Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Three Episode Threads: S3E1 Welcome To EFL / S3E2 Goals / Notts Again / Risky Business / Temporary ...

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th September 2021, 08.40:45   #10-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Woking (H) Ratings

Lainton 7 not much to do, but pulled off that great save late on
Hayden 8 great defensively, distribution mixed, but provided the spark by playing in mullin
Tozer 7 solid
Lennon 7 liked the look of him. Comfortable on the ball and crucially made the defence look a coherent unit
French 7 does a great job up and down the line, and for a CB who can play RB, he is a real attacking threat.
Jones 7 a tidy player, but I don’t think we have seen the best of him
Young 6 defensively I thought he was great, but got caught a couple of times
Davies 8 lovely composure for the goal
Reckord 7 I wasn’t impressed with him last season but he has looked good both times i have seen him this time. Defensively he is impervious, but not as good as French going forward.
Hyde 7 did a good job, his close control is excellent
Mullin 8 Provided the magic. He is going to turn so many draws into wins for us this term

Subs:
McAlinden don’t think he deserves the criticism as he was clearly trying to get on the ball late on to retain possession, although he may have been better hoofing for the corner flag
Jones what can I say. His legs have clearly gone, as he made three fouls (2 resulting in yellows) when he was beaten by their lad and had absolutely no capacity to turn and keep up. Dean Furman must have been woeful.

MOTM - Woking left backs ankle socks
Old 12th September 2021, 09.04:44   #11-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Lainton 7 not much to do, but pulled off that great save late on
Hayden 8 great defensively, distribution mixed, but provided the spark by playing in mullin
Tozer 7 solid
Lennon 7 liked the look of him. Comfortable on the ball and crucially made the defence look a coherent unit
French 7 does a great job up and down the line, and for a CB who can play RB, he is a real attacking threat.
Jones 7 a tidy player, but I don’t think we have seen the best of him
Young 6 defensively I thought he was great, but got caught a couple of times
Davies 8 lovely composure for the goal
Reckord 7 I wasn’t impressed with him last season but he has looked good both times i have seen him this time. Defensively he is impervious, but not as good as French going forward.
Hyde 7 did a good job, his close control is excellent
Mullin 8 Provided the magic. He is going to turn so many draws into wins for us this term

Subs:
McAlinden don’t think he deserves the criticism as he was clearly trying to get on the ball late on to retain possession, although he may have been better hoofing for the corner flag
Jones what can I say. His legs have clearly gone, as he made three fouls (2 resulting in yellows) when he was beaten by their lad and had absolutely no capacity to turn and keep up. Dean Furman must have been woeful.

MOTM - Woking left backs ankle socks

I'm with you on McAlinden. I've probably only seen an hour or so of him so far, but I actually think he looks a pretty skilful and decent footballer at this level and will do well for us.
Old 12th September 2021, 09.44:20   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Lainton 8 - pretty much untroubled but a great save at the end to preserve the points

Hayden 6 - was given the run around first half by a very tricky forward and got involved in stuff with Diarra which, knowing the ref was shocking, could have resulted in a red card.
Tozer 7 - holds it all together for me. Calm, untroubled and assertive
Lennon 7 - I think that was his best game in a Wrexham shirt. Distribution a bit wayward but other than that had a decent game.

The back 3/5 deserve great credit for keeping Woking to 1 direct shot on goal

French - 7 had a great first half and always available on the overlap
Young 6 - gets caught on the ball too much for me but never gives up
J Jones 7 - a very clever player and he will be pivotal going forward. Up against it but faded a bit 2nd half.
J Davies 6 - scored with a great header but at times was anonymous. Hope he’s ok for Tuesday?
Reckord 7 - this is a different player than we saw last season. His link up play down the left, especially 2nd half was very good

Hyde 8 - worked his socks off for little reward against Diarra but never stopped running all day.
Mullin 8.5 MOTM very clever player. Drew fouls, drew their defenders all over the place and set up chances all afternoon. He set up the goal for Davies.

Subs
D Jones 4 - a man of his experience should know better and could have cost us the game
Mcalinden 5 - not really on long enough but the lung busting run was very creditable.

Great win against a really difficult opponent.
Thought it was a stone wall penalty at the end but we’ve had those decisions go against us so que sera.
Was not impressed with JMD he spent all afternoon either rolling on the floor or waving imaginary cards. Showed a lack of respect.
Old 12th September 2021, 09.49:46   #13-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Usually GUS

Lainton 8 - Gets an extra point for the worldie at the end and endured a difficult spell just after half-time. Maybe stuttered again for a one-on-one but claimed the ball this tweek.

