Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th March 2023, 15.38:16   #91-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS - Im a Stander
Twitter: @

Default Re: Queue open

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWR View Post
I've only seen a couple. But surely it would be the same if it was ballot. The ballot would be open to members. For which they clearly are.

Alot of the people moaning on social media about not getting tickets, I've never seen mention Wrexham before 2 years ago. Same as on here. Red Passion has been around for over 20 years before we moved to this platform in 2004. Yet loads of new members asking for tickets. And complaining when they cant get any.

Sad for the genuine fans but that was always the flip side of the purchase. And it was the sole reason I got a season ticket.
Missed out on tickets today, I should probably be grateful as I managed to get Notts County tickets. It is a bit annoying that there are bandwagon jumpers who are getting in in front of genuine fans. Not their fault mind, they’ve become a member like everyone else and have has much right to go watch them as anyone else. Just a bit miffed when someone who only knows us through a tv series gets one over someone who’s been watching the reds through thick and thin for 30 years. I guess in a few years time things won’t be so bad. We’ll have a bigger capacity ground, the novelty factor will wear off on the fickle fans and the documentary series will end at some point and we’ll be off some people radars then.
Old 29th March 2023, 15.38:22   #92-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
The unfair bit is under your suggestion that someone who has been to 11-14 of the 14 games not sold by the club and 9 of the games sold by the club would have less chance of getting a ticket against someone who only went to the 10 away games sold by the club.

There are various scenarios but your suggestion to use just 10 away games means someone could have gone to 11-23 away games this season and have less chance to people who have gone to 1-10 away games. Just depending on which ones they went to.
But the regulars will have been to the 10, so will be looked after. Therefore the system is a success.
Old 29th March 2023, 15.45:46   #93-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
But the regulars will have been to the 10, so will be looked after. Therefore the system is a success.
Exactly. Using this seasons away ticket purchases as a starting point for a loyalty scheme is the only fair way to do it.
Old 29th March 2023, 16.00:12   #94-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outertowner View Post
Missed out on tickets today, I should probably be grateful as I managed to get Notts County tickets. It is a bit annoying that there are bandwagon jumpers who are getting in in front of genuine fans. Not their fault mind, they’ve become a member like everyone else and have has much right to go watch them as anyone else. Just a bit miffed when someone who only knows us through a tv series gets one over someone who’s been watching the reds through thick and thin for 30 years. I guess in a few years time things won’t be so bad. We’ll have a bigger capacity ground, the novelty factor will wear off on the fickle fans and the documentary series will end at some point and we’ll be off some people radars then.
How many are there is reality? My guess is somewhere between 20-50 international fans per game. I think social media makes it seem like there is more.

Yes there will be Liverpool, United, Everton fans who couldn't have cared less about us a few years ago. Some of those will even be season ticket holders.

But my guess is that its largely the same pool of fans who went to LDV final 18 years ago. And the Fa Trophy finals. The playoff final. When we played middlesborough in 97, Everton in 02. Aston Villa in 07. Brighton in 2012.

Those casual fans are simply attending more games. And thats how a lower league club should expand their fan base.
Old 29th March 2023, 16.30:03   #95-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
But you are locking out people who could have been to more. No justification for prioritising people who went to games sold by us, over those who went to games sold by the opposition.
Old 29th March 2023, 16.58:15   #96-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWR View Post
How many are there is reality? My guess is somewhere between 20-50 international fans per game. I think social media makes it seem like there is more.

Yes there will be Liverpool, United, Everton fans who couldn't have cared less about us a few years ago. Some of those will even be season ticket holders.

But my guess is that its largely the same pool of fans who went to LDV final 18 years ago. And the Fa Trophy finals. The playoff final. When we played middlesborough in 97, Everton in 02. Aston Villa in 07. Brighton in 2012.

Those casual fans are simply attending more games. And thats how a lower league club should expand their fan base.

I think this is pretty much the case.

I know 2 ex-United fans and 1 ex-Liverpool fan that are all now season ticket holders. 2 of them used to take the piss when we were shite. They’re now massive fans.

I’d still prefer how it is now than how it used to be a million times over.
Old 29th March 2023, 18.51:04   #97-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal welsh red View Post
I think this is pretty much the case.

I know 2 ex-United fans and 1 ex-Liverpool fan that are all now season ticket holders. 2 of them used to take the piss when we were shite. They’re now massive fans.

I’d still prefer how it is now than how it used to be a million times over.
This is basically the only aspect of the buzz around our club that I can't stand. I too know a few people that used to take the piss out of Wrexham who are now pretty regular at the racecourse.

No issue at all with the new American/Canadian/Australian etc fans, I think it's great that we've got so many new fans from around the world.

But the gimps that used to sit in North Wales pubs calling each other scousers and mancs every time Liverpool played united who are now suddenly big Wrexham fans can f**k off. You made your choice as far as I'm concerned, and you decided not to get behind your local club.
Old 29th March 2023, 19.20:43   #98-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
There were around 5,000 season tickets up for grabs for the start of the 2021/2022 season. That was the time to get in if you really wanted to watch Wrexham and not miss the big games.

It was obvious to an idiot it was going to take off but even I'm shocked at the demand. Unfortunately, those who sat on their hands that summer are now the ones who are desperate for tickets.

Hopefully most of you can get one in the Spring/Summer of 2024
Yep. Last time I had a season ticket was during the Flynn eraand had no plans of getting one another during the DS and lager club period. I 'renewed ' in 2021 as like you say it was pretty obvious what was going to happen, but even so, I'm also staggered at demand.

I couldn't drag folk to The Racecourse before, now I've suddenly got new besties wanting tickets when I'm away.

I do feel for the so called 'genuine ' fans who are missing out, but I'm afraid that's the price of progress, and it's a price well worth paying IMO.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.40:44.