Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th April 2020, 18.55:04   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Default More Love, Less In-Fighting

Wrexham AFC is truly an incredible story. It really is. The story of Wrexham Football Club has got it all.

Someday someone should write a book about it.

That's not surprising because we are a great and unique football club.

But right now, looking at the playing field in front of us, and it really pains me to say it. I think as a club, we are now like Tyson Fury in the 12th and have just taken that big combo from Wilder and we are momentarily unconscious lying on the canvas.

Somehow and miraculously there is enough inner belief in Fury to get back up off the canvas and to defend himself and then to go on the attack, to take with him that inner power and will, to then go on to win the next time. He won the next time because of what he did in the first fight in the 12th round. Wilder knew he was unbeatable. How could a man do that ? Get back up and fight like that having been poleaxed?

And to stand there all victorious. With his arms in the air. A Brit on Amercian soil. A David v Goliath. The little underdog country against the much larger country. Much like our own great giant killing teams of the past. Our list of shock victories is endless. Arsenal, Porto, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Bristol City, Spurs, Middlesborough, Ipswich, Notts Forest etc etc etc

It was the presence of mind. Even more than his physical stature.

Fury had a winning mentality, he knew he would never be defeated. Much like our teams of the past in the glory days.

Arfon told me last year on the phone. when I'd called him up to ask him about Shankly's pre match talks to the players at the Pant yr Ochain, for the book I am creating called FANDOM...

"We played with no fear and we expected to win, because we could"

Fury had a great team behind him who had no fear and they were all on the same page and united in spirit and in collective will. They are standing there right behind him as he has his arms in the air.

The two fighters stand and hug each other at the end. That is the most significant part to me.

What will truly kill our club and prevent us from being like Fury is the infighting between our fans.

It will truly rip our club in half.

We need a positive mindset like Fury but equally with respect and humility between us.

We need a Fury like leader, with the Dalia Lama in a Wrexham shirt standing alongside him.

With respect and a meaningful dialogue between us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMYQt1EFs7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20MnLcOL7Ks

Old 28th April 2020, 19.21:29   #2-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: More Love, Less In-Fighting

Completely agree.
I have little idea what many of the bitter
comments are all about. It serves no purpose other than
other than to divide and weaken the club.
Old 28th April 2020, 19.40:50   #3-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

I witnessed all those great games and the pride I had in our team. But I'm not convinced by the people running the club now. In the latter years of private club ownership we had some rotten to the core bastards,but I watched our team when we had a tremendous board and I believe the reason was they where local and fans of the club. That was until a Judas grabbed his chance of extra wealth.,and then the start of the decline which we still haven't escaped from.without doubt Wrexham has the potential to be a championship side with crowds to match the club is crying out for a benefactor with the right intentions to buy and move this club forward and it won't happen under fan ownership as much as I admired the fight to keep us alive,there will never be enough money to get to where we belong and the present board needs to put the club up for investment from interested parties.
Old 28th April 2020, 19.47:18   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
Wrexham AFC is truly an incredible story. It really is. The story of Wrexham Football Club has got it all.

Someday someone should write a book about it.

That's not surprising because we are a great and unique football club.

But right now, looking at the playing field in front of us, and it really pains me to say it. I think as a club, we are now like Tyson Fury in the 12th and have just taken that big combo from Wilder and we are momentarily unconscious lying on the canvas.

Somehow and miraculously there is enough inner belief in Fury to get back up off the canvas and to defend himself and then to go on the attack, to take with him that inner power and will, to then go on to win the next time. He won the next time because of what he did in the first fight in the 12th round. Wilder knew he was unbeatable. How could a man do that ? Get back up and fight like that having been poleaxed?

And to stand there all victorious. With his arms in the air. A Brit on Amercian soil. A David v Goliath. The little underdog country against the much larger country. Much like our own great giant killing teams of the past. Our list of shock victories is endless. Arsenal, Porto, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Bristol City, Spurs, Middlesborough, Ipswich, Notts Forest etc etc etc

It was the presence of mind. Even more than his physical stature.

Fury had a winning mentality, he knew he would never be defeated. Much like our teams of the past in the glory days.

Arfon told me last year on the phone. when I'd called him up to ask him about Shankly's pre match talks to the players at the Pant yr Ochain, for the book I am creating called FANDOM...

"We played with no fear and we expected to win, because we could"

Fury had a great team behind him who had no fear and they were all on the same page and united in spirit and in collective will. They are standing there right behind him as he has his arms in the air.

The two fighters stand and hug each other at the end. That is the most significant part to me.

What will truly kill our club and prevent us from being like Fury is the infighting between our fans.

It will truly rip our club in half.

We need a positive mindset like Fury but equally with respect and humility between us.

We need a Fury like leader, with the Dalia Lama in a Wrexham shirt standing alongside him.

With respect and a meaningful dialogue between us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMYQt1EFs7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20MnLcOL7Ks

Old 28th April 2020, 20.01:08   #5-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Bang on.
Old 28th April 2020, 20.03:40   #6-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
Completely agree.
I have little idea what many of the bitter
comments are all about. It serves no purpose other than
other than to divide and weaken the club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by René Higuita View Post
mate your right fair play. We almost got relegated this year because of the infighting between our fans. Bang on. Need to all pull together.
There are reasons for this season failure, but don't see how in-fighting is the cause, but if it continues then we are only going one way. People think we are a big club but we aren't big enough to survive or certainly thrive if we don't start to pull in the same direction.
Old 28th April 2020, 20.39:35   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Agreed that we need to all come together but it just won’t happen, you may convince a handful of fans to let go of the anger but i would find it hard to imagine anyone talking massive portions of the fan base out of their apathy and hopelessness

Faith has been lost in both boards and the management teams, you can remove the anger but you can’t remove the damage done that has been done to our supporters faith
Old 28th April 2020, 21.07:41   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

No amount of love will make me support this board . Totally done with them
Old 28th April 2020, 21.12:01   #9-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: on a seat

That's it blame the fans nothing to do with the boards incompetence
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.40:19.