Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th July 2021, 14.20:00   #1-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: excutive box
Twitter: @

Default whos going to fill the corporate boxes??

Ive been fortunate enough to be in a box on the mold road side with family and friends for the last 4yrs years or so,not alot to cheer about in that time,but weve all still turned up and supported our team thru thick and thin,always put £50 into the 50/50,in that time not many other boxes have been used at all,so we have new owners and the razzamatazz thats going with it,thats all fine and dandy and how do we treat people who have supported the club?Well we hike the box upto £15k this year !!!!So who do you think is going to pay that kind of money this year?? Best of luck new owners selling the boxes.
Old 24th July 2021, 14.24:00   #2-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Default Re: whos going to fill the corporate boxes??

How much did they used to be?

I imagine they will still get snapped up. The prawn sandwich brigade will soon arrive to watch Mullin bang in 40 goals.
Old 24th July 2021, 14.26:50   #3-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Brad Pitt, Becks, Pele, Bumarse and Titface have already expressed an interest.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 24th July 2021, 14.28:39   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Sorry but we should be charging as much as we can for the boxes. The product on offer will be so much better. The WST era they were probably under charging anyway.
Old 24th July 2021, 14.28:54   #5-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Behind the kop being sick

It’s goes with the territory I’m afraid.You want big name signings,somebody has got to pay.You could always get a season ticket instead
Old 24th July 2021, 14.35:22   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS

Didn’t they used to be bought by local companies who then use it for their employees and clients? It’s a shame for you but as soon as the take over went through this was always going to happen
Old 24th July 2021, 14.38:35   #7-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankly View Post
Ive been fortunate enough to be in a box on the mold road side with family and friends for the last 4yrs years or so,not alot to cheer about in that time,but weve all still turned up and supported our team thru thick and thin,always put £50 into the 50/50,in that time not many other boxes have been used at all,so we have new owners and the razzamatazz thats going with it,thats all fine and dandy and how do we treat people who have supported the club?Well we hike the box upto £15k this year !!!!So who do you think is going to pay that kind of money this year?? Best of luck new owners selling the boxes.
I think this is very unfortunate and I don't think any one is belittling your contribution.......however.......

The club is a business, and big business at that since the takeover. This comes with a price tag attached to it.

As fans, we either move forward with the club and its new found fame (and fortune) or we hark for the days when the ground was less than half full, the team struggled in mid table NL and the football made you want to cry.

It's a choice point and you just have to make that choice. Move with it or support Connah's Quay. Harsh but that's where we are.

There will be plenty that are happy to take your place sorry mate, and that's not being horrible. Get a season ticket as someone else said
Old 24th July 2021, 14.41:58   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Twitter: @Alida Valli

It is important that the club recognises the fans who have kept the ship afloat especially during the last ten years or so. They've done that to an extent by giving last years season ticket holders the chance to renew before general sale. Recognising of course that many regulars don't buy season tickets for various reasons. Or didn't.

If they sell out, as they possibly could, then I wonder how they will deal with more demand than supply the season after? A nice problem to have I suppose and I'm all for welcoming new fans to the club, it happened big style during the glory years of the 70s when, after years of being able to pick your spot, park anywhere and trot up 5 minutes before kick off, all of a sudden it seemed the stadium became packed most games and you needed plenty of time to get there and get in. And queue for tickets before some games.

Then, almost as quickly the side slid down the leagues with what seemed a pitifully small hardcore of supporters left. Its remarkable how well the fan base has been maintained during our time in non league though. Much larger than many of our games in the leagues above at times.

If things progress as they should then no doubt the fan base will grow massively and the ground will be much fuller than before. But nothing lasts forever and one day we'll need the diehards again. So lets try to keep them sweet if we can.
Old 24th July 2021, 14.52:05   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paddock Man View Post
It is important that the club recognises the fans who have kept the ship afloat especially during the last ten years or so. They've done that to an extent by giving last years season ticket holders the chance to renew before general sale. Recognising of course that many regulars don't buy season tickets for various reasons. Or didn't.

If they sell out, as they possibly could, then I wonder how they will deal with more demand than supply the season after? A nice problem to have I suppose and I'm all for welcoming new fans to the club, it happened big style during the glory years of the 70s when, after years of being able to pick your spot, park anywhere and trot up 5 minutes before kick off, all of a sudden it seemed the stadium became packed most games and you needed plenty of time to get there and get in. And queue for tickets before some games.

Then, almost as quickly the side slid down the leagues with what seemed a pitifully small hardcore of supporters left. Its remarkable how well the fan base has been maintained during our time in non league though. Much larger than many of our games in the leagues above at times.

If things progress as they should then no doubt the fan base will grow massively and the ground will be much fuller than before. But nothing lasts forever and one day we'll need the diehards again. So lets try to keep them sweet if we can.
I have every sympathy with Shankly and would have thought some kind of discount would be appropriate at least for the coming season.
IF old Drakeford brings back restrictions on the serving of food again or attendence then the boxes may have to close.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.52:59.