Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th November 2021, 16.15:48   #1-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default New Fearless in Devotion podcast - Durrell

Couldn’t see a thread about this. It’s a good listen but the biggest takeaways for me were less about ED himself and more what he had to say that is relevant to current players/management:

- he is very close to Reckord who said he was loving life under PP compared to DK and that they are encouraged to play a through the lines passing game
- he felt he had a lot more time on the ball when he played in L2 compared to the national league
- he is now the second podcast guest after Kev Russell to question Dan Jarvis’s desire and attitude (as well as Yussef’s but he is of course yesterday’s news)

Just one guys opinion of course but does it suggest that PP wants us to play a more appealing way but either the players we have are not good enough or are reverting to hoof ball under pressure without that being the manager’s instruction?

Are our league players still getting used to a different type of game with less time on the ball and is this pressure causing the high number of mistakes and making them look like poorer players than they showed higher up?

Either way the results and performances are still an issue that need to be addressed sharpish but this gave me a different perspective
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th November 2021, 16.46:21   #2-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Eric Roberts

Default Re: New Fearless in Devotion podcast - Durrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Couldn’t see a thread about this. It’s a good listen but the biggest takeaways for me were less about ED himself and more what he had to say that is relevant to current players/management:

- he is very close to Reckord who said he was loving life under PP compared to DK and that they are encouraged to play a through the lines passing game
- he felt he had a lot more time on the ball when he played in L2 compared to the national league
- he is now the second podcast guest after Kev Russell to question Dan Jarvis’s desire and attitude (as well as Yussef’s but he is of course yesterday’s news)

Just one guys opinion of course but does it suggest that PP wants us to play a more appealing way but either the players we have are not good enough or are reverting to hoof ball under pressure without that being the manager’s instruction?

Are our league players still getting used to a different type of game with less time on the ball and is this pressure causing the high number of mistakes and making them look like poorer players than they showed higher up?

Either way the results and performances are still an issue that need to be addressed sharpish but this gave me a different perspective
Posted via mobile theme
Cheers for the heads up, il check it out now. One thing about Durrell, he seemed to look good everywhere he went except here. And that is a reoccurring theme isn’t it.
Old 8th November 2021, 17.10:52   #3-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Also, if we are prepped to play this expansive, slick football, its the gaffers job to ask the questions to these players that aren’t following the protocol. Why are you going against my tactics? What is it about the set up you don’t understand or chose not to do? The majority of the starting 11 are “football league” players. Why aren’t you confident or comfortable playing against part timers or “non league” players/teams? I’d drop the defiers until they got with the programme. If my work team aren’t performing then I want answers. It’s your head on the guillotine Parky, these lads have 2/3 years left.
Old 8th November 2021, 17.31:20   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

