Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd May 2021, 10.32:42   #226-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: "Keates Has Earned His Shot at Next Season"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
Sutton finished only 7 points ahead of us last season having played a game more. They haven't been willing to settle for average, I don't think we should be.
To many fans living in the past who are just happy to have a club,we are going up a level soon we dont have to have coaching staff who would look better in the league of Wales,Keates next job will be in the northern premier league.
Old 22nd May 2021, 10.44:17   #227-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

All this coming from a man who says he doesn't watch football to be entertained. At the end of the day entertainment is key for the new owners, it's what they are all about. I hope the fact that Keates is not allowed to offer contracts this season is a sign of things to come. Mark Griffiths has been watching for too long and has now accepted the crap football that is on display at the Racecourse every other week. He is happy for us to play defensive and always finds an excuse for Dean Keates. When we do play well, maybe once in every 5 games during a season, he goes on like Keates is the best manager we have ever had. I would rather us play good football every week, and set us to win every game. Keates style sets us up for a battle each week. That style does not go with a league winning team. We set up to be punched and somtimes we just can't punch back. Way too big of a risk to play this way when we sign the best players at this level.

Oh and Keates hasn't made Jordan Davies into the player he is, that was done years ago before he signed for Brighton, the only thing Keates has done now is play him where he played at Brighton, yes that's playing him in his natural position, and not in defensive midfield.

Saying all this I'm behind Wrexham FC, whoever is our manager, I will support however, we have finally managed to get out of the black hole that was the WST ownership, and I feel that Keates and Co are the last thing that is left at the club from their terrible ownership.

Mark Griffiths is entitled to his opinion, and by supporting Keates through all, he would like nothing more than to be proved right. The thing is, the new owners wont take any notice of this report or Mark Griffiths, because he is in a very small minority of wanting Keates to stay. Put it this way, I doubt that you could find 100 fans that want Dean Keates as our manager next season. The board have to take note of this. The other 4 to 5 thousand fans want him gone, and I suspect Fox TV wont be keen on having him as the main person on the tv show either.

Last edited by harrypothead; 22nd May 2021 at 10.48:38..
Old 22nd May 2021, 10.59:42   #228-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
All this coming from a man who says he doesn't watch football to be entertained. At the end of the day entertainment is key for the new owners, it's what they are all about. I hope the fact that Keates is not allowed to offer contracts this season is a sign of things to come. Mark Griffiths has been watching for too long and has now accepted the crap football that is on display at the Racecourse every other week. He is happy for us to play defensive and always finds an excuse for Dean Keates. When we do play well, maybe once in every 5 games during a season, he goes on like Keates is the best manager we have ever had. I would rather us play good football every week, and set us to win every game. Keates style sets us up for a battle each week. That style does not go with a league winning team. We set up to be punched and somtimes we just can't punch back. Way too big of a risk to play this way when we sign the best players at this level.

Oh and Keates hasn't made Jordan Davies into the player he is, that was done years ago before he signed for Brighton, the only thing Keates has done now is play him where he played at Brighton, yes that's playing him in his natural position, and not in defensive midfield.

Saying all this I'm behind Wrexham FC, whoever is our manager, I will support however, we have finally managed to get out of the black hole that was the WST ownership, and I feel that Keates and Co are the last thing that is left at the club from their terrible ownership.

Mark Griffiths is entitled to his opinion, and by supporting Keates through all, he would like nothing more than to be proved right. The thing is, the new owners wont take any notice of this report or Mark Griffiths, because he is in a very small minority of wanting Keates to stay. Put it this way, I doubt that you could find 100 fans that want Dean Keates as our manager next season. The board have to take note of this. The other 4 to 5 thousand fans want him gone, and I suspect Fox TV wont be keen on having him as the main person on the tv show either.
Bang on mate, good post.
Old 22nd May 2021, 11.10:01   #229-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsdragon View Post
"he repurposed Jordon Davies" - does that mean he played him out of position for months ?
Wasn't he played in more attacking positions at Brighton? Then Keates played him as a holding midfielder which didnt work, before pushing him forward and utilising the skills he developed at Brighton?
Old 22nd May 2021, 12.34:59   #230-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
But at least Bryan Hughes was a class act on the football field,as Keates was a lower league footballer at best,and the two of them where useless as managers.
Very true about their respective playing ability. Fair to say that neither have set the world alight with their management skills.

I find it a bit sinister when folk say you cannot criticise in-place managers. Does this also apply to PMs when they sometimes go astray?

However, criticisms should be fair and balanced, and certainly not ad hominem.
Old 22nd May 2021, 13.23:01   #231-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post

We re all entitled to opinions. Mark Griffiths writes his . Personally I like Mark s enthusiasm and dedication with the podcasts, and articles. Some may consider that he is always positive and optimistic. Others may agree with some or all of what he says. I have heard him offer criticism of Keates. I find it interesting that posts here often say 80% or most etc people didn’t want Keates back and want him gone etc. This cannot be proven either way as there has been no accurate survey of all fans has been taken . Though we know that the one recent vote was very nearly unanimous for the takeover- separate issue.
My belief, no accurate survey again, just a view is that many fans didn’t begrudge Keates leaving to go to his hometown club. I and many others ( again no accurate survey) were not unhappy when he returned. Everyone here wants the same thing - success for Wrexhamfc. If we scrape 5 wins 1-0 we are up. Yes I know unlikely. But we all know anything is possible. How many of us saw the two 0-4 away wins. Keates May stay he may go. It’s not in our hands. My opinion is that one option is to see what he can do with money in the summer, as he has a eye for finding players. Of course others may disagree. That’s fine. Enjoy the afternoon friends . If we get in the play off we all know anything is possible.
Old 22nd May 2021, 13.37:15   #232-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamrob View Post
We re all entitled to opinions. Mark Griffiths writes his . Personally I like Mark s enthusiasm and dedication with the podcasts, and articles. Some may consider that he is always positive and optimistic. Others may agree with some or all of what he says. I have heard him offer criticism of Keates. I find it interesting that posts here often say 80% or most etc people didn’t want Keates back and want him gone etc. This cannot be proven either way as there has been no accurate survey of all fans has been taken . Though we know that the one recent vote was very nearly unanimous for the takeover- separate issue.
My belief, no accurate survey again, just a view is that many fans didn’t begrudge Keates leaving to go to his hometown club. I and many others ( again no accurate survey) were not unhappy when he returned. Everyone here wants the same thing - success for Wrexhamfc. If we scrape 5 wins 1-0 we are up. Yes I know unlikely. But we all know anything is possible. How many of us saw the two 0-4 away wins. Keates May stay he may go. It’s not in our hands. My opinion is that one option is to see what he can do with money in the summer, as he has a eye for finding players. Of course others may disagree. That’s fine. Enjoy the afternoon friends . If we get in the play off we all know anything is possible.

I would rather risk someone else seeing what they can do with the money in the summer but as you rightly point out we are all entitled to our opinion.

Enjoy the game and lets hope for three points today.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.28:06.