French 7 - Really good performance and worked well going forward and was calm in defence. Played some nice passes at the back with Hayden, Tozer and J Jones. He was targeted by their big lump for the long ball in the centre half and did well along with Hayden. Didn't really take advantage of Casey having a stinker.

Hayden 7 - Had a slow start especially against Campbell. Recovered really well in the second half and made some important headers in the second half to preserve the lead.

Tozer 8 - Seems to breeze through today's game and helped Hayden and French play out nearly from the back. He will be an important player for us and might end being our de facto captain. He could probably push into the holding role when Brisley is fit if we need a change in our midfield.

Lennon 7 - Good game with some impressive recovery tackles and some worldie Hollywood passes to French. Followed by several Steven Leslie-esque passes into the stands.

Reckord 7 - Much more like the player we heard about from Solihull. Great Cruyff turn that the ref weirdly deemed a foul and was a big part in creating space for Jordan to score. Lots of energy and worked well with Jordan, hopefully he keeps improving.

Young 6 - Seemingly had his relatives/friends in front of me today and maybe that's why he tried a little too hard snatching at things, holding on to the ball for too long and diving into tackles he was never going to make. I don't think the midfield suits his style but can't fault his effort. Hopefully he will gel a bit more over the season but nothing really came off for him today.

J Jones 7 - Linked up well with French and that partnership seems to be blossoming. Has a keen eye and always wanted the ball yet always getting back to support French.

Davies 8 - Comfortable on the ball and seems to be pulling 2 players towards him these days. Unfortunately its making him a target for some tough challenges. Like Jones and French, he worked well with Reckord in another partnership that worked well. He dragged a few good shooting opportunities wide but absolutely nailed the header, really composed finish given the amount of time he had to think about it.

Mullin 8 - What a player we have even when he isn't scoring. He has such an unorthodox running style but never seems to panic and for a striker who scored soo many he's still always looking to bring people into play. Skinned Casey with a step over and got the ball into the box, great assist for Davies but more importantly we're down to 10 men and he's chasing people to the RB position. The guys a winner and could leave this club a legend if we can start getting him better service.

Hyde 6 - Tough game against a man mountain and a CB who seemed to have a magnet in his head for today's match ball. His touch let him down a few times and took him away from goal but he also got some nice layoffs in too. He was blowing out of his ass for the last 10 and should have been replaced by Dior right towards the end to run down the clock.

Subs
D Jones 2 - Came in cold and was completely off the pace. He got caught in possession twice and got away with one. I felt the 2 fouls with a decent ref would have been a yellow and a warning but he give the ref a decision to make(once he'd consulted the Woking players). Stupid decision that made our afternoon harder.

MacAlinden 5 - Chaotic, erratic and clunky. Did well with his touch and to get the other side of his man in a 1-on-1 but then bizarrely passed it noone. Should have just smashed it. The he should have passed to Hyde but seemingly had ice skates on and just fell over.

Woking
A good organised side with some big players and will be somewhere near the play offs if they keep going like today. Casey was the living embodiment of Randell from recess sprinting to the ref to snitch from anywhere across the field, we should have targeted him. The goalkeeper looked nervous and we barely tested him at all to take advantage. Campbell looked a threat and clearly the early game plan was to soak up pressure and give it to him at any opportunity. I though the other strike partner Oakley looked tidy and held the ball up well but luckily had no joy against Tozer and Lennon.

Officials 1 - Probably the worst officials I have seen at this level, mostly incorrect or pendantic decisions that ruined the game for both teams. Bizarrely he also didn't give obvious decisions, such as their penalty. The ref lost control of the game early and lucky his decisions didn't lead to a meltdown from the players and fans. Hopefully he's reported by both teams and never allowed back at this level. Not exactly helped by his assistants either.
Old 12th September 2021, 09.57:49   #14-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Hayden also missed an absolute glorious chance!
Old 12th September 2021, 16.31:41   #15-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Lainton 8 - Superb save at the end although JMD should have buried it.

French 7 - Reliable, athletic, and getting better going forward. RHJ is going to have a hard time getting back in.
Lennon 8 - Pleasantly suprised! He was great
Tozer 8 - Rolls Royce of a player. It’s just so easy for him.
Hayden 6 - Thought their number 19 gave him a run around, got dragged out of position a lot. But he’s still class.
Reckord 7 - Told you all last summer he’s the best left back in the league didn’t I? Really solid to be fair although a little slow to offer a lot going forward.