I’ve never really understood the “you should always beat part-timers” debate. Of course you should, but it’s not that simple. I watched the St Albans Forest Green game yesterday and if you knew nothing about the two teams you’d have no idea which team was part time and which was flying in League Two. They outplayed and outfought the team levels higher and it happens consistently. What you’ll get with part time teams is that they will always be more motivated than the team that’s getting decent wages. They have a hunger to get that win, you just don’t get that with the majority of full time teams. Usually they will tire and you can take advantage then, but using the St Albans example again, they were out on their feet, but still kept fighting and running, playing on complete adrenaline, that’s why playing the part timers at this level will always be a banana skin. They don’t get the credit they deserve really, it’s just seen as an embarrassment if you lose to them
Old 8th November 2021, 17.48:04   #5-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmancommeth View Post
Cheers for the heads up, il check it out now. One thing about Durrell, he seemed to look good everywhere he went except here. And that is a reoccurring theme isn’t it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWAFC View Post
I’ve never really understood the “you should always beat part-timers” debate. Of course you should, but it’s not that simple. I watched the St Albans Forest Green game yesterday and if you knew nothing about the two teams you’d have no idea which team was part time and which was flying in League Two. They outplayed and outfought the team levels higher and it happens consistently. What you’ll get with part time teams is that they will always be more motivated than the team that’s getting decent wages. They have a hunger to get that win, you just don’t get that with the majority of full time teams. Usually they will tire and you can take advantage then, but using the St Albans example again, they were out on their feet, but still kept fighting and running, playing on complete adrenaline, that’s why playing the part timers at this level will always be a banana skin. They don’t get the credit they deserve really, it’s just seen as an embarrassment if you lose to them
All true but at the same time, we are seeing the same mistakes, the same lack of footballing intelligence, hoofing it forward hoping for the opposition to knock it out for a big throw from Tozer. The same sitting back after scoring one goal. Our struggles are being caused by us only. Yeah teams might find that extra gear against us, but if you take out OUR mistakes, we would be much better off. How many times does Hayden look like bamby on ice? How many times do you see our midfield bypassed or over run. How can we have Paul Mullin, who should be leagues above, maybe even championship, who is quality on the ball, be left chasing shadows from 60 yard passes. It’s bizzare! Imagine how many he would have scored if we actually played football and utilised him as the talisman he should be. It’s due to how our team is performing. That’s on our heads, or more so the players, or maybe even more so Parkinson.
Old 8th November 2021, 18.02:43   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmancommeth View Post
All true but at the same time, we are seeing the same mistakes, the same lack of footballing intelligence, hoofing it forward hoping for the opposition to knock it out for a big throw from Tozer. The same sitting back after scoring one goal. Our struggles are being caused by us only. Yeah teams might find that extra gear against us, but if you take out OUR mistakes, we would be much better off. How many times does Hayden look like bamby on ice? How many times do you see our midfield bypassed or over run. How can we have Paul Mullin, who should be leagues above, maybe even championship, who is quality on the ball, be left chasing shadows from 60 yard passes. It’s bizzare! Imagine how many he would have scored if we actually played football and utilised him as the talisman he should be. It’s due to how our team is performing. That’s on our heads, or more so the players, or maybe even more so Parkinson.
But as you say, it’s individual errors on the pitch, there’s not much any manager can do about that. Carlisle were very disappointed to lose Hayden, so it's clear he’s not as bad as people think he is. Maybe it is like you say, he’s not used to playing at this level and needs to adapt. I quite liked how we played vs Notts, that was a very clever utilisation of the “long ball” for me because we got the ball in behind their defence to Mullin and Hyde and caused panic every time and I’m pretty sure it was the “long ball” that caused chaos for Jones to hammer it home, only for it to be incorrectly ruled out. The long ball can work, you just need to be clever and calm with it. I see the players do it out of panic sometimes or just under hitting the ball so it falls bang onto the head of the defender instead of over him and then it looks terrible. For me, Parkinson made the mistake of not strengthening the midfield, but having not seen them before, there’s no way he would’ve known they’re not good enough, you need games to see that, but he clearly knows that now judging by his comments and it’s up to him to sort this in January. We just need to make sure we’re in and around the play offs until then
Old 8th November 2021, 18.38:20   #7-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Mullin said a while back that many of the players are not yet playing as instructed by PP. That suggests Mullin is also instep with PP’s vision.

Why are we not playing to the game plan?

What can we do in the short-term to play to the game plan?

What can we do in the medium-term to play to the game plan?

Finally what is the game plan? Surely it cannot be the same for each and every game.

Ultimately, it’s a results based business, and we are behind the drag-curve at the moment!
Old 8th November 2021, 19.19:29   #8-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @None

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post

Posted via mobile theme
I did have a chuckle when he mentioned that Reckord believes Durrell would love PP's football. Unreal.
Old 8th November 2021, 19.29:20   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWAFC View Post
But as you say, it’s individual errors on the pitch, there’s not much any manager can do about that. Carlisle were very disappointed to lose Hayden, so it's clear he’s not as bad as people think he is. Maybe it is like you say, he’s not used to playing at this level and needs to adapt. I quite liked how we played vs Notts, that was a very clever utilisation of the “long ball” for me because we got the ball in behind their defence to Mullin and Hyde and caused panic every time and I’m pretty sure it was the “long ball” that caused chaos for Jones to hammer it home, only for it to be incorrectly ruled out. The long ball can work, you just need to be clever and calm with it. I see the players do it out of panic sometimes or just under hitting the ball so it falls bang onto the head of the defender instead of over him and then it looks terrible. For me, Parkinson made the mistake of not strengthening the midfield, but having not seen them before, there’s no way he would’ve known they’re not good enough, you need games to see that, but he clearly knows that now judging by his comments and it’s up to him to sort this in January. We just need to make sure we’re in and around the play offs until then
Very good post. And yes you’re right, we constantly got behind Notts County with the long balls to Mullin and Hyde who’s movement and first touch caused them havoc. We’re missing them two a lot lately.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.14:54.