Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th October 2020, 06.30:29   #28-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacthelad View Post
So the plan along was to not score? Ffs
Posted via mobile theme
Yeah, that makes no sense unless the plan was to get a 0-0 draw, but in that case you are always open to getting done by a set piece. So tactically naïve.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 7th October 2020, 06.34:21   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Default Re: Dean Keates

Takeover has to happen for him to go soon. Otherwise the trust board won’t sack him as they’d be admitting to another poor managerial appointment.
Old 7th October 2020, 06.35:06   #30-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianRed View Post
So we set up 4-5-1 I guess (hard to tell at times), stroke the ball across the defence a few times and then... hit a hopeful ball towards the lone striker?? If you’re trying to pack out the midfield, build through it, don’t bypass it.
A talented midfield at that. Young and Davies looked quality everytime they got the ball, which unfortunately was no where near often enough. Late in the 2nd half, Davies often found himself in line with the defence just to receive the ball.
Old 7th October 2020, 07.08:17   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

Yes Jordan Davies did look good in defensive midfield, but that's because he is a quality player. The thing is he would look even better further up the pitch and would have caused them.some.problems instead of having to sit just in front of the defenders. The spaces up front was clear to see, if we in a ball deep then you need someone up top to aim for, otherwise we are stuck passing it in our half of the pitch. Thomas was the loan striker being.made to come back into defence for every corner and when we didn't have the ball he was coming deep. It felt more like a 5 5 0 formation at times. It's simple to me, with the way Thomas wins headers and flicks the ball on, he has to start with another striker up top with him, otherwise all he is doing is knocking it on to their defence. Last night was lost by the managers tactics, nothing to do with the quality of the players on display. It's not rocket science is it, to score goals you need to be on the front foot, pressing higher up the pitch, have your better players in attacking positions and a striker in the middle of the box to aim at. Maybe Keates and Darlington should go back to school.

Last edited by harrypothead; 7th October 2020 at 07.10:01..
Old 7th October 2020, 07.23:31   #32-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

On paper I think Keates has assembled a pretty decent squad given the circumstances...

However he has learned nothing from last season and its the same old issues.

Problem is the current set up won't get rid of him unless we go on a really bad run and any takeover I think he will be given the benefit of the doubt.

So looks like it will be mid table at best this season
Old 7th October 2020, 08.02:22   #33-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
On paper I think Keates has assembled a pretty decent squad given the circumstances...

However he has learned nothing from last season and its the same old issues.

Problem is the current set up won't get rid of him unless we go on a really bad run and any takeover I think he will be given the benefit of the doubt.

So looks like it will be mid table at best this season
Pretty much agree with this, i think a lot of the players we have are perfectly capable of seeing off the likes of Solihull etc.

But the tactics are just wrong. We are sound defensively so why not be a bit more adventurous going forward?
Old 7th October 2020, 08.21:29   #34-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

I never wanted Keates back and was pissed off at the boards decision.

However, he is here now and surely two games in to a new season is a bit early to be calling for his head!
Old 7th October 2020, 08.23:47   #35-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
I never wanted Keates back and was pissed off at the boards decision.

However, he is here now and surely two games in to a new season is a bit early to be calling for his head!
To be fair, most of us either didn't want him back or wanted him gone after xmas last season.

Already we can see nothing has changed.
Old 7th October 2020, 08.28:10   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexy View Post
He seemed a lot more relaxed in pre-season and talked a lot more with a smile on his face. This latest interview flips that completely, immediately on the defensive and hostile throughout.

I think he has got a plan in mind, but he knows he's going to get a lot of flack while he's working things out. He needs to get his head in gear, otherwise he's going to be taking big gambles when things don't go to plan.

Two games in a row where we've been shapeless in attack. What's it going to take for that to change? (apart from the obvious)
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.36:53.