Young 6
Davies 7
JJ 7 - Links up really well with French on that right. Such an intelligent player, will be huge for us.

Hyde 6 - Can never fault his effort but it just didn’t go right for him yesterday.
Mullin 8 - Wasn’t 100% and still takes the piss. What a signing he is.

D Jones 3 - First foul was a good foul to make as they countered, but a man of his experience should know better on that second one.
McAlinden 5 - Weird player. Moment of quality to get through then squared to no one. Clearly has ability but plays as if he’s drunk.
Old 12th September 2021, 16.44:25   #16-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Wrex View Post
Lainton 8 - Gets an extra point for the worldie at the end and endured a difficult spell just after half-time. Maybe stuttered again for a one-on-one but claimed the ball this tweek.

French 7 - Really good performance and worked well going forward and was calm in defence. Played some nice passes at the back with Hayden, Tozer and J Jones. He was targeted by their big lump for the long ball in the centre half and did well along with Hayden. Didn't really take advantage of Casey having a stinker.

Hayden 7 - Had a slow start especially against Campbell. Recovered really well in the second half and made some important headers in the second half to preserve the lead.

Tozer 8 - Seems to breeze through today's game and helped Hayden and French play out nearly from the back. He will be an important player for us and might end being our de facto captain. He could probably push into the holding role when Brisley is fit if we need a change in our midfield.

Lennon 7 - Good game with some impressive recovery tackles and some worldie Hollywood passes to French. Followed by several Steven Leslie-esque passes into the stands.

Reckord 7 - Much more like the player we heard about from Solihull. Great Cruyff turn that the ref weirdly deemed a foul and was a big part in creating space for Jordan to score. Lots of energy and worked well with Jordan, hopefully he keeps improving.

Young 6 - Seemingly had his relatives/friends in front of me today and maybe that's why he tried a little too hard snatching at things, holding on to the ball for too long and diving into tackles he was never going to make. I don't think the midfield suits his style but can't fault his effort. Hopefully he will gel a bit more over the season but nothing really came off for him today.

J Jones 7 - Linked up well with French and that partnership seems to be blossoming. Has a keen eye and always wanted the ball yet always getting back to support French.

Davies 8 - Comfortable on the ball and seems to be pulling 2 players towards him these days. Unfortunately its making him a target for some tough challenges. Like Jones and French, he worked well with Reckord in another partnership that worked well. He dragged a few good shooting opportunities wide but absolutely nailed the header, really composed finish given the amount of time he had to think about it.

Mullin 8 - What a player we have even when he isn't scoring. He has such an unorthodox running style but never seems to panic and for a striker who scored soo many he's still always looking to bring people into play. Skinned Casey with a step over and got the ball into the box, great assist for Davies but more importantly we're down to 10 men and he's chasing people to the RB position. The guys a winner and could leave this club a legend if we can start getting him better service.

Hyde 6 - Tough game against a man mountain and a CB who seemed to have a magnet in his head for today's match ball. His touch let him down a few times and took him away from goal but he also got some nice layoffs in too. He was blowing out of his ass for the last 10 and should have been replaced by Dior right towards the end to run down the clock.

Subs
D Jones 2 - Came in cold and was completely off the pace. He got caught in possession twice and got away with one. I felt the 2 fouls with a decent ref would have been a yellow and a warning but he give the ref a decision to make(once he'd consulted the Woking players). Stupid decision that made our afternoon harder.

MacAlinden 5 - Chaotic, erratic and clunky. Did well with his touch and to get the other side of his man in a 1-on-1 but then bizarrely passed it noone. Should have just smashed it. The he should have passed to Hyde but seemingly had ice skates on and just fell over.

Woking
A good organised side with some big players and will be somewhere near the play offs if they keep going like today. Casey was the living embodiment of Randell from recess sprinting to the ref to snitch from anywhere across the field, we should have targeted him. The goalkeeper looked nervous and we barely tested him at all to take advantage. Campbell looked a threat and clearly the early game plan was to soak up pressure and give it to him at any opportunity. I though the other strike partner Oakley looked tidy and held the ball up well but luckily had no joy against Tozer and Lennon.

