Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th April 2020, 12.40:08   #1-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default "An open letter to all Wrexham AFC supporters" statement from WST

New out just now... https://wst.org.uk/wp/?p=1178

"An open letter to all Wrexham AFC supporters,
Understandably given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, football is low on a lot of people’s priority lists.

However, the Wrexham Supporters Trust and Wrexham AFC Board must also look at how to protect the future of our football club – and for this we need your help.

As outlined in the club statement, when the decision was taken to furlough all Wrexham AFC employees, the pandemic represents a serious threat to the financial health of the club.

Wrexham AFC are not alone in this regard, of course, and we are fully aware supporters – including ourselves personally – have been seriously impacted, be it from a health, financial or social standpoint.

This is not the time for us to ‘get the begging bowls out’ – and nor would this be feasible in the current climate – but there are other ways supporters can help.

We are proud to be a supporter-owned football club, and it is in times like this we need the involvement of as many of our supporters as possible.

The Wrexham Supporters Trust are keen for fresh ideas to help navigate the club through this unprecedented time and we want to hear from you.

Any ideas or comments you have, please feel free to get in touch – you can email ideas to membership@wst.org.uk.

We are fully aware there are a number of supporters unhappy with the football club and the current ownership model, and we are certainly not beyond reproach or criticism.

While, honestly, we feel some of the criticism has been unjustified, we also understand the main measure of a club’s success is on the pitch – and frankly, this season has been disappointing for all of us.

Wrexham AFC should never be measuring their success on just surviving in the National League, so however the current season concludes it has been one of the most disappointing in the club’s history.

For this, we all take responsibility and, when football resumes, we accept we will all have serious questions to answer.

More immediately, however, we have a responsibility to ensure that – whenever football resumes – we still have a Football Club to support (and not just one that exists, but one that is capable of the success we all crave).

This is why we are calling on all supporters to get involved, regardless of your current views of the club.

The time to pursue changes will come – and we have systems in place to ensure ALL members can have their voices heard.

For now, however, we urge all supporters to come together in the common interest of protecting the future of Wrexham AFC.

We continue to welcome Trust membership too, of course, though we understand this is a difficult time to take on new financial commitments.

For those who can afford it, however, it remains from just £1 a month to be a Trust member and every bit helps – big or small. Trust membership also allows you to vote at AGMs.

To join, or re-join, please see the WST website – details on membership can be found here.

Ultimately, we all want the same thing – success on the pitch, and promotion back into the Football League – and the future of the Football Club depends on us uniting towards this shared goal.

Finally, this is an unprecedented and difficult time for all of us. We would like to take this opportunity to thank every single member of the Wrexham AFC community for playing their part in helping the country overcome the pandemic. From the key workers on the front line, to community volunteers and to those staying home and following government guidelines, we all still have a role to play.

Isolation and social distancing can take a heavy toll on mental well-being, and we urge everybody to check in on each other. If you need to talk, please pick up the phone.

Stay safe, look after those around you, and we look forward to welcoming you all back to the Racecourse.

The Board of the Wrexham Supporters Trust

For details on how to join or re-join the Wrexham Supporters Trust, click here"
Old 14th April 2020, 12.43:39   #2-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: "An open letter to all Wrexham AFC supporters" statement from WST

fair play, that's a well written message
Old 14th April 2020, 12.45:48   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Classy and well written statement but when has the club taken responsibility for mistakes?

They had the opportunity to many many times and avoided a lot of questions, those that they did answer they refused to accept any blame.

"we have systems in place to ensure ALL members can have their voices heard."

Do they? Still waiting on my 83 questions to be answered

Good to see they're open to change though, because change is coming.
Old 14th April 2020, 12.46:52   #4-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

It would help if we knew what the scale of the financial challenge was. I know we're in "unprecedented times" and the statement strikes the right tone, but I can't say it instills much confidence for me.
Old 14th April 2020, 12.59:18   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
It would help if we knew what the scale of the financial challenge was. I know we're in "unprecedented times" and the statement strikes the right tone, but I can't say it instills much confidence for me.
its a good first step, some honesty and humility, but talk is cheap as we all know, its what happends when this is over that counts now. there should be no us and them - just we

what are the continuing outgoings ?
staff are furlonged - so wages outgoing is still 20%?
are players who were on load now back in and add to the outgoings ?
insurance still needs to be paid?
rent still due on stadium ?

what is the current income streams ?
on-line shop ?
does the wst pay in money to the club ?
Old 14th April 2020, 12.59:33   #6-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Whatever you think of the board I feel this is a good message and I would urge us all to come together with the spirit we showed saving the club from Moss and Roberts and other crooks.

I know many havent missed watching this season's team during this enforced break and I dont blame them, but I cant imagine there not being a club called Wrexham FC to support or to shout at and I am sure many others agree with me.

I don't have many answers and am not locally based but I am sure we can use RP to come up with some collective initiatives and maybe these will give us as a fanbase more kudos and more of a mandate to then call for the changes that are needed to the running of the club once we are through this crisis.
Old 14th April 2020, 13.00:17   #7-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Don't think they can answer that because nobody knows how long this is going to go on for. I would hope though they would be having plans for this crisis going on short, medium and long term.

Yes its a well worded statement but the last two years on and off the pitch have in the main been disastrous. The board and have acted in very poor judgement and IMHO the current crisis has saved us from relegation. Actions need to speak louder than words so they need to fall on there swords before any help will be coming from me.
Old 14th April 2020, 13.07:09   #8-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

I thought that was as good as you could have hoped for. They have held theirs hands up and admitted that regardless of circumstances this season has been a complete mess.

I agree with them, they deserve criticism but some of it has been above and beyond for me. Especially the personal stuff.

I would love a clean slate from both sides because the board have often got their back up in a lot of areas and only made it worse.
Old 14th April 2020, 13.10:32   #9-0 (permalink)
WV1
Cult Hero

I’m not sure what they’re trying to tell us though?

Is it a call for help? Is it admittance of their ‘failings’?

I don’t know.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.57:46.