Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th September 2023, 07.31:16   #28-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Welcome to Wrexham S2E5: "First Losers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxmedwards View Post
I get why they included the Dorking bit, but before that they showed Jacob Mendy scoring in that game and then forgot to mention we beat them 0-5 or show any footage?

Very strange, but as long as the international viewers enjoy and the money keeps rolling in, happy days.
I suppose if you spend 5 minutes building up the Dorking story of them being winners and then show us hammering them 5-0, you've wasted the previous 5 minutes. That is why the featured clips of them beating Notts instead.

I don't think the show has been perfect so far, but anyone expecting a 10 hour long 22-23 NL season review show is always going to be disappointed.
Old 28th September 2023, 07.35:33   #29-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

There are 15 episodes to fill, if we just devoted every episode to 3 or 4 league games, people would lose interest very quick.
Old 28th September 2023, 08.42:45   #30-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Season 1 was superb apart from a couple of episodes. This season just feels different. They've taken a winning formula and tried to improve it, but it's pretty poor so far.

If people are getting bored during a 20 minute episode then that's not good.
Old 28th September 2023, 09.12:21   #31-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
Season 1 was superb apart from a couple of episodes. This season just feels different. They've taken a winning formula and tried to improve it, but it's pretty poor so far.

If people are getting bored during a 20 minute episode then that's not good.
New production team and new directors
Old 28th September 2023, 09.49:40   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Roa

I didn't particularly enjoy the two episodes this week but my missus, who tends to switch off when the football is focused on, enjoyed them a lot more than usual. I suppose the documentary is there to cater to a wider audience than just football fans and episodes like this are to be expected. You'd expect that the football will shift to the main focus soon enough.
Old 28th September 2023, 10.00:37   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Kop, when it was open. Now my Couch

To each his own. Personally I'm finding season 2 even better than a wonderful season 1.
This particular episode did feel a bit odd but I'm going to watch it again. I'm finding that a 2nd viewing of the episodes reveals a lot more nuance (same in season 1 as well).
What I am finding in this season is that Rob and Ryan are extremely generous with their time, not just for the Wrexham community but for football in general.
As someone else said " all boats rise with the tide" but Rob and Ryan are giving precious documentary time to clubs like Notts and Dorking (and more power to them).
Having said that, I'm expecting the NL to have a bit of a rough ride when the go into detail on the streaming challenges from last season
Old 28th September 2023, 10.46:20   #34-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: The one next to my friends seat
Twitter: @andy_y_cawr

Not over impressed with season 2 so far the Autism episode was interesting
but i want the inner workings of the club and how things are done I dont give a hoot a bout a moneyed mouthy git from Dawking or some actress who babbled on far to long about being 2nd best .
Old 28th September 2023, 10.59:05   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

The proof will be in the ratings, I suppose but there seems to be many folks, with no association with Wrexham or the club, living around Crewe & Nantwich tuning in.
Old 28th September 2023, 11.11:23   #36-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by y mochyn coch View Post
Not over impressed with season 2 so far the Autism episode was interesting
but i want the inner workings of the club and how things are done I dont give a hoot a bout a moneyed mouthy git from Dawking or some actress who babbled on far to long about being 2nd best .
Mark White is class.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.27:19.