Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th September 2020, 10.32:06   #667-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: OFFICIAL - Bidders are Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney

Peter Moore with the money of a Hollywood actor like Reynolds really is dreamland and a perfect combination. Got everything crossed that this happens.
Old 26th September 2020, 10.56:07   #668-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Red View Post
Trying to be objective I think League One in ten years would be a good outcome for all concerned. My feeling is that expectations have been raised and the new owners shoot for the moon. Time will tell and at my age there is fair chance I will not be around to see what happens in more ways than one.
My old man has been struggling to get to games recently for health reasons, but the number one reason why he and therefore myself have stopped going is the product on offer and the lack of hope of it betting better any time soon It's never been great for a long time but it's steadily gotten worse to the point where quite frankly, it was stinking the place out and no longer acceptable. People accepting this state of affairs, sometimes celebrating it and willing to put up with worse just rubbed salt into the wounds.

If this deal gets done, then we'll both by queuing for tickets again and paying for a stream. Not because we expect Pearson to turn into Van Dyke, for Keates to turn into Klopp or for Redmond to break a sweat. But for the first time since God knows when there is some hope on the horizon that we might actually start looking forwards towards bigger and better things. With the right people, is it really impossible to be where Brentford are for example?

We could be at the start of a wonderful journey, sadly many will not see the final destination, but in the mean time let's all get on board. It's ok for expectations to be raised, it's ok to dream, it's what sport is all about. Just for once, let's live the dream.
Old 26th September 2020, 11.14:21   #669-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
My old man has been struggling to get to games recently for health reasons, but the number one reason why he and therefore myself have stopped going is the product on offer and the lack of hope of it betting better any time soon It's never been great for a long time but it's steadily gotten worse to the point where quite frankly, it was stinking the place out and no longer acceptable. People accepting this state of affairs, sometimes celebrating it and willing to put up with worse just rubbed salt into the wounds.

If this deal gets done, then we'll both by queuing for tickets again and paying for a stream. Not because we expect Pearson to turn into Van Dyke, for Keates to turn into Klopp or for Redmond to break a sweat. But for the first time since God knows when there is some hope on the horizon that we might actually start looking forwards towards bigger and better things. With the right people, is it really impossible to be where Brentford are for example?

We could be at the start of a wonderful journey, sadly many will not see the final destination, but in the mean time let's all get on board. It's ok for expectations to be raised, it's ok to dream, it's what sport is all about. Just for once, let's live the dream.
Well said Sparky, here’s to dreaming!
Posted via mobile theme
Old 26th September 2020, 11.17:12   #670-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

I find comments from neutrals interesting ,it reminds you of how others think of us !!
I was looking at the Wrexham thread on the Slops Blue and Amber forum .
One post that did catch my eye ,apart from the one from one of our brothers trying to reason with one or two of their posters about it , was this-

This isn't a dig at Wrexham (although I never miss an opportunity to do that!), but it never ceases to amaze me at the fickleness of football fans. The cycle has happened a few times

Businessman with no links to the club steps in and promises big money/investment
Fans celebrate at the investment
The investment leads to short term success
Football club then runs into trouble financially
Fans berate the owners, moan at the authorities for letting it happen
A trust steps in
Fans celebrate and tell the rest of
the footballing world how they are run properly now
Stability and success comes, more 'we are the model to follow' from the fans
Football club either becomes stale or worse because lack of investment
Fans question the trust
Businessman with no links to the club steps in and promises big money/investment
Fans celebrate at the investment

And so on.....

Portsmouth did it, Swansea did it, Telford nearly did it (they just couldnt find anyone daft enough to invest for a second time), I'm sure there are other examples but the point is, fans love the idea of being fan owned, until they hit a rocky spell and then someone comes along and promises a bucketload of cash

Lets hope our 'saviours' are Knights in shining armour

Last edited by Jumpersforgoalposts; 26th September 2020 at 11.29:53..
Old 26th September 2020, 11.22:39   #671-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

I don’t disagree with that train of thought but, these guys aren’t just businessmen from the the UK buying a club to leverage debt, or a short term investment. These guys have immense wealth and it would look terrible for them to invest then ditch after a year or two.

It’s not the usual standard of businessmen - a bloke who owns a few car dealerships, or a smallish UK based insurance company, or owned a smaller club previously, or had a scrap metal business.

Obviously I’m excited with my head telling me to wait for more details. But my heart tells me it’s going to a fun ride, probably sprinkled with some success. These guys want a winning team, and have the ability to back it.

Last edited by louisleftboot; 26th September 2020 at 11.24:11..
Old 26th September 2020, 11.37:52   #672-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
I don’t disagree with that train of thought but, these guys aren’t just businessmen from the the UK buying a club to leverage debt, or a short term investment. These guys have immense wealth and it would look terrible for them to invest then ditch after a year or two.

It’s not the usual standard of businessmen - a bloke who owns a few car dealerships, or a smallish UK based insurance company, or owned a smaller club previously, or had a scrap metal business.

Obviously I’m excited with my head telling me to wait for more details. But my heart tells me it’s going to a fun ride, probably sprinkled with some success. These guys want a winning team, and have the ability to back it.
Oh ,dont worry Louis , I am very much of your train of thought myself !!
Roll on the detail -we all need a boost in the arm at the minute
Old 26th September 2020, 15.19:22   #673-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
These guys have immense wealth and it would look terrible for them to invest then ditch after a year or two.
Although I agree with your sentiments at the end of the day they are entrepreneurs. Ryan Reynolds bought into Aviation gin in 2017 because he honestly believed it was the best premium gin he had tasted. Since 2006 every bottle of Aviation Gin has been handcrafted in small batches by a dedicated team of master distillers at House of Spirit distillery in Portland, Oregon. Ryan’s involvement with the company has increased it’s profile and it started exporting to countries around the world including UK. In August 2020 Davos Brands, who are co owners of Aviation Gin with Reynolds, sold all their business’s to Diageo for $335 and a further $275m spread over the next 10 years (depending on performance).
You have to wonder what is the future of the distillery in Oregon is. I can not envisage Diageo producing Aviation Gin in Oregon and then exporting it to the UK especially when the have surplus capacity at their Scottish distilleries due to 25% increase in tax tariffs to the USA and the product is 99% water.
Personally I think Reynolds will want to add value to the Wrexham brand and then sell on. The easiest way to add value is get them to be a football league team with a solid base and a positive future.

I am looking forward to further details so I can make an informed decision before voting. At the moment it’s like deciding whether to marry Pamela Anderson, you know it won’t last long, but it will be one hell of a ride.
Old 26th September 2020, 15.31:11   #674-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Yup, I agree that’s what they may be doing. But they will not invest then ditch quickly. And they won’t ditch unless they made a better product to sell. A better product will be in the Football League which I’m more than happy with.
Old 27th September 2020, 06.47:24   #675-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

have you seen pamela anderson lately
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.39:41.