thank you to all who helped my mum today, much appreciated by all her family, she would have been stuck without you, she’s improving as she should be! One last thing, Chorley may have a shit ground but there staff were amazing with my mum!

Andy Walters Thankyou to all who helped my sister today at the game the stewards police club doctor and officials were amazing as were the fans who helped her. My parents are not on this page but have asked me to thankyou all as well.
Also thanks to Kings Evans for giving up his seat on the wheelchair accessible minibus to enable Lucy's little lad Alfie to travel back with me.

Richie Daniels I would like to echo Andy Walters words a big thank you to everyone that helped Lucy today she is responding well and hopefully a speedy recovery & back supporting the town soon
Thanks once again everyone
Richie (Lucy's Fiancé)

Those three people were obviously in a much better position to see and appreciate what happened, and have heaped praise on all concerned. Doesn't it make you wonder why RP posters feel they have to be negative about everything? It must be a habit!
Old 2nd January 2020, 10.30:12   #6-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
You could see from behind the goal the incident unfolding and those helpers in high viz clothing moving into the first occupied block in the main stand - assuming she is one of our own fans from the location she was sitting in - lets hope for the best outcome. Somehow it happening on NYD makes it all the worse.

Your right - it wasn't a police role and the medics seemed to be the last to get there. Perhaps communication was an issue and emergency vehicle access up to the stadium perimeter would appear limited - a walk across Victory park or at least down the hill behind the home terrace - all adds minutes to an emergency.

Lots of things wrong with the infrastructure of that stadium - not least a flooded and blocked gents urinal not large enough for more than 2 thin men plus two cubicles - and that was it for 820. same as Salford last year - perhaps fine for 50 fans from Torquay on a Tuesday night but not for 800.
Old 2nd January 2020, 12.28:11   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

There club dr was on the scene in minutes and ordered an ambulance straight away access is terrible though the seating area was worse than the Mold road in the 70s, hope she is ok
Old 2nd January 2020, 13.35:39   #8-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewxm View Post
There club dr was on the scene in minutes and ordered an ambulance straight away access is terrible though the seating area was worse than the Mold road in the 70s, hope she is ok
It will be a condition of the stadium safety certificate that they MUST have a club doctor and provision of first aid / medical facilities when the stadium is open to the public and the attendance is expected to reach a specified locally agreed level.

Glad to here the doctor appears to have been communicated soonest and a rapid response did in fact take place - and no doubt we all wish her a speedy recovery.
Old 2nd January 2020, 13.57:05   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
2 comments above, both of them including a complaint about the action and facilities provited to care for the lady concerned.

Contrast those with the comments on the relevant Fb page, from the lady's son, her brother, and from her fiancé:

Kalum Guest Thank you to all who helped my mum today, much appreciated by all her family, she would have been stuck without you, she’s improving as she should be! One last thing, Chorley may have a shit ground but there staff were amazing with my mum!

Andy Walters Thankyou to all who helped my sister today at the game the stewards police club doctor and officials were amazing as were the fans who helped her. My parents are not on this page but have asked me to thankyou all as well.
Also thanks to Kings Evans for giving up his seat on the wheelchair accessible minibus to enable Lucy's little lad Alfie to travel back with me.

Richie Daniels I would like to echo Andy Walters words a big thank you to everyone that helped Lucy today she is responding well and hopefully a speedy recovery & back supporting the town soon
Thanks once again everyone
Richie (Lucy's Fiancé)

Those three people were obviously in a much better position to see and appreciate what happened, and have heaped praise on all concerned. Doesn't it make you wonder why RP posters feel they have to be negative about everything? It must be a habit!
Great to hear the lady is responding to treatment. I was sat in the same row and she did look so poorly. I'm thinking that the access to the stand was so tight is what took up so much time to help her. I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.16:08.