Officials 1 - Probably the worst officials I have seen at this level, mostly incorrect or pendantic decisions that ruined the game for both teams. Bizarrely he also didn't give obvious decisions, such as their penalty. The ref lost control of the game early and lucky his decisions didn't lead to a meltdown from the players and fans. Hopefully he's reported by both teams and never allowed back at this level. Not exactly helped by his assistants either.
Pretty much agree with that but would bump Hyde up a (7) for keeping their defence busy, which allowed Mullin more time and space.

The officials were dreadful, so hope the NL had an assessor there to witness the calamity they created. Woking are big, strong and well organized, but they were very cynical in their mostly successful attempts to con the ref.

Personally, I would have brought on Angus instead of McAlinden, who shouldn’t be written off.

Same with Dave Jones. He was fine doing the holding role until he had a rush of blood to his head rather than his glutes.

We are still not fully flowing, but I think we will get there. But full marks to everyone left on the pitch to dig in after DJ walked. Many teams would have collapsed under the Woking battering-ram ie Torquay.
Old 12th September 2021, 22.50:57   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX01 View Post
Tyler French outstanding again.
The rest of the back 5 were great too.
Young appears to be the weak link in midfield.
Ridiculously stupid from David Jones.
I wouldn't say French was outstanding. He had a good game nothing more than that though. Outstanding was last week setting up 2 goals at Eastleigh.
Old 12th September 2021, 23.17:31   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Lainton - 7: A great save at the end to ensure we go away with 3 points. His major weakness is coming out too late and alot of times he should come out early and needs to command his box much better.

French - 7: Had a good solid game, not as good as his previous two matches but it's good to know we have 2 quality RWB's now.

Hayden - 6: Was his poorest game in a Wrexham shirt, got bullied and outfought by their huge striker and his distribution can be a bit hit and miss.

Tozer - 7: Another commanding and assured performance.

Lennon - 8: (MOM) Simply because he has improved so much from the other times we had seen him. Some of his cross field passes to French were top drawer. He gives us balance at the LCB position and thats another 90 mins under his belt for his fitness.

Reckord - 7: Best game of the season for him, whilst he is no the quickest some of his defensive play was superb and winning of many 50/50's showed his desire to want to win the ball back. Also some of his crosses in were quality too.

J. Jones - 7: Our best midfielder and some of his passes were great 1 or 2 touches no messing unlike the other 2 midfielders alongside him. Also that backheel nutmeg was outstanding!

Young - 5: Very poor from Young, he held onto the ball far too long and was running around like a raging lunatic. It was his 3 or 4 touches and losing the ball in midfield which resulted in D Jones getting his first booking so that as Young's fault. He is a squad player at best and I would go as far as replacing him with Jarvis for future games as Jarvis can't be any worse surely?

Davies - 6: Got the match winning goal with a good header and did some good runs with the ball but has no end product. His passing is off and both his shots were off target. I don't think I have seen him get a shot on target this season from outside the box which is worrying after going through his purple patch at the end of last season. Needs to up his game and create more for the strikers.

Hyde - 7: Was a very tough game for him yesterday not alot stuck as he was up against a hue, strong defender. But he never gave up and with his aerial presence he is always a threat.

Mullin - 8: Had that bit of quality providing the cross for the goal which you need from your star player. Had a couple of shots straight into the keeper's arms which one day one of them will fly in the top corner. His movement is exquisite and brings other players into play which is massive for us.

SUBS

D. Jones - 5: I think everyone is over-reacting regarding D Jones. Yes his decision making was out for the 2nd foul but both fouls were a result of our player giving the ball away to the opposition (the first one was Young's horrendous loss of the ball in the centre circle when he took 3 or 4 touches in which he should have played in J Jones who had made a cracking run). It's not like a quick double yellow card is never heard of, Spurs' defender got 2 yellows in 4 mins yesterday versus Palace so as you can see it even happens in the Premiership too!

McAlinden - 6: Again people are being too harsh on him and he has good dribbling skills and movement to get into the position which admittedly he cocked up when he squared it and should have shot. He just needs a run of games, he was playing in a League 2 play off team last season so he definitely has the quality.

Just one mention of our style of play I think we are trying to emulate the style Liverpool play which will be no bad thing! We have ball playing centre backs who ping it out to the opposite flank and our wing backs attack the space to try and stretch teams. That move we did yesterday when we countered down the left and Reckord crossed it in and we had 3 players unmarked all rushing into the box was a joy to behold. It's exactly the opposite of Keatesball!

Essay Ends.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.14:39.