Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st May 2020, 15.07:28   #181-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Donation drive launched UTST | UNITE TO SAVE THE TOWN

It is possible for The Trust board to set up something like a 200 or to be ambitious a 500 club whatever.
They did try this about 10 years ago but members failed to join.
200 times say a £60 per annum joining fee equals ? then split 50/50 to generate monthly prize money. Well something like that .
You never know with the current membership the uptake could be better than last time.

Every little helps !!
Old 31st May 2020, 15.13:28   #182-0 (permalink)
wil
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
It is possible for The Trust board to set up something like a 200 or to be ambitious a 500 club whatever.
They did try this about 10 years ago but members failed to join.
200 times say a £60 per annum joining fee equals ? then split 50/50 to generate monthly prize money. Well something like that .
You never know with the current membership the uptake could be better than last time.

Every little helps !!
This idea but with a twist. Say 500 people pay the trust for the club, then the trust donates that money back into the club for a promotion push
Radical I know .
Old 31st May 2020, 15.15:35   #183-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
So you're saying the club will fold if we don't donate? Show us proof of how we need to "save" the club

Haven't we received over £200k in furlough payments?
Yeah, we're kind of treading water now, but in a couple of months time when the furlough scheme gets tapered and then ends we will have some major outgoings with potentially very little coming into the club.
Old 31st May 2020, 15.17:49   #184-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil View Post
This idea but with a twist. Say 500 people pay the trust for the club, then the trust donates that money back into the club for a promotion push
Radical I know .
Do I detect a flaw ? That would mean the Trust being wound up. ?
Old 31st May 2020, 15.28:07   #185-0 (permalink)
wil
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
That's correct, you dont.
Old 31st May 2020, 15.30:02   #186-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
That a bonus but I think he knew that.

The WST is an owner, they are transitory. The club takes precedence not the other way around.
Old 31st May 2020, 15.56:58   #187-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Red View Post
By meaning the club survive the pandemic ?

Very depressing thread with the anti trust brigade willing to see the club fold it appears.
That is another blatant lie from a member of the ever diminishing faithful. No sensible person wants that. It is depressing but not because of this thread.

Why is there an anti-trust brigade because failure has been long tolerated and the fans have been more loyal than might be reasonably expected?

No private owner would have been afforded anywhere near the level of comfort and support they have been given in the same circumstances.

The major players in the current set need to realise the game is up and go. Until then the fans are in a difficult position, provide more funds and shore them up or risk the extinction of the club.

I hope sense is seen. If the club folds it will not be because of the fans but as previously the fault of the owners. You cannot have it all ways and you and they need to face that they have been well and truly rumbled.

If the fans save them now but they then carry on as normal they are just delaying the inevitable under their direction.

If the fans stump up they still need to go. I also venture to suggest if those major players eat humble pie, stood down now but offered any help required to have a successful handover there will be an even bigger response to the appeal to donate.
Old 31st May 2020, 16.01:48   #188-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
That is another blatant lie from a member of the ever diminishing faithful. No sensible person wants that. It is depressing but not because of this thread.

Why is there an anti-trust brigade because failure has been long tolerated and the fans have been more loyal than might be reasonably expected?

No private owner would have been afforded anywhere near the level of comfort and support they have been given in the same circumstances.

The major players in the current set need to realise the game is up and go. Until then the fans are in a difficult position, provide more funds and shore them up or risk the extinction of the club.

I hope sense is seen. If the club folds it will not be because of the fans but as previously the fault of the owners. You cannot have it all ways and you and they need to face that they have been well and truly rumbled.

If the fans save them now but they then carry on as normal they are just delaying the inevitable under their direction.

If the fans stump up they still need to go. I also venture to suggest if those major players eat humble pie, stood down now but offered any help required to have a successful handover there will be an even bigger response to the appeal to donate.
I must have missed the list of Private owners who have been forced out of clubs. Can you please post it again.
Old 31st May 2020, 16.24:29   #189-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
I didn't think the WST backed the flats proposal. I do know there were 2 proposals. I think the first was withdrawn because of some local opposition and lack of parking etc and the 2nd was the one that the Uni have now.
All this this very interesting stuff I'm sure but the more pressing matter is ensuring the club still has a future and a prosperous one at that.

We can only play with the hand we have now not one we may have in an alternative fantasy world.

In practical terms who cares but I accept it all left huge emotional scars?

Moving on is the phrase in vogue these days, I believe.

If the WST succeeded or failed back then is one thing but what they do now in the current climate is absolutely crucial. If you are pro-WST be aware that past deeds will count for nothing with the fans if it goes wrong now, especially given the guff about enhanced sustainability and super excellent financial management.

On the other hand, you now have poll position to ditch the deadwood and find a way through the flames around us. I for one would give credit for success where it is due but in reality is there anyone in the ownership structure with strength and skills to do the necessary? If so where the hell have they been hiding?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.15